Effectiveness of Sever (aka Damage to Demons affix)

Quote from Bribous

^^ RasAlgethi24, a barb friend of mine urged me to ask you: Do you have any problem proc'ing Stun with Hammer of the Ancients (Thunderstrike), while using the Sever ?

He switched to Sever a few days ago so we could do some DH-Barb runs and test the mega-crit-die-all farm build, and we both noticed that "stun is no more". :)

Would you be kind to confirm this to me as well ? I do not roll a Barb. If two players can confirm this, than I'll ask my friend to open a bug report to Blizzard.

I've never tried Server, although I just bought one for cheap so I may test it out.
    Quote from RasAlgethi24

I've never tried Server, although I just bought one for cheap so I may test it out.

I got a 1060 dps/25%/OS Sever today (and a 15% Tyrael's as well, quite lucky). Holy crap, this is so much fun on MP10.
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from RasAlgethi24

I got a 1060 dps/25%/OS Sever today (and a 15% Tyrael's as well, quite lucky). Holy crap, this is so much fun on MP10.

I was playing around with a damage calc and if I replace my axe with a 1100dps, 25% demons, OS, sever i'd actually do a bit more true damage. Albeit, only against demons and I'd lose the LS.
    Quote from Bribous

Quote from Turtel

...the reason it doesn't work is because its actually Sever (...), that kills the mob, not HotA.

@Turtel, this makes sense (the mechanics), but should it be this way ? What do you think, should we open a bug with Blizzard ?

Well to be honest, it is working as intended + i don't really mind that Thunderstrike doesn't work with 1 or 2 weapons, but objectively, maybe it should.

You can try to open a thread about it on battle.net forums and see where it goes, if it bothers you :)
    Quote from Turtel

You can try to open a thread about it on battle.net forums and see where it goes, if it bothers you :)

Doesn't bother me, as I don't main a Barb (in fact, I just rolled my first Barb this weekend), but I'll try the feedback on the official forums about this.

My friend who runs a Barb is upset about this.

I've done some runs with the Sever on MP8, both with my monk and wiz, and although the Damage to most mobs is bigger, the survivability against Ghom (my main survivability benchmark nowadays) is pitiful.

EDIT: Done: topic created on Barbarians's forums -> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9309441344#1
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes