CM Wizard: Autohotkey saved my life

Quote from Graogg

Quote from Palodin

Can someone explain exactly how i get this worked? do i need a specific program? would be nice if someone can explain it step by step.

And sorry for my dumbness :/

Read through the links on the first post, it goes into a little more detail. Basically:
    1. Download Autohotkey,
    2. load this script with AHK,
    3. ????
    4. Profit from not needing physical therapy from your newly developed carpel tunnel.

And when done, go do #4 again..
    Using this is just silly if you ask me, and Bliz should consider ban for all who is using it, same with the multi character program, its stupid to allow such thing..
    This is where I would put my signature..
    more like it is stupid blizzard would ban people for trying not to get carpel tunnel that shit hurts apparently
    how do i get this macro to work with stand still
    i hold shift + d but i keep moving in the direction the cursor is at
    If anyone would like a non-AHK method of doing this...try the following (sorry if this is widely known I just found out)

1) Set Explosive Blast on either "1" or "2"
    2) Set Diamond Skin on either "1" or "2"
    3) Set Frost Nova on 3

You can now hold down "1" and "2" and just spam 3 (one button spam). For whatever reason, if you put frost nova on either 1 or 2, there is an increased delay in EB or DS going off. Thus Frost Nova has to be on button 3, and you avoid any ToS concerns.

If you really don't want to spam anything, bind Frost Nova instead to your mouse wheel (assuming you have a mouse wheel that can free scroll) and just scroll the wheel while holding down 1 and 2.
    Quote from Jaetch

If you absolutely must run a macro—there is no safe way—I recommend using the Steelseries mouse that's officially "sponsored" by Blizzard. That mouse comes with a macro system that you can customize and works very well. Hold down one button to trigger multiple key presses.

I know several SNS wizards that use the mouse and the macro.

The mouse software no longer supports macros. It was removed due to unspecified problems. My personal pet theory blizzard asked them too.
    I'm using a very, very basic AHK script (it's at home, I can provide it if someone's interested), which just cycles through different keys each time you press the macro key.

So basically, the first time I press it, it sends "1" (let's say FN), the next time it sends "3" (DS), the next time "4" (EB) then back to "1".

One key press, one hardware event, so it *should* fit within the TOS (as always, no guarantee as long as Blizzard doesn't explicitly states it's allowed).
    Quote from ktankbye

how do i get this macro to work with stand still
    i hold shift + d but i keep moving in the direction the cursor is at

Changed original script slightly-- basicly it spams shift + left click, instead of original script which held it down. (Couldn't figure out how to get it to work with shift + click down)

SC056 is the scancode value for the button left of Z on my keyboard (<,>, |). I only use that button and the mouse.

Since I don't use a letter key and click down there was some code I could remove.

#Ifwinactive, Diablo

$SC056::
    While GetKeyState("SC056","p"){
    Send {F1} ; frost nova
    Sleep 10
    Send +{Click, left} ; energy twister (shift left click)
    Sleep 10
    Send {F2} ; diamond skin
    Sleep 50
    Send {F3} ; explosive blast
    sleep 50
    }
    return

#Ifwinactive ;end
    instead of scripting why not play osu! (http://osu.ppy.sh) and take diablo cmww as a stamina traning for that game :D
    I can't thank you enough TC u just made CM wizard fun!

I was getting so bored of my archon wiz, and when I seen this I was like Ima try this to see if it makes a difference(I hated spamming those buttons first time I tried cm so went back to archon) and I most say it brought some life back into my wizard again for me.

Now to start looking for some upgrades to better suit my cm wizard...
    Literally thousands of players are in actual danger of developing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome because of a computer game.

I can't think of any other game where if one wants to play in the most effective way possible, one is required to perform such extreme clicking/keyboard spam. Top notch Starcraft players come to mind, but that's just different. I don't think any folks over at Blizz planned for this.. after all, theoretically there are like gazillions of builds, but it is what it is.

This is something Blizz need to take responsibility for, one way or another. Nerfing the CM spec perhaps, but players wouldn't like that. Best thing to do is to bring real build diversity to the table, so that players have more choice. Yes, there are other good builds but there are good reasons why so many players use the CMWW build.

If they're unable/unwilling to fix the build diversity, the only decent thing to do is to explicitly allow AHK or other solutions. And I can't believe I'm really writing a serious post about this. This whole situation is just wrong, please fix.
    Quote from Graogg

Cm wizards rejoice! This script is a tweaked and improved version of a CM rotation
    This version improves on the old one in a variety of ways. First, the old one actually spam clicked the mouse, whereas I wanted a mouse button held down effect.

I can't get your macro to work properly. It may be an ID10T issue on my part, but I want the script to do something like this:

Hold down "D" to:

-attack in place with Left mouse click
    -use 1,2,3 skills (frost nova, EB, and DS)
    -repeat

using:

#InstallMouseHook
    #Ifwinactive, Diablo
    $d::
    Send d
    KeyWait d, T0.1 ; Wait 1/10 second for user to release "d" key
    If ErrorLevel{ ; Still held down
    Click down
    While GetKeyState("d","p"){ ; While it's held down
    Send 1
    Sleep 10
    Send 2
    Sleep 50
    Send 3
    sleep 50
    }
    if !GetKeyState("LButton", "P")
    Click up
    ;else its down so leave it down
    }
    return

#Ifwinactive ;end
    People playing CMWW with an auto 123 / click mouse macro, perhaps have some problems with gathering alot of white/blue/crappy items up on their inventory.

Basically, there's a function which is called stand still.
    If you hold pressed stand still you can't pickup loot with left click. It will attack, rather then pickup loot.

And now the interesting stuff.
    You can use the 'move' keybind WHILE having 'stand still' pressed.

I have incorporated this into a autohotkey macro. If you want to make use of this macro, make sure you alter the macro to your own keybinds.

Note, i have the following keybinds

Rctrl = stand still (the default is shift, i'm mousing left handed)

1 = DS
    2 = FN
    3 = EB
    LMB = ET
    RMB = TP
    middlemouse = move

In this case, while you press right ctrl it will keep pressed the stand still button, while it will spam click for whirlies, and 1, 2, 3.
    You can use your move keybind, to move the character while it still spams the macro. Also, if you hover with your cursor on a blue item, it won't pickup the item, but instead keep spamming whirlies.

The reason for more 2's in the macro, is that sometimes frostnova isn't cast while moving with move,
    and/or the the attackanimation of click is still busy, thus skipping frostnova

Make sure that your macro button, is also keybinded to the stand still function in diablo 3!!. Change 'Rctrl' to any button of your liking

The $~ part makes sure the original keybind works as well as the macro at the same time. If you don't corporate that in, your char will move due to the clicking in the macro, because standstill isn't pressed (the ctrl button is remapped)

#IfWinActive, ahk_class D3 Main Window Class
    $~Rctrl::
    Loop
    {

if not GetKeyState("Rctrl", "P")
    break
    send 2222
    RandSleep(20,40)

break
    send 1
    send 2
    click
    RandSleep(20,40)

break
    send 3
    send 2
    click
    RandSleep(20,40)

return
    }
    RandSleep(x,y) {
    Random, rand, %x%, %y%
    Sleep %rand%
    }

Happy Hunting!
    when i try use script posted in first post i get this error:
    Unable to parse line.:
    $d^ ERROR
    >Exit code: 1 Time: 0.396
    anyone know solution?
    Quote from solipsist2

People playing CMWW with an auto 123 / click mouse macro, perhaps have some problems with gathering alot of white/blue/crappy items up on their inventory.

Basically, there's a function which is called stand still.
    If you hold pressed stand still you can't pickup loot with left click. It will attack, rather then pickup loot.

And now the interesting stuff.
    You can use the 'move' keybind WHILE having 'stand still' pressed.

I have incorporated this into a autohotkey macro. If you want to make use of this macro, make sure you alter the macro to your own keybinds.

Note, i have the following keybinds

Rctrl = stand still (the default is shift, i'm mousing left handed)

1 = DS
    2 = FN
    3 = EB
    LMB = ET
    RMB = TP
    middlemouse = move

In this case, while you press right ctrl it will keep pressed the stand still button, while it will spam click for whirlies, and 1, 2, 3.
    You can use your move keybind, to move the character while it still spams the macro. Also, if you hover with your cursor on a blue item, it won't pickup the item, but instead keep spamming whirlies.

The reason for more 2's in the macro, is that sometimes frostnova isn't cast while moving with move,
    and/or the the attackanimation of click is still busy, thus skipping frostnova

Make sure that your macro button, is also keybinded to the stand still function in diablo 3!!. Change 'Rctrl' to any button of your liking

The $~ part makes sure the original keybind works as well as the macro at the same time. If you don't corporate that in, your char will move due to the clicking in the macro, because standstill isn't pressed (the ctrl button is remapped)

#IfWinActive, ahk_class D3 Main Window Class
    $~Rctrl::
    Loop
    {

break
    send 2222
    RandSleep(20,40)

break
    send 1
    send 2
    click
    RandSleep(20,40)

break
    send 3
    send 2
    click
    RandSleep(20,40)

return
    }
    RandSleep(x,y) {
    Random, rand, %x%, %y%
    Sleep %rand%
    }

Happy Hunting!

Dear Solipsist2, many, many thanks for your brilliant script.

I made a slighly modified version, but essentially it is the same as yours (assigned to a different key and little else). No need to post it here anymore, so I removed my script version from this post.
    Tried out the script in OPs post and it works perfectly, I've only got one question - can I somehow change it to from "d" to using spacebar?

or any other key really, where could I find out how to do that?
    Quote from Whoopied

Tried out the script in OPs post and it works perfectly, I've only got one question - can I somehow change it to from "d" to using spacebar?

or any other key really, where could I find out how to do that?

in the script where it has d, just replace it with the button of your choice. like i replaced the "d" with w as it is closer o where my fingers usually sit.
    can u help fix my prob?
    im geting this when try to run script
    unable to parse line.:
    $d^ ERROR
    My girlfriend is playing CM, and she's complaining that her right hand hurts. I was thinking of telling her to use AHK, but I'm still unsure if it really is "illegal". I know it's against the ToS, but that doesn't mean anything if it's not enforced. Many things are "illegal" in my country, but noone is going to court for doing them, mostly because the law should be interpreted by its intent, not its wording. AHK may be technically automatation, but it's not botting, or even doing many things without actually being there (automating them). It's just a shortcut to switch one button with 4.

I was thinking of writing a script that while a button is pressed, it cycles between 4 buttons. Isn't that 1 button for 1 action? They don't happen simultaneously, or even in consecution (with artificial time delay - even random). When you keep a button pressed in D3, it's -for some skills- like pressing it again and again, so it's one "action" with multiple results.

What do you think? I don't want her to lose her account...
    Just tell her that she is eventually risking to lose her account and let her decide herself o_0

Anyways, Blizzard recently stated again (regading the Dark D3 graphics mod), that any mod/3rd party program interfering with the game in any way warrants a potential ban. Still no official statement on macros or hotkey scripts like this, but I am pretty sure they could ban you for it, as it is technically covered in the ToS. As already mentioned, if they really enforce it is up to them, the risk will always be there (unless they make a statement making macros free to use, which I seriously doubt will happen).
    They have stated that they "look for a different kind of automation." (Aka bot scripts) But they make it clear they reserve the right to ban you for using 3rd party software.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes