Feeling Ambitious: Crowdsourcing for Archon Video Guide

Anyone want to sign up for a "closed beta" for this video guide?

I mean, I can quality check everything on my own, but it'll certainly be very helpful for me to get some opinions before I publicly release it.

(I'll need e-mail addresses so I can privately share the video on YouTube or DropBox it)

And no, it's not ready yet :D

...Vast majority is done, just have a few more short parts to cover before wrapping it up. Hard stuff's done already... I think.

Quote from Lunity

I also think it was mentioned that this is not a guide only for newbies, so it will most likely not be gear dependant..
    Not only at least, and it will for sure give us some very nice info :)

Catered more to new people, but certainly threw some stuff in there that experienced players can pick up on as well.

I did my best to focus the gearing portion on concept rather than hard, concrete numbers to reach.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Beta? Always interested. Pre-view one of the most anticipated movies ever? HELL YES!

Edit: Ha, I guess I should drop you my email then... you'll get a PM right away.
    Keeping track of your stuff on the forums, respect for the work, maybe want see something other than the 101 archon. i put CD,CC and int with raw dmg for higher priority over ias, doing mp7-mp9 archon solo, you can check my battle.net account, a shame im on eu and cannot show it directly :(

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Orion-1939/hero/10868436

280k dps unbuffed
    400 dps buffed

but thats only paper dps (1.57aps) every archon strike is 1mil+ crit up to 2mil

good luck with the trailer, looks really neat for now
    Quote from mac_orion

Keeping track of your stuff on the forums, respect for the work, maybe want see something other than the 101 archon. i put CD,CC and int with raw dmg for higher priority over ias, doing mp7-mp9 archon solo, you can check my battle.net account, a shame im on eu and cannot show it directly :(

http://eu.battle.net...9/hero/10868436

280k dps unbuffed
    400 dps buffed

but thats only paper dps (1.57aps) every archon strike is 1mil+ crit up to 2mil

good luck with the trailer, looks really neat for now

Thanks.

The thing is, in your situation and many others just like you, is that you do know how to gear, or else you wouldn't have gotten to where you are now.

Once you know what stats to look for, as in which stats increase your DPS and which stats increase your EHP and survivability, the only thing you can do after that is by min/maxing the stats.

For instance, perhaps get a Zuni Trail with more intelligence? Or get rings with higher crit damage here and there, replace a ring with Zuni Pox if you want higher EHP (you get the 55 AR set bonus with three pieces). Or maybe swap a ring for Zuni Pox and replace your Zuni Marrow with Tal Rasha's chest? You have the options to juggle.
    thanx thanx,i help friends where i can with the archon build, once your video is up ill gona recommend it to them.
    Once a week I come to this thread and ask: "Is it ready yet ? Is it ready yet ?"...

Today I come to you with new words: Have you finished it yet ? Have you finished it yet ? :D
    Would love to "beta test" the video, but am reluctant to give out my email. Regardless, looking forward to it immensely
    Dropping an update: about 75-80% done. Already going back to QC a few things. I think the hard parts are over with, so what's left should be relatively smooth-sailing, as long as I can devote enough time to crank things out.

I've gotten a small handful of volunteers to help review the video once it's in "beta" :P so I'll give a heads up at some point in the coming couple of weeks (hopefully). My recent trip to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon ate up a ton of time...
    Nice. Can't wait to see what one of the best US Wizards has to share with us :D Let me know if you want me to "beta preview" it too.
    Quote from Zero(pS)

Nice. Can't wait to see what one of the best US Wizards has to share with us :D Let me know if you want me to "beta preview" it too.

Certainly!
    Woot.

10 characters.
    C'mon Jaetch! I'm forced to SleetStorm until you complete The Guide(tm)!
    Quote from Bribous

C'mon Jaetch! I'm forced to SleetStorm until you complete The Guide™!

Hey, Sleet Storm is legit. It's also very cool looking.

And the video of an unoptimized Sleet Storm build that goes with it for those who haven't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHAC5QOchys&feature=share&list=UUh-V2chBUxzxLq78yOONQWw
    Yeah, but it looks cooler on female wizzies.
    sleet storm is one of the best way to blow them skirts up

oh hey jae :D
    sleet storm is like " Come at me BRO"
    Just for comparison:

Although, when we use the force, we look good:
    i do like the male wiz's single hand firing, that is col.

firing electricute skill using one hand? cool

firing disintegrate skill using one hand? super cool :D
    i remember seeing sleet storm build vids, but i guess i missed that one. jeebus
    heavymetal#1322
    http://us.battle.net...22/hero/3153312 (wiz)
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/heavymetal-1322/hero/8654665 (monk)
    my twitch feed (just messing around, no super player or anything)
    http://www.justin.tv/heavymetalmak
    Since we are ending July Soon(tm), I'm maintaining the tradition by asking: Is it ready yet ? is it ready yet ? :) :P
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes