Chantoo vs Triumvarte

Today I dropped a Triumvarte which my game same is more dps than my Chantoos, even though it has:

-Less Int
    -Less Avarage Dmg
    -Less Crit
    -No attack speed.

http://postimg.org/image/f4inddcn5/

Am I missing something?
    The elemental damage adds a lot of dps, especially if you have a black weapon.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    + 16 % elemental dmg , its way better than any of this things u listed above (when u have high dps and dont care about AS like WW builds )
    To clarify what the others are saying, the "Adds 5% to Fire Damage" should be read as "Adds 5% to your non-elemental damage as Fire". So, if you have a weapon that only has "+200 Minimum Damage / +200 Maximum Damage", as opposed to "+200-400 Fire Damage", you get a better boost from items that say "Adds x% to (element) Damage". It's very poorly worded, and Blizzard has been saying they'll reword it for a while, but still haven't.
    Quote from notawizzard

To clarify what the others are saying, the "Adds 5% to Fire Damage" should be read as "Adds 5% to your non-elemental damage as Fire". So, if you have a weapon that only has "+200 Minimum Damage / +200 Maximum Damage", as opposed to "+200-400 Fire Damage", you get a better boost from items that say "Adds x% to (element) Damage". It's very poorly worded, and Blizzard has been saying they'll reword it for a while, but still haven't.

It's not that it's poorly worded so much as they never intended it to work that way. They actually meant for it to add 5% to your fire damage but instead it adds to just physical damage. They'll likely fix it when the itemization changes come out, but it won't be retroactive so current items won't be changed.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    Just another explanation of black weapon/elemental damage.

Despite the Triumvirate giving you lots of DPS, I just wanna mention that this is a damn nice Chantodo. Sure, 1% IAS missing, but otherwise it's almost perfect - almost max crit, max APoC, and very high average damage. Paired with a decent Chantodo's Will this thing will kick ass if you're CMWW. (Note that in the small tooltip DPS comparison setbonuses are not included.)
    Thanks for the explanation. I indeed dropped a black wand yesterday with high DPS/crit dmg/socket that I replaced my Chantoos Will with.

And thanks for the compliment on the OH, both the wand and OH were self drop a few hours from each other. Here is the wand:

http://postimg.org/image/6ytcg90cn/
    ^^Wow, +attacks per second AND +% attack speed.
    Well, the double IAS roll is not uncommon and actually the 6% IAS is a small (but really just a very small) letdown, as 1.73 APS is still a bit away from the potential max 1.79 on a Chantodo's and means you need one more piece of IAS gear.

What really amazes me about the weapon though is the high DPS. It's close to maximum DPS you can get on an IAS Chantodo. 48% increased damage... just wow. (50% and 10% IAS result in ~1300 DPS.)
    Both Chantodos are just sitting in my bag cause I don't like CM/WW playstyle :D
    Quote from Velho

both the wand and OH were self drop a few hours from each other. Here is the wand:

http://postimg.org/image/6ytcg90cn/

:o How many baby goats did you have to sacrifice?
    Quote from Bagstone

What really amazes me about the weapon though is the high DPS. It's close to maximum DPS you can get on an IAS Chantodo. 48% increased damage... just wow. (50% and 10% IAS result in ~1300 DPS.)

It's average fire damage has a really incredible roll, near max on both min and max, despite the low roll on IAS, it's still a very pretty weapon. It would of been a really nice jackpot if it got that extra 3-4%
    Thats two incredible finds.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes