DPS and EHP Spreadsheet

Good morning/afternoon/evening,

I have been using this for A LONG time, and honestly no problems HOWEVER, today I got a new belt and after I updated the relative stats on the Equipped items tab the DPS order of the belt went to the beginning of the list and changed to "0" and seems to be reflecting my overall DPS, attached is screen shot.

okay, I would glad attach the picture but for whatever reason it's saying I can't do that till I have 10 posts... I have posted pictures from imgur before... what is going on?
    There is an issue if two items have the same dps contribution, like if your belt has 180 int and your shoulder has 180 int, the relative dps ordering gets messed up. Try changing one of the int values by 0.001 or so and see if that fixes it. I think there was a post way back in the first couple pages with a recommendation about how to fix it but I never got around to trying it.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    That was it, nailed it, all better thanks!
    On the bright side, the bug doesn't actually affect the overall dps, just the ranking. I didn't think anyone actually paid attention to it to be honest, so it's nice to see some people at least know it's there. :D
    My Wizard
    Hello

Thanks for the DPS Sheet. I use it since a long time and am very happy with it!
    Small update:

Added IAS Breakpoints tab that shows the min IAS on gear needed to reach WW breakpoints at 2.0 APS and above, for a variety of wand, sword, or dagger attack speeds, including Chanto's wand with and without IAS.

The table is color coded to a degree based on if you want to use a triumvirate OH or Chanto's OH. My reasoning is the max IAS you can get from gear while keeping 2 APoC items with an all physical weapon and triumvirate is 63%. Swapping to a Chanto's OH and Mempo/Visage helm caps you at 81%, not counting Inna's pants or Legacy Zuni boots. So to reach the breakpoints requiring 64%+IAS, you'll likely need to use a chanto's OH with APoC.
    My Wizard
    Bug fix

12-7-12 Corrected some errors in the IAS Breakpoints tab for the APS corresponding to Chanto's wands with IAS
    My Wizard
    Your 1.0.5 updates seem to be spot-on Loroese, allowing me to use your updated version (I had edited some fomulae to do the same in one of your previous versions right about when 1.0.5 came out, while waiting for your inevitable update, as you have always been persistent on your mathematical precision with this project of yours :) ).

This is an excellent tool that I use often and wanted to thank you for it. I have a suggestion as well, something that has been bugging me for a while.

In the Detailed Version, you have a row titled "+Attack Speed" that you use on weapons like Chantodo's Will and Echoing Fury that have a rare attribute that adds attacks per second instead of % increased attack speed. My suggestion is to rename this row to match how it reads in-game with the goal of hopefully making the row more user-friendly: name the row "+ Attacks per Second". You may want to rename a couple other rows as well to match in-game wording, for example changing "Increased Attack Speed%" to "Attack Speed Increased By %".

This is all cosmetic of course, and the way it is now is still great. Thanks again!
    Thanks in part to the great suggestion by SeravokX above, I have made a few minor corrections and a couple small additions to the spreadsheet.
    • Changed "+Attack Speed" in the weapons sections to "+Attacks per second" to better reflect the name of the affix in game.
    • Added Bonus Item per MP in the EHP Thresholds tab
    • Added a CMWW Recommended EHP Table in the EHP Thresholds tab. This is the same table that can be found in my Comprehensive CMWW guide
    • Changed "+Attack Speed %" to "IAS %" to better reflect the common usage and in game description of the affix
    • Changed link in LoH Coefficients to match the updated thread on the EU forums, which includes a speed factor for dots and channeled skills.
    • Added Calculation for WW tics as a function of APS in the IAS Breakpoints tab, and included a box in the Equipped Items tab.
    I know there's still some suggestions ffrom Jaetch a page back that I haven't completely forgotten about and might still add at some point, but it's hard to find time when you're working on a dissertation.
    My Wizard
    Thanks for all the work, Loroese.
    Hello again Loroese,

I found a bug in your Detailed Version, on the Equipment Comparison page. At least I consider it a bug; perhaps you could shed some light on this?

I was looking to switch from Zuni Trail/Pox to Nat's Footprints/Reflection, as I am striving for the 2.73APS benchmark. As your spreadsheet has no defined place to put set bonuses in, I followed your suggestion on an earlier post to add a socket to one item (i chose Zuni Trail) with a value equal to the set bonus (130 int).

When comparing to the Nat's I was looking to buy, I added Nat's set bonus (7 crit) to the boots to try to compare equally- I had both set bonuses on the same slot so they should reflect the differences equally. To my dismay, after purchasing the 2 peice Nat's and equipping them I lost 7kdps, instead of the spreadsheet's indicated gain of 2kdps.

I found the reason for the discrepancy: the Equipment Comparison page's "DPS Difference" formula does not take into account any slot addition on the boots on the "Equipped Items" page (but it would have if I had the socket on the ring instead). I guess there's a difference in how a socket is treated on the boots as opposed to the ring, as in the socket bonus on the "Equipped ITems" page is not associated with the boots when comparing, and is rather added as a flat amount to the overall dps?

I was rather surprised that the spreadsheet had indicated a dps increase for switching to Nat's from Zuni in the first place, and so the loss of dps was not totally unexpected. However I thought this worthy of bringing to your attention, as other users may encounter the same issue (especially if they use Ice Climbers).
    Quote from SeravokX

Hello again Loroese,

I found a bug in your Detailed Version, on the Equipment Comparison page. At least I consider it a bug; perhaps you could shed some light on this?

I was looking to switch from Zuni Trail/Pox to Nat's Footprints/Reflection, as I am striving for the 2.73APS benchmark. As your spreadsheet has no defined place to put set bonuses in, I followed your suggestion on an earlier post to add a socket to one item (i chose Zuni Trail) with a value equal to the set bonus (130 int).

When comparing to the Nat's I was looking to buy, I added Nat's set bonus (7 crit) to the boots to try to compare equally- I had both set bonuses on the same slot so they should reflect the differences equally. To my dismay, after purchasing the 2 peice Nat's and equipping them I lost 7kdps, instead of the spreadsheet's indicated gain of 2kdps.

I found the reason for the discrepancy: the Equipment Comparison page's "DPS Difference" formula does not take into account any slot addition on the boots on the "Equipped Items" page (but it would have if I had the socket on the ring instead). I guess there's a difference in how a socket is treated on the boots as opposed to the ring, as in the socket bonus on the "Equipped ITems" page is not associated with the boots when comparing, and is rather added as a flat amount to the overall dps?

I was rather surprised that the spreadsheet had indicated a dps increase for switching to Nat's from Zuni in the first place, and so the loss of dps was not totally unexpected. However I thought this worthy of bringing to your attention, as other users may encounter the same issue (especially if they use Ice Climbers).

Sorry about that. I mostly neglected the gloves and boot sockets before now, because I didn't realize there were legendaries in those slots that had sockets when I first made the spreadsheet. The good news is I fixed that issue, both for boots and gloves.
    My Wizard
    Made a new addition today in the form of a new tab.

Added 'Full Gear Comparison' tab to make it easier to see the stats of a second gear set. This should be easier to use when trying to compare upgrading or swapping multiple items than using the 'Equipped Comparison' tab.
    My Wizard
    Hey guy's,

at first thanks for the great work Loroese!

I have a little problem and i hope someone can help me.

I try the calculator with only two items equipped but i get a wrong dps in the spreedsheat!

Here the screens

h**p://imageshack.us/a/img690/1551/94824735.jpg

h**p://imageshack.us/a/img38/9929/44691169.jpg

h**p://imageshack.us/a/img823/3020/85717387.jpg

h**p://imageshack.us/a/img267/9754/57993224.jpg

It's the same if i use my normal equip.

I hope some of you can say me what i make wrong

PS: Please excuse my bad englisch:)

best regards
    Quote from M3sSi4z

Hey guy's,

at first thanks for the great work Loroese!

I have a little problem and i hope someone can help me.

I try the calculator with only two items equipped but i get a wrong dps in the spreedsheat!

Here the screens

h**p://imageshack.us/a/img690/1551/94824735.jpg

h**p://imageshack.us/a/img38/9929/44691169.jpg

h**p://imageshack.us/a/img823/3020/85717387.jpg

h**p://imageshack.us/a/img267/9754/57993224.jpg

It's the same if i use my normal equip.

I hope some of you can say me what i make wrong

PS: Please excuse my bad englisch:)

best regards

I think it's your amulet. I believe it has some hidden bonus damage on it. How much average damage does it show when you right click and select "Find Similar Items" in the AH? My guess is it says 58, despite it only showing an average of 48 on the item. Do the calculations work with your other items if you don't use the amulet?
    My Wizard
    You are awesome^^

the amu dont show a +min dmg attribute of +20 dmg

i checked the Item ID and watched the stats about the D3 API. Here the "real" stats:

Really big thanks!

{
    "id" : "Amulet12",
    "name" : "Grievous Emblem",
    "icon" : "amulet12_demonhunter_male",
    "displayColor" : "yellow",
    "tooltipParams" : "item/CjwIxcWVmw0SBwgEFavFRGQdOkSumx2sbH_9HdXYxBkdl1RTWCILCAAVqv4BABgcIB4wCTiXAkAAUAxg8QIY1pamxAxQBFgA",
    "requiredLevel" : 60,
    "itemLevel" : 60,
    "bonusAffixes" : 0,
    "typeName" : "Rare Amulet",
    "type" : {
    "id" : "Amulet",
    "twoHanded" : false
    },
    "attributes" : [ "+30–66 Damage", "Critical Hit Damage Increased by 54%", "Critical Hit Chance Increased by 6.0%" ],
    "attributesRaw" : {
    "Crit_Percent_Bonus_Capped" : {
    "min" : 0.06,
    "max" : 0.06
    },
    "Durability_Cur" : {
    "min" : 279.0,
    "max" : 279.0
    },
    "Durability_Max" : {
    "min" : 369.0,
    "max" : 369.0
    },
    "Crit_Damage_Percent" : {
    "min" : 0.54,
    "max" : 0.54
    },
    "Damage_Min#Physical" : {
    "min" : 30.0,
    "max" : 30.0
    },
    "Damage_Bonus_Min#Physical" : {
    "min" : 20.0,
    "max" : 20.0
    },

"Damage_Delta#Physical" : {
    "min" : 36.0,
    "max" : 36.0
    }
    From what I've read I think it's a bug that occurs on items that roll minmax and min affixes. It ends up only displaying the minmax roll (30-66 in your case) and leaves out the extra +min damage (+20 in your case).

I believe the extra bonus damage also can be determined by using the "Search for similar items" on AH feature, since it automatically puts the average damage in the search area, but it uses the actual average damage and not the displayed damage. There's been quite a few people posting about similar issues in the past.
    My Wizard
    Small Update, but probably one that people have been wanting.

Added option for ruby in weapon slot to both Equipped Items and Full Gear Comparison tabs. Just put the average damage value in the appropriate box. For example, use 160 for a Marq ruby.
    Added Calculations to display what your dps would be with a Marq Emerald or Marq Ruby for quick comparison. It is displayed under the follower dps/EHP for both the appropriate tabs
    My Wizard
    Oops, hit reply instead of Edit.

I also added Damage Reduction outputs for the Equipeed Items and Full Gear Comparison tab so you can see precisely how much total DR you have. There's also a box below it showing your fractional damage taken, if you prefer.

In the Full Gear Comparison tab, I have included DR also, and the ratio of damage taken so you can see how much more damage you take for a given gear set up. I like to use that to see how much my damage taken changes by using GC and/or Energy Armor with various runes.
    My Wizard
    Awesome work, Loroese.

Hmm, I think I downloaded the previous version. Is the latest version already online?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes