Upgrade Gems or Replace a Item.

new vile ward (more int and fire resist on) & diff right hand ring (more crit)
    Just done Ubers and got a HellFire ring, my question is...can it roll with Attack speed on it, cos am gutted the one i got doesnt :( (nice ring though all the same), but cant equip it due to looseing attkspeed.

Yes, the ring can roll anything a rare ring can, but like rare rings, it's all RNG as to what you get.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    since playing cm/ww i have noticed a mega pain in the ass with it, due to the spamm nature of the build it does smash the hell out of my hand ;p, no rly my hand is killing me today after a heavy farming session. Is there any way to get around this?
    Quote from ghosty47

since playing cm/ww i have noticed a mega pain in the ass with it, due to the spamm nature of the build it does smash the hell out of my hand ;p, no rly my hand is killing me today after a heavy farming session. Is there any way to get around this?

You can risk using macros, but know that they're against the ToS so you can potentially get banned. Lots of people claim to be using them without any action taken so far.

If efficiency isn't a huge priority you can try holding the DS, EB, and WW buttons, then just mash the FN key. I think that will keep DS and EB casting every so often, but I think it adds a bit more of a delay than you would experience from button mashing, though only about half a second more, in my limited experience.

Otherwise, there's not much you can do. That's why I mostly just use it for ubers and run Archon for xp/loot.
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    Its been a while since posting in this, ive changed a few things. Got a semi ok The Witching Hour belt (ill get dosh to get one with more int and vit on, but this will do atm) so i could shift my attk speed onto that and use the hellfire ring i had. Since this patch the best gloves i have managed to craft ar the ones am wearing atm. Anyways the gloves i crafted are idd better than my old ones, in total i have gaind loads of resist and load of damage (which is always nice).
    and oh yea i forgot to say in last post i did, am currently useing andariels visage untill can get a mempo with crit on it too, found the helm currently useing few weeks ago now. (think its the 1st item found when farming i actually could use not sell). hate the + to fire damage on it :(
    Hi,

I'm having difficulties understanding how CM is supposed to be working with only 28% of crit chance.

Probably a question for the more experienced CMWW : is it a tradeoff with IAS ? Like the more IAS you have, the less crit chance is "necessary" for the build to work, and vice versa : the more CC, the less IAS is necessary ? Asking this question cause my CMWW works pretty fine with "only" 2 aps. I'm really far from 2.5, and even further from 2.73 aps but still it works very well. Is it because I have 48% crit that it works despite the low APS ?

Thanks.
    You can get 3 APoC pieces and stack more IAS to compensate for a lack of crit, yes. There's formula to roughly estimate how much you need: http://www.diablofans.com/topic/74597-how-much-apoc-will-i-need-to-sustain-cm/

HOWEVER: take that formula with a grain of salt, and even though CMWW "works" with 28% CC or it could "work" with 2 APS, I really don't see the reason why to go that way. Compare it to EHP, a measure that is also a combination of three things (armor, allres, life) but obviously you want to balance this. You *might* survive with lots of life and armor and 0 allres, but only theoretically. In practice your gear will be gimped to hell. It's about the balance.

I have some CMWW gear sets with low crit that work, I even sometimes ran ubers (MP5-7) with as little as 38% CC or so, 2.51 APS, and 2 APoC pieces. But it wasn't fun and getting a bit more crit helped (40% is desirable, 45%+ is what I always try to have at least, everything beyond that starts getting expensive of course).
    aye the crit side of things is a uphill struggle, mempo with crit on is insane money same as a lacuni with crit on too, the trade off is low int also when getting these, but saying that with them 2 peices with crit will help greatly, but alas i dont have 300 mill gold to spunk of them 2 items.....atm anyway

as it stands atm i find no issues running mp7-8 and even am doing mp10, hardly die in mp10 but ofc takes a little while to kill stuff still. But as i say i always have loads of mana. Ubers am doing mp8 but not since 1.07.

Also when iam in game my crit chance reads 33-36%
    Quote from Nyarlathotep

Hi,

I'm having difficulties understanding how CM is supposed to be working with only 28% of crit chance.

Probably a question for the more experienced CMWW : is it a tradeoff with IAS ? Like the more IAS you have, the less crit chance is "necessary" for the build to work, and vice versa : the more CC, the less IAS is necessary ? Asking this question cause my CMWW works pretty fine with "only" 2 aps. I'm really far from 2.5, and even further from 2.73 aps but still it works very well. Is it because I have 48% crit that it works despite the low APS ?

Thanks.

Just about anyone you ask will say the build doesn't work with 28% crit. Sure you can slap together a gear set and run around as a CMWW with that crit value, but you are so much better off with higher crit that no one really considers it a viable option. Crits fuel AP returns, CM procs, and SA procs. CM procs increase your ability to cast EB, which impacts your dps. It also increases the frequency at which you can refresh DS, which greatly raises your survivability. If you're using the shards rune, it also raises your dps. At standard gear levels SA contributes a lot of DPS to the build. So in short, you're really hurting yourself if trying to run at low CC.

Regarding low APS, yes it also works. I had a 2.0 APS set I played around with for a little bit, with 30 APoC, and it worked fairly well. I could get a pretty high effective dps against Ghom. The problem is the survivability is terrible. I had to run with like 1500 LoH and 1.5% LS from BM just to survive against Ghom on mid MP levels. Higher APS grealy increases your LoH returns, in addition to increasing your CM procs. In short, higher APS vastly improves survivability. It is definitely worth raising your APS to at least 2.5, as it makes survival much easier.

Overall, you don't want to trade IAS for CC or the other way around, at least to a significant degree. You want to stack as much CC as possible while obtaining enough IAS to reach the appropriate APS breakpoint. The build can work to some degree with a deficit in one stat or the other, but it works much better overall when you focus on both stats.
    I remember people telling me, regarding the notion of "breakpoints": "D3 will be a 3D game, breakpoints in D2 were a 2D/sprites thing; there won't be none of that in D3".

Ah.....'experts'.....
    crafted some new gloves, and again replaced the old crafted ones, attk speed 9%, crit 9.5% vit and int, shame on the gf on them but crit is higher now and attk speed is slightly higher also, all good ;D
    Few change's and a little bit of luck too ;D. Got a new chants, slightly lower dam but with a scoket, added a 90% gem (working on next stage gem atm).
    Crafted best Amulet i have so far, beats the other one i had on hands down (19k damage more), just need all to craft one now with Crit on it too.
    think i may have dropd too much LoH, some insanly sketchy moments now since changing out neck...gotta get some more LoH now ;p
    got some ring with LoH on it, less damage (about 4k less), itll do till can get a rly ace one. (on side note RNG sucks plums, no ledgs all day & been in mp10 all day too (public game's), had a fair few drop yesterday)).
    when i got the money i replaced gems first went right up to radient stars once your there you dont ever have to worry about gems agian untill you get one heck of an unreplaceable item or ahve like 40b gold laying around lol
    40 bil laying around, i wish....dont think ill ever see that kinda dosh ;p
    rng smiled on me when i made a pair of shoulders that were better than my viles.
    broken the 200k damage mark :D. got me some lacui's wih crit on, rly needed them too.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes