DPS and EHP Spreadsheet

Any idea when this will be updated to work on RoS?
    Read the post above yours ;-)

It is updated and working.
    As Bagstone said, the spreadsheet is working fine. I just haven't updated it with the new passives or updated the EHP calculation to account for higher level. The DPS part works just fine.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    Wait, the EHP is not up-to-date? From your earlier post I thought it was. I need to figure out what to re-roll into sockets on my Depth Diggers. Leaning towards vitality...
    The spreadsheet should now be updated for RoS. Recent updates include:

Updated Mob level to 73 for Armor and resist mitigation and EHP calcs
    Updated Str, vit, and Int for a lvl 70 character
    Added Unwavering Will to buffs list
    Updated Enchantress EHP calculation to include armor from paragon points
    Updated HP calculation based on lvl 70 character
    My Wizard
    AWESOME! Thanks.
    I messed up the Unwavering Will contribution to EHP but just updated the spreadsheet to correct it.

In case there's any confusion, your Int, Vit, Str,DPS, HP, CC, CD, APS should exactly match the in game value (APS rounds to 2 decimals though). Your armor and lowest resist should match the in game values exactly, though they might differ by 1 due to rounding on the char sheet.
    My Wizard
    I've been looking over the spreadsheet and trying to calculate the values myself. However I've been finding it difficult to find a definitive answer. My question is regarding Crit% vs +Skill damage. Anyone have a straightforward conversion? . Considering I'm using a Wave of force build would it be smarter to go with the +DMG or the Crit %? Here is the item screenshots. If someone can help me out I would be very thankful.

Items:http://i.imgur.com/irFcmot.jpg

Profile:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Guthar-1607/hero/14288367
    well, based on that comparison, the crit would end up being less damage (since its a 7% overall increase) as opposed to the flat 13% increase wave of force damage.

BUT, you could reroll that socket into getting 6% crit -and- 13% damage. How great would that be? Based on your other helm, i take it you were going to put a ruby in it, and 39% xp isnt that great because if you really wanted to get xp, you could bump up the difficulty and get 400, 800, 1100% exp. I wouldnt give up 6% Crit to change that into 439, 839 or 1139 in the grand scheme of things.

If it was a multiplicative bonus, that would be an entire different story. (Would turn those dfifficulties into 556, 1112, 1529)
    Last edited by Siku: 3/29/2014 6:00:05 PM
    Quote from Guthar

I've been looking over the spreadsheet and trying to calculate the values myself. However I've been finding it difficult to find a definitive answer. My question is regarding Crit% vs +Skill damage. Anyone have a straightforward conversion? . Considering I'm using a Wave of force build would it be smarter to go with the +DMG or the Crit %? Here is the item screenshots. If someone can help me out I would be very thankful.

Items:http://i.imgur.com/irFcmot.jpg

Profile:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Guthar-1607/hero/14288367

On the equipped tab, put the item with crit%. On the other sheet put the version with +skill damage and keep the other gear the same. Compare effective dps and you'll see which is better.
    My Wizard
    Some Issues i encountered:

• Paragon Life Regen seems to use lvl 60 stats
    • Some colums are too small to show higher values. While this can be easily fixed by myself, it might be a good idea to increase the default size.
    • It might be convenient to add a extra column, where u can enter your accumalted set boni. Of course you could just add them to an arbitrary item, but that way it felt slightly impractical.
    Another couple minor changes:

Corrected Paragon armor contribution on Full Gear Comparison tab
    Added percent differences for DPS and EHP values between Equipped Items tab and Full Gear Comparison tab
    My Wizard
    Another minor update:

Updated Life per Second from paragon levels to the correct amount for level 70 (165.1)
    My Wizard
    My DPS is a bit off. i've double/triple checked all the armor stats, i think it has to do something with my weapon and the black damage on the weapon alongside the =% damage

here are the stats i put in the spreadsheet, as well as the stats of the weapon, the unbuffed/buffed dps the spreadsheet says as well my unbuffed/buffed dps in-game.

http://i.imgur.com/XLA3uVa.png

also, i checked and all the "green" cells match correctly...

Other than that, awesome spreadsheet :)
    EF is a non-elemental damage weapon, so don't put anything in the C7 and C8 cells. If that doesn't fix it, let me know.
    My Wizard
    I have a short question about the calculation of the effective char sheet DPS. My unbuffed and buffed char sheet DPS match perfectly, so I seem to have gotten all the stats right.

Buffed char sheet DPS is 1000728. Additionally I have +43% cold damage (just wanted to see the DPS for my FO) and +41% Arcane Orb Damage.

Now I read in another thread, linked from the FAQ here, that these should multiply. So I was expecting my buffed char sheet DPS to go from 1000728*1,43*1,41=2017767, but even if it would be 1000728*1,84, it would result in1841339. Your sheet shows 1809575, though.

I think you multiply them, as seen in D39 Full gear calc, but you have lost me with the calculation in D17 Full gear calc.

Did I enter something wrong or do I calculate it wrong?
    Quote from Breakerone

I have a short question about the calculation of the effective char sheet DPS. My unbuffed and buffed char sheet DPS match perfectly, so I seem to have gotten all the stats right.

Buffed char sheet DPS is 1000728. Additionally I have +43% cold damage (just wanted to see the DPS for my FO) and +41% Arcane Orb Damage.

Now I read in another thread, linked from the FAQ here, that these should multiply. So I was expecting my buffed char sheet DPS to go from 1000728*1,43*1,41=2017767, but even if it would be 1000728*1,84, it would result in1841339. Your sheet shows 1809575, though.

I think you multiply them, as seen in D39 Full gear calc, but you have lost me with the calculation in D17 Full gear calc.

Did I enter something wrong or do I calculate it wrong?

If you have buffs enabled, those are additive with the +arcane Orb damage. Let's say you're running MW: deflection for 10% bonus damage. The calc would be

1000728/1.1*1.43*1.51=1964429 effective buffed char sheet dps. Basically D17 is a sum of all the weapon damage buffs, including MW, GC, SF, +skill damage% (like arcane orb), UW, etc. Your char sheet dps is multiplied by that sum+1, which is also multiplied by a similar factor accounting for your elemental damage.

In other words, elemental damage is multiplicative with skill damage, like you said, whereas skill damage is additive with buffs from skills like MW and such.

I hope that makes sense.
    My Wizard
    Hi,

I've been working on the sheet this morning inputting my char values. I have some questions I'm hoping you can help me with:

1. The differences between +Elemental Damage% and +Damage% as Elemental (Legacy)? I think the +Skill Damage % is intuitive enough. F

For example: I have a fire wizard build. I have lots of +x% to fire damage and some +x% to arcane orb and some +x% to magic missile. What categories do these fall under in the spreadsheet? And does the spreadsheet know the difference between each of these for the calcs? I'm pretty sure this is why my char sheet DPS is not lining up with my in-game DPS.

2.Why no Conflagration passive for the calcs? i.e. Increase crit% by 6 for 3 seconds when burning enemies.

3. What about all these new legendary procs that add damage? It seems annoying to add to the spreadsheet but I'd thought I'd ask anyway. For example:"1 extra Magic Missile" proc from Mirror Ball off-Hand legendary or"Chance on hit to blast your enemies with Lightning. +349% damage as Lightning and then jump to additional enemies. Each enemies hit has their attack speed and movement speed reduced by 30% for 3 seconds. Jumps up to 5 targets." Actually does this get calculated under +%Elemental Damage on the sheet? I have a couple other legendaries that do similar proc damage like this. Though it's only on the order of ~60k.

Thanks!
    Your unbuffed and buffed char sheet dps should match those of the spreadsheet when unbuffed or fully buffed, respectively. If not, then chances are you entered something wrong. If you're absolutely sure you entered everything right, let me know and I can either find the bug or figure out what isn't entered correctly.

Regarding your questions:

1) The legacy affix is "Adds +x% [elemental] damage" like on the SoJ in my profile. The new +Elemental Damage% affix says "[Elemental] skills deal x% more damage"

The spreadsheet is only meant to track one skill of one element. If you want to compare different gear sets or look how your damage is different for a different element and/or skill, you'd have to utilize the gear comparison tab, or can use multiple copies of the spreadsheet. Including functionality for multiple skills or elements will mostly overcomplicate the spreadsheet.

2) Conflag is one of several buffs I haven't gotten around to adding to the spreadsheet. The simple fix for now is to simply add 6% crit to one of your items to see the relative gain.

3) The spreadsheet is meant to mainly be used to compare items in a simple manner, like switching an elemental item for a non elemental, CD vs CC, and things like that. It is not meant to compute your total effective dps, since those calculations tend to be fairly complex, especially when combined with some of the new legendary procs. The spreadsheet can help compare weapons since it can show an effective dps for each, but you'll have to account for the approximate value of the proc yourself.
    My Wizard
    Quote from Loroese

I hope that makes sense.

Yes, makes perfect sense. Thanks a lot!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes