Feeling Ambitious: Crowdsourcing for Archon Video Guide

UPDATE:

Video will most likely finish encoding tonight (7/29, ~10 p.m. or later EST) with the YouTube video up after midnight at best, or tomorrow morning.

Perfect time to watch during U.S. maintenance times :P

Stay tuned...

7/29 - 1:28 p.m. EST - Encoding version 1

7/29 - 5:08 p.m. EST - Discovered stupid errors; requires re-encoding

7/29 - 9:12 p.m. EST - Encoding version 2

7/30, 1:04 a.m. EST - Delayed; version 2 encode froze on me

7/30, 1:07 a.m. EST - Re-encoding version 2 on a different PC

7/30, 4:42 a.m. EST - Encoding finished

7/30, 7:25 a.m. EST - Uploading video to YouTube

7/30, 1:30 p.m. EST - Still processing on YouTube

7/30, 3:47 p.m. EST - STILL processing on YouTube...

7/30, ~5:20 p.m. EST - BOOM! http://www.diablofans.com/topic/99968-video-the-archon-guide/

I'll admit I'm feeling a little ambitious here.

All these "Help me make an Archon," "How does my new Archon look" and "What should I do to play as an Archon" threads have prompted me to start on a video guide to all things Archon.

Here's the intro I just put together in 720p and 1080p goodness as a preview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6h8VZCuHbw

And a trailer that I made to show I'm not slacking:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHhNyL8lm6s

I seek ideas and/or volunteers to help me out. You can drop ideas or things you want to see in the video, e.g. topics to cover, gameplay clips, gearing ideas, etc. right here in this thread, via PM in-game if you happen to be on my friends list, or by e-mail (which will require you to be on my friends list first; I do not want spam).
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    " I don't always watch video guides, but when I do, I watch Jaetch's"
    Haha, thanks for the support.

All I'm going to say now is, I'm not going to do "budget guides" at all. They're not reliable; prices constantly change. I would rather point players in the right direction in terms of what stats or stat combinations to look for. They can judge the prices themselves when they visit the AH.
    That movie looks good!
    I'm new to the wizard class, but allready learned a lot about archon the last few weeks.
    Still struggling to reach more DPS and make my EHP better, so tips about that are welcome!
    Waiting eagerly to find out more of your opinions Jaetch, you are to Diablo 3 that Groo was to Diablo 2!
    **Farming is my life**
    Thanks. It's already in progress, though it took me about four hours just to complete 3 minutes of content :P
    How can I contribute ? :)
    High DPS vs High EHP.

What is the reason that you choose to go the High EHP route rather than a High DPS route eg 700k DPS?
    Or even just choosing to socket your items with Vit when your EHP is already high?

Is your choice in High EHP related to being minimal on the life steal stat (only blood magic)?

Quote from CheehC

Is your choice in High EHP related to being minimal on the life steal stat (only blood magic)?

I have the same question. I'd like to think it is for the measly 1.5LS but let's wait for him to answer that.

His answers will help a lot since I've got a 230avdmg 8.5cc 150+int/50vit trium sitting in my stash and i want to buy a black weapon (1080+dps sword with LS+OS+CD... they turn out to be out of my price range :( )
    "God? What's that?"
    Quote from CheehC

High DPS vs High EHP.

What is the reason that you choose to go the High EHP route rather than a High DPS route eg 700k DPS?
    Or even just choosing to socket your items with Vit when your EHP is already high?

I'll answer those for sure. I'll make note of these questions. I've only gotten through 4 minutes of the guide, but I've already spent a collective 7-8 hours on the project...

:dead:
    first of all trolling with legendary items in your sig /thumbs up secondly nice work on the intro i am sure the guide itself will be epic.
    Nice, can't wait. I got an archon wiz myself :)
    Dat VFX when it says Archon Guide instead of Diablo III haha :)

I want you to go abit more indepth of the each runes, I always find it confusing which runes.
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    1 thing is for sure, once this video will be released its going to be one of the most watched video guides in here..

I've seen quite a few of Archon's videos, but this is one I will look forward to for sure..
    There is 1 question I have been looking for the answer for, and I hope it will be in here for sure :)

When farming for Paragon (Yea not all have 100 already), what is the most effective, go high MP with a few deaths or burn through lower MP with no deaths..

Some do MP1 some go MP10, but when you dont have playtime / econ to go MP10, what do you do then ?

Thanks in advance for the guide, I'm sure it will be worth all the hours you put in to it c",)
    This is where I would put my signature..
    Quote from Lunity

1 thing is for sure, once this video will be released its going to be one of the most watched video guides in here..

I've seen quite a few of Archon's videos, but this is one I will look forward to for sure..
    There is 1 question I have been looking for the answer for, and I hope it will be in here for sure :)

When farming for Paragon (Yea not all have 100 already), what is the most effective, go high MP with a few deaths or burn through lower MP with no deaths..

Some do MP1 some go MP10, but when you dont have playtime / econ to go MP10, what do you do then ?

Thanks in advance for the guide, I'm sure it will be worth all the hours you put in to it c",)

farming experience on mp 2 act 3 craters and keep depths works very well.
    Paragon leveling will be harder for me to test out, personally. But I guess I can power level another wizard on my account and test things out once 1.08 hits.
    I guess the advantage of going higher in MP is that you not only get more EXP, but you also get a higher chance of some decent drops..
    So i guess the question is more if you want to try out for both or just go straight for the 100PL..

That's something I'd like to know also, but I'm sure you will have some of that in the guide already, so I will for sure look out for this..
    I'm on EU server and not playing as much as many others, but if you need any help or if there is anything else I can do just let me know :)
    This is where I would put my signature..
    Is it ready now ? Is it ready now ? C'mon Jaetch, don't make us beg. :)
    Quote from Bribous

Is it ready now ? Is it ready now ? C'mon Jaetch, don't make us beg. :)

I'm about 6 minutes of video in...

At one point I got too lazy to speak and explain things, so I invited my lovely assistant to explain for me:

I like the detail on the Desolator Wand.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes