DPS and EHP Spreadsheet

Minor bug fix: in the weapon comparison column of the Equipped Comparison tab, the %Life boxes were not doing anything. This has now been fixed.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    Another couple bug fixes.

Corrected the Bonus Damage and +Damage% as Elemental boxes in the MH column of the Equipped Comparison tab.

Also fixed the relative dps gain from +max damage since it was setting the new +max damage to 1 instead of just adding 1 to the existing value.
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    Another small update.

I updated EHP threshold tables to take the previous damage reduction in Inferno to be multiplied by (1-0.15) instead of divided by (1+0.15). This is based on the expected upcoming damage reduction and how it was presented in a blue post.

Also at some point I had added the upcoming Inferno damage reduction to the EHP table but it has now been corrected.

EDIT: I finally looked up how to correctly spell threshold, so my apologies if it was driving anyone crazy.
    Thanks!!
    Ah, been using this for a while, just haven't yet offered my thanks for this. Sure helped making my decisions a hell of a lot easier.

Sold off my Zuni Marrow and one of my trifecta rings, switched to Tal Rasha's chest and Zuni Pox, all while gaining a hefty amount of gold in profit (who would've thought?). Would've really regretted that decision if it didn't work out in my favor.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Hey, AMAZING work on this spreadsheet.
    It has helped me SO MUCH in choosing my gear.

I'm having an issue where in the Equipped Comparison tab, It thinks an Echoing Fury will increase my DPS by 10,829, but in game it only actually increases it by 558. Luckily I got it cheap so it wasn't a devastating purchase, but I'd like to know whats wrong.
    I have no idea how "+0.24 attacks per second" works on the Echoing Fury, and did not put it anywhere into the spreadsheet.
    I'm guessing the weapon's tool tip attack speed is already updated with it.

I double checked all of the stats on the Equipped Items page.
    Everything lines up except my overall dps without magic weapon or sparkflint is listed as: 50563.85 vs. in-game: 50579.60. I don't care about that small difference.

Do you have any idea whats going wrong? If you need any other info let me know.

(I'm not allowed to post URLs yet unfortunately)
    http:// i.imgur.com/jTzJz.jpg
    http:// i.imgur.com/JTjhG.jpg
    Quote from Shlinkz

Hey, AMAZING work on this spreadsheet.
    It has helped me SO MUCH in choosing my gear.

I'm having an issue where in the Equipped Comparison tab, It thinks an Echoing Fury will increase my DPS by 10,829, but in game it only actually increases it by 558. Luckily I got it cheap so it wasn't a devastating purchase, but I'd like to know whats wrong.
    I have no idea how "+0.24 attacks per second" works on the Echoing Fury, and did not put it anywhere into the spreadsheet.
    I'm guessing the weapon's tool tip attack speed is already updated with it.

I double checked all of the stats on the Equipped Items page.
    Everything lines up except my overall dps without magic weapon or sparkflint is listed as: 50563.85 vs. in-game: 50579.60. I don't care about that small difference.

Do you have any idea whats going wrong? If you need any other info let me know.

(I'm not allowed to post URLs yet unfortunately)
    http:// i.imgur.com/jTzJz.jpg
    http:// i.imgur.com/JTjhG.jpg

You need to put the +0.24 attacks per second into the +attack speed box, in addition to putting the tooltip displayed attacks per second in the top box. Also, don't put anything in the min+ dmg and max +dmg boxes. That's only meant to be used when you're trying to compare a 1h+OH to an equipped 2h. Those values are already included in the weapon damage range.
    Quote from Loroese

You need to put the +0.24 attacks per second into the +attack speed box, in addition to putting the tooltip displayed attacks per second in the top box. Also, don't put anything in the min+ dmg and max +dmg boxes. That's only meant to be used when you're trying to compare a 1h+OH to an equipped 2h. Those values are already included in the weapon damage range.

Awesome thanks, that was my problem!
    Because the patch is going live tomorrow, I have updated the spreadsheet based on the changes announced in the patch notes. I also added an EHP Threshold tab with tables based on MP (monster power) level. I'll update the table with more accurate numbers if/when the base damage from mobs is datamined and I see the new information.

For anyone using items with +Damage% as Elemental affixes, such as Zunimassa's Trail or Triumvirate, your dps will increase due to the fix in the way it was being calculated. It is now based on your average physical damage rather than just the min damage. I dont know if this was a bug fix or a tooltip change, but your char sheet dps was using just the min damage to calculate the dps gain from such items.

For more specifics on changes, see the Updates tab in the spreadsheet. There were a couple minor additions but nothing was very significant besides updating it for the new patch.
    Minor update: I corrected some calculations for the relative EHP contribution of items on the Equipped Items tab.
    Can somone help me to what i do wrong here?
    Have 3 items at the spreedsheet
    whep offhand and helm but the dps calculation are wrong
    and cant find the fail.
    imageshack. us/f/542/whatuq.jpg/
    Quote from Nuubi

Can somone help me to what i do wrong here?
    Have 3 items at the spreedsheet
    whep offhand and helm but the dps calculation are wrong
    and cant find the fail.
    imageshack. us/f/542/whatuq.jpg/

2 things: First, you didn't put the arcane damage of your weapon in the Min Elemental Bonus Damage and Max Elemental Bonus Damage boxes, which you need to do. Second, you didn't put the 8% lightning damage in. It should be put in the +Damage% as elemental box for your helm.
    If i only have my sword on spreedsheet say 3527,59dps and ingame 3530,02 and now with the right elemental bonus damage.
    imageshack. us/f/43/what1z.jpg/
    Quote from Nuubi

If i only have my sword on spreedsheet say 3527,59dps and ingame 3530,02 and now with the right elemental bonus damage.

Yeah, that's normal when your weapon has bonus damage% on it. One of these days I'll add a row for that parameter to make it more accurate since it seems the in game tooltip bug associated with that damage has been corrected. If you want a more precise match, try using 321.48 for min damage and 841.32 for max damage. Those should better reflect the actual weapon damage range after accounting for the bonus damage.
    Quote from Loroese

Quote from Nuubi

Yeah, that's normal when your weapon has bonus damage% on it. One of these days I'll add a row for that parameter to make it more accurate since it seems the in game tooltip bug associated with that damage has been corrected. If you want a more precise match, try using 321.48 for min damage and 841.32 for max damage. Those should better reflect the actual weapon damage range after accounting for the bonus damage.

Okay il think i good it now. Thx alot for youre time
    and keep up the good and realy nice work
    and sorry my little bad english

Dotdk
    thank you , amazing spreadsheet
    US 4th/World 20th Paragon lv100 Wizard
    My Diabloprogress Page
    Wizard solo kill Uber Boss MP 10
    On 'Equiped Calculations', S26 should be
    =(S11+S8-S6)*(1+S17/100)+S6
    and S27
    =(S12+S9-S7)*(1+S17/100)+S7

Oh it was updated in the 10/15/2012 version =)
    I made a couple meaningful updates today:
    1. Added options for Pinpoint Barrier and the barb skill War Cry with Impunity rune for those who play multiplayer with a barb with that ability.
    2. Updated EHP Thresholds tab based on the change to mob damage with the recent 1.0.5a patch/hotfix. The actual base damage of mobs is still an approximation so use the tables at your own discretion.
    3. Increased DPS accuracy by adding a box to input +% Damage on a weapon since the in game damage number bug associated with that affix seems to have been fixed.
    4. Updated Notes tab.

The results of (3) is that when you enter the correct information, you should see very good results to 1-2 decimal values even when using weapons with +x% Damage.

As always, if anyone has an issue or notices something wrong with the spreadsheet, please let me know so I can fix it. I'm also mostly out of ideas for updates to the spreadsheet, aside from possibly trying to convert it to a multi-class spreadsheet (which I might do if I decide to level a barb) so any ideas or suggestions are welcome and encouraged. I'm going to edit the original post a bit, but the updated version is already uploaded and ready to go.
    Quote from Loroese

I made a couple meaningful updates today:
    1. Added options for Pinpoint Barrier and the barb skill War Cry with Impunity rune for those who play multiplayer with a barb with that ability.
    2. Updated EHP Thresholds tab based on the change to mob damage with the recent 1.0.5a patch/hotfix. The actual base damage of mobs is still an approximation so use the tables at your own discretion.
    3. Increased DPS accuracy by adding a box to input +% Damage on a weapon since the in game damage number bug associated with that affix seems to have been fixed.
    4. Updated Notes tab.

The results of (3) is that when you enter the correct information, you should see very good results to 1-2 decimal values even when using weapons with +x% Damage.

As always, if anyone has an issue or notices something wrong with the spreadsheet, please let me know so I can fix it. I'm also mostly out of ideas for updates to the spreadsheet, aside from possibly trying to convert it to a multi-class spreadsheet (which I might do if I decide to level a barb) so any ideas or suggestions are welcome and encouraged. I'm going to edit the original post a bit, but the updated version is already uploaded and ready to go.

Perhaps aside from just barb's War Cry - Impunity, you can even add in wiz's Slow Time - Stretch Time, WD's Big Bad Voodoo - Slam Dance, DH's Guardian Turret, etc. Or Scoundrel's Anatomy effect.

Throw in Shrines, perhaps. Or go absolutely nuts and try adding in the "average hit" for each type of spell (i.e. average hit damage of an Arcane Hydra head or a Familiar).
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    That's a lot more ideas than I was expecting. They're good ideas though, and I could easily add a "base weapon damage" box below the dps box that calculates the average base weapon hit. I'll have to look up the other abilities since I'm not very familiar with classes besides wizards. The IAS slow time one is also great idea, since there seems to be a lot of love for IAS on the official forums for CM specs.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes