upgrade tips for CMWW mp10

Greetings all,

The last few weeks i levelled a wiz and i love the CMWW.

However doing mp 9 okish~ , ( it takes me about 45 min to do cematery, wheeping, festering and then misery.) I am looking for upgrades to do mp10 pretty effecttive ( good enough dps with some proper defenses).

Right now I use a socketed chanto wich gives me a total of 2.53 attackspeed.

I also have a IAS chanto to reach 2.73 attackspeed. This lowers my dps a bit tho.

ALso I am not sure which attackspeed to use for mp10. 2.51+ or 2.73+.

I have a budget of 100 mil.

What are my best upgrade options?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Slammer-1698/hero/5685006

Thank you very much for your help and time.

Slammer.
    You won't be able to hit MP10 with only 100M of upgrades. Your all resist is too low, your armor is too low. You need at least 800AR and 4000 armor to deal with MP10. To be honest, your mitigation isn't even MP9 capable. Your DPS is fine for MP9, but there are probably lots of things that 1 shot you right now. You need more life on hit, you only have around 570 loh atm, 800 is pretty much the minimum required. I would switch your depth diggers with some BT pants with allres and armor. You also need allres on your WH, 70+ on the tal's chest with either double vit or armor.

Looking at a d3up of your profile: http://d3up.com/b/1087634

You only have 82.8% mitigation and 200k ehp. That is some of the lowest I have ever seen. To be comfortable in MP9, you should be closer to 87% minimum.

Being honest, reaching MP10 with proper mitigation will cost you 1-2 billion minimum, with most of your gear needing to be replaced. The only thing on your character I would keep for MP10 is the storm crow, since it's decent enough.
    First thing you should really do is get a nice Blackthorne's Pants with 430+ LoH, and some combination of Int/Vit/Armor/Sockets/All Res, depending on budget and availability.

Other than that, craft craft craft. All your craftable slots (except maybe shoulders) have a lot of room to be upgraded.

Also in my experience 2.51 breakpoint is enough for anything except Ubers. I use a mouse macro though so I press faster than regular manual clicking of 3 buttons.

EDIT: Also I see you're missing some life, I'd suggest to get a Chantodo offhand with 150+ Vit and high Avg dmg, or to improve your rings. I'd rather get a good bifecta with some EHP stats than shitty trifecta.
    Kudos for working hard on the Critical Hit Chance aspect, but you probably went a little overboard trying to max out (I mean at the endgame you would but initially you only make it harder to "change or shift") So like your Amulet is at 10 right now, you can ease down just a little, the standard is 8.5% for this slot. I am not saying you have to go down but you may want to go down, and then look into adding a property:

" xx - xx Average Damage " at some point in the future, after you read up on the following things below this line:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a lot of trickyness that comes with AR Tal's Chest, and choice of Chest and Pants go hand-in-hand for especially a CM Wiz.

I personally like ARMORED High Vitality Tal's Chest

170+ int / 184+ vit / 8 or 9% depending on the necessity to meet a certain APS breakpoint / +ARMOR -- total should be 665+ armor, the more you don't have bonus +Armor or +str in your overall gear, the more you want here, however it is also that most of them are priced rather strangely, be aware.

Once you have completed this, if ARMORED Tal's Chest, then it'll be HIGH AR 400+ LoH BT Pants either High VIT or 2-open sockets

Option 1) 400+ LoH / 60+ AR / 188+ vit

Option 2) 400+ LoH / 60+ AR / 2 open sockets for 2 INT Gems

Also, the 2-piece Zuni Set Bonus of 130-int is very hard to match, and pretty easily achieved as a 2.5001 APS breakpoint CM.

The only toughest part would be to obtain above-decent AR on Zuni Boots, those are usually way overpriced.
    Foundation (Start-to-Mid tier) Gearchecker; [US] unless stated
    1) CMWIZ PL91, [EU]PL62 Crit NatsHelm; 2) 0-CD Dogs since MID-FEB 2013 PL44;
    3) "Stunball Barrage" (Tball+F@W) Vengeance DH PL43 (1slot for H.Globe + PUR slot);
    4) Lazy-Dbl-LS Monk PL48
    5) Fundamental Barb (least played)
    Thx for the replies so far.

Defences it is then. I 'll start working on it tonight.
    There's some good advice here, but I'm going to slightly contradict it. Take a look at my profile:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Telquessir-1437/hero/5121825

We seem to be pretty close statistically, but I can see two easy improvements to help you out a bit. First is to swap teleport out for magic weapon:blood magic. It's not much life steal but every bit helps. The second thing is to add some more LOH. WW really cheats the LOH and you'd be shocked at how much difference another 400 loh would make.

I really don't think you need to make any other changes right now. I have been playing MP10 for months with low/no issues. If you're having difficulty, try playing with a group (you should be playing in a 4 player group to maximize farming anyway). Defense is a far overvalued statistic in my opinion. Killing quickly and efficiently is far better than simply "staying alive" so your defenses should only be just good enough to keep you alive.
    Quote from JKlimek

There's some good advice here, but I'm going to slightly contradict it. Take a look at my profile:
    http://us.battle.net...37/hero/5121825

We seem to be pretty close statistically, but I can see two easy improvements to help you out a bit. First is to swap teleport out for magic weapon:blood magic. It's not much life steal but every bit helps. The second thing is to add some more LOH. WW really cheats the LOH and you'd be shocked at how much difference another 400 loh would make.

I really don't think you need to make any other changes right now. I have been playing MP10 for months with low/no issues. If you're having difficulty, try playing with a group (you should be playing in a 4 player group to maximize farming anyway). Defense is a far overvalued statistic in my opinion. Killing quickly and efficiently is far better than simply "staying alive" so your defenses should only be just good enough to keep you alive.

How is it contradicting when you have AR on Chest and Armor on Pants (of course your chest is stacked both ways), it's just the vice-versa of my suggestion. It does mean your "Chest and Pants go hand-in-hand" like I said. And besides, you're playing at 2.73xx APS breakpoint and your DPS is killing much faster, of course, offensiveness at your DPS is better valued than defensiveness.

My own US Wiz is 60% CHC, 48k Life, 471 AR from Gear alone, 2.73xx APS breakpoint just like yours.
    My own EU Wiz is 58% CHC 48k Life, 442 AR from Gear alone. 2.73xx APS breakpoint

Those CHC% has yet to add Scoundrel's 3%, nor Deep Freeze yet :)

Both wiz uses Nat's combo but EU side uses Crit Nat's Helm :) both also has at least 800+ LoH, EU side has 951, and I have tried playing at 1.3k LoH without Storm Crow. I know how much difference it makes beyond the standard range of 800 to 1.1k, and that's why some people uses cheap BT amulet to play "pure-freezing duty" in Ubers.

Your Wiz is great in everything except a tad bit of HP, Of course your resistance is also boosted by per-Paragon-Level, or else you're pretty much at least 1 slot under (I've had the taste of being 1 slot of AR under for a long time until I finally fixed it)

I am not saying your Wiz is bad, I am just saying that 43k+ HP as almost Paragon Level 100 is not up-to-shape. Would be easily closing into 50k HP, considering how awesome (congratz on your craft) your Shoulders is.

Edit
    In terms of skills, you'd be surprised at when Life Steal really benefits. Although I would agree that i don't personally like Teleport, but Mob Density chaining, and to actively keep "Deep Freeze" (if you're the kind of wiz that loves Deep Freeze, I like Cold Snap but i switch it up from time to time), Teleporting is probably useful to also "chain for Massacre Kill Bonus" for even more faster exp, especially in Decaying Crypt (Act 1), or [ Dalgur Oasis + the Channels ] (Act 2),

I've gotten a 449 kills streak in Fields of Misery as my CM Wiz, solo of course and using "the Grand Vizier Enchantress" not the "Freezing Scoundrel", on my US side. Unfortunately, I never ran the Buriza route (got tired of Buriza from D2), my EU side only recently began Buriza because I like that I run different things than my US side, like the Crit Nat's Helm, so and I won a bid on Buriza, so I decided to go with it now on my EU side.
    3) "Stunball Barrage" (Tball+F@W) Vengeance DH PL43 (1slot for H.Globe + PUR slot);
    4) Lazy-Dbl-LS Monk PL48
    as concerns mitigtation goldkirby pretty much said it all. I'd say you need some 88% total damage reduction for MP10, which means 800+ AR and 4k+ armor. ofc other values work but these values are more or less making reasonable use of AR and armor potentials per slot to get to that amount of mitigation. it is also true that you need around 800 loh (more if you're below the AR/armor values) or 500+ (depending on your DPS) with blood magic. you can check your life return with d3cmww.com with several LoH vs LoH + blood magic combinations. I'd say with around 88% damage reduction you're fine on MP10 with 8k+ life return per second vs single target. personally, I also think you need more HP, at least 40k but preferably 50k.

like others here have suggested a BT pants with AR and armor or high vit roll is a first step concerning all of these issues, i.e. AR/armor/LoH/HP. I would also look for AR and armor on your jewelry, and I wouldn't hesitate to drop some crit damage on the rings. I also agree that you can drop some crit chance -- more is always better, but in your case I would easily trade some 2-5% for MP10 survivability. your DPS is fine, so don't be afraid to drop some 10-20k if it pushes you to MP10.

good luck!
    Thx for all the reactions. So far I replaced the chest and pants as suggested above.

Now I am thinking to go for a pair of AR zuni's boots plus a zuni AIS pox. (ring).

Good plan?
    Quote from slammer

Thx for all the reactions. So far I replaced the chest and pants as suggested above.

Now I am thinking to go for a pair of AR zuni's boots plus a zuni AIS pox. (ring).

Good plan?

Whatever you can get that doesn't seem overpriced. More often than most, AR Zuni Boots do become a problem

If possible, 162+ int / 62+ vit / 60+ AR --- however these can be really really overpriced, but at the same time, the stats (the more the merrier) are just so defaulted to be worthwhile for a rather longer time.

Speed Pox is conditionally to suit those that somehow needs the speed still, otherwise, you could go Simple Critical Hit Chance Pox (sometimes you might even get a good Average Damage on it)

52% total Attack Speed Bonus for a 0.25 Chantodo's Will to obtain the right 2.5001 APS breakpoint
    EDIT (just for numbers' sake): 1.65 + (1.65 * 52/100) = 1.65 + 0.858 = 2.508

53% total Attack Speed Bonus for a 0.24 Chantodo's Will to obtain the right 2.5001 APS breakpoint
    EDIT (...): 1.64 + (1.64 * 53/100) = 1.64 + 0.8692 = 2.5092

and so on... each 1% increase as you drop by 0.01
    4) Lazy-Dbl-LS Monk PL48
    zuni pox is pointless without the zuni boots, and the ice climber + rare rings combination is for sure the better option than 2 piece zuni in your EHP situation especially since you probably cannot afford a trifecta pox. you still lack a lot of all resist and some armor. like I said I would get it on the jewelry. some people are sadomasochistic and play MP10 on 500-600 AR and 3500 armor but every elite pack will tear you a new one with these defensive stats. simply put, if you want to play mp10, I would take damage reduction really seriously. also your DPS is really sufficient for MP10 so don't be afraid of those red tooltip numbers en route to higher mitigation (unless they are super high ofc :)).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes