Feeling Ambitious: Crowdsourcing for Archon Video Guide

Quote from Turtel

I like the detail on the Desolator Wand.

And the Triumvirate!
    More questions if you want them :)

I see you combine skills like:
    Living lightning + Evocation + Pinpoint Barrier + Critical Mass = Less down time for Archon and Arcane Blast.
    Info on other alternative synergies would be good as well - is this the best though?

Is Glass Cannon not a good skill to use in your opinion?

Is it mandatory(or most benificial) to have a Scoundrel with Buriza and use Cold blooded passive

What is a minimun EHP/DPS value YOU think YOU need to play at MP10 - without dying and still killing mobs at a good rate? (I know this is a subjective question)
    - It would always be good for us lesser mortals to have a sort of benchmark or goal of what EHP/DPS combo (using your EHP philosophy -which i am keen to know) we might aim for to play MP10..

Thanks,
    CheehC
    ^ Good questions. I'll do my best to incorporate most of them, if not all.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    One idea for topic Jaetch:

Ruby versus Emerald for Weapon Socket and effects with disintergration wave in Archon?
    May the heroes rise from the pit of despair and the bards sing of the day of death renewed to everlasting
    immortality....awaiting your return to the lands of Sanctuary may peace be with you on this day...your day of birth.

The Crew
    This isn't specific to wizard, but what i'd love to have a list of what rare items are worth looting (mainly worth losing archon time for).

Not in the way some people do it like (ilvl63 1H) but more with a specific item name the same way they appear on the ground, something I could have opened on my side screen and look at while playing until I perfectly remember them.
    I'm sure you'll be talking about this at least in some way, but for archon I personally play around a lot trying to figure out good builds for the different mp levels, and never stick with any mp/build combination because I feel like I can't figure it out so I just go back to "the reasonable MP10 CM WW" :D

so, notwithstanding the EHP/killspeed factor, some guidance on "generally recommendable MP/build combinations" will surely be welcomed. for example: at which MP does it make sense to make the switch from scramble to pinpoint, forked lightning vs living lightning, galvanizing ward, at which MP do you recommend a CM/archon hybrid build etc...
    Some very nice questions in here, am REALLY starting to look forward to this guide :Thumbs Up:
    This is where I would put my signature..
    Quote from Lunity

Some very nice questions in here, am REALLY starting to look forward to this guide :Thumbs Up:

Yeah, the pressure's on. I'm still on the basic gearing section and I'm flying through it. I may have to include subtitles because I'm speaking super fast (and too lazy to go back and re-record parts).

Now I have an idea how Blizzard feels.

The guide will be out when it's ready.

Soon™
    Quote from RaPsKa

One idea for topic Jaetch:

Ruby versus Emerald for Weapon Socket and effects with disintergration wave in Archon?

+1 to this

I also decided to try and mimic your build Jaetch and similair gear choices to get a 1:3 ratio (DPS:EHP)- which was the ratio I saw you have on d3up. I am sitting on like 200k:600k

Spent 250mil on a whole new set of gear. Am able to do MP7 pretty efficently. Can do MP10... but each elite kill takes like 4-6mins..but I do die at times. I think I need my AS to be greater to spam living lightning faster to reduce Archon cooldown.

Also is the extra 12%movement speed from say lacunis not worth giving up other stats for in your opinion?

Jaetch, I'm getting anxiety attacks! Speed it up. ^_^
    "God? What's that?"
    Quote from Tensor

Jaetch, I'm getting anxiety attacks! Speed it up. ^_^

That's no good o.o

But I'm not planning on finishing this until after 1.08 hits. I do want to record some gameplay on a live server, not PTR. I'm still contemplating leveling up yet another wizard so I can include tidbits on paragon leveling. Not sure if that will happen though.
    Not finished before 1.08.

An eternity. =/
    Well, its better to get a full guide that's worth looking than it is to push out something half finished..
    Take your time and I'm sure it will be worth the wait :)

Just don't take to much time c",)
    This is where I would put my signature..
    Well you better finish it before the the Archon nerf! >
    Quote from overneathe

Well you better finish it before the the Archon nerf! >

These aren't the droids you're looking for.
    Why do you have Cold Blooded? Freeze then pop Archon? Did I just miss something critical and awesome? :o
    Quote from Xov

Why do you have Cold Blooded? Freeze then pop Archon? Did I just miss something critical and awesome? :o

Scoundrel follower uses a cold damage Buriza, skips his 1st skill choice and therefore uses Multishot all the time, therefore freezing enemies on a regular basis, therefore triggering Cold Blooded on a regular basis. Or so I assume. Is it worth it? I have no idea, but if Jaetch is using it, I assume it is.
    heres my question is blood magic scaled properly?

do mp3 die to reflect cause of no blood magic (still have 2.9% LS on weapon)

do mp8 stand in dececrater pluaged and reflect....stay at full HP(useing blood magic)

also play male wizard for archon female looks bald and weird xD
    Quote from maka

Quote from Xov

Scoundrel follower uses a cold damage Buriza, skips his 1st skill choice and therefore uses Multishot all the time, therefore freezing enemies on a regular basis, therefore triggering Cold Blooded on a regular basis. Or so I assume. Is it worth it? I have no idea, but if Jaetch is using it, I assume it is.

Yes it's worth it! :)

Quote from Obbie

heres my question is blood magic scaled properly?

do mp3 die to reflect cause of no blood magic (still have 2.9% LS on weapon)

do mp8 stand in dececrater pluaged and reflect....stay at full HP(useing blood magic)

also play male wizard for archon female looks bald and weird xD

Well it all depends on how much damage and mitigation you do. I can stand in plagued + desecrator and shoot at reflect mobs using just the life steal on my sword. To be able to rely solely on blood magic you need pretty good sttats.

Im sure Jaetch can answer these questions better than me.

Quote from maka

Quote from Xov

What.....what have I been doing.....! :D Time to try this immediately.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes