archon upgrade 400k dmg

Quote from FEIF81

Quote from Phoenixscar

Quote from FEIF81

so look at my profile and see what u can improve to get your 400k dps

Full buff 400k dps + 25% archon so around 500k dps :D

http://eu.battle.net...2/hero/26628460

ill get even more with my para LVL 100

Your a former CM wizard aren't ya. Normally it is recommended that you craft your bracers and wear Inna's, however, you have nice bracers with all res so I may hold off on that. I actually ran with a MF lacunis and rare high int/vit/armor/all res pants until paragon 94 and still broke 400K easily.

Triumvirate would help, there is a reason why most archon wizards don't run with Chantodo's. You need LS as LOH does not help much in archon mode. Helm, shoulders, gloves and amulet are fine for now.

Your chest should have all int gems, you don't need the HP as much (especially if you get a LS weapon). Your chest could have higher base int as well.

Get a good zuni pox for the damage as well as the sweet 130+ int. Your current rare ring doesn't help you as much.

i play both styles CM wiz and archon thats why i need LoH on pants and ring. Im doing 500k dps so im fine at it is :D but ty for advices u gave me...

I could be wrong but I believe we don't talk about dps when in archon mode, just char sheet dps of which yours is less than 400K. As long as you are having fun that is all that matters really. But look at all true 400K+ DPS archon wizards and you will see some basic patterns as far as items go. LOH really does not help archon.
    What do you guys think is a good benchmark for dps on weapons? Like how much damage should you sacrifice for the stats you need? (LS, CD, etc.)
    Quote from FEIF81

i play both styles CM wiz and archon thats why i need LoH on pants and ring. Im doing 500k dps so im fine at it is :D but ty for advices u gave me...

Sorry but when we say 400k or 500k dps, we mean buffed char sheet dps, not dps multiplied by improved Archon. Using improved is more or less implied at high MP. Your profile shows 366k dps. You need to raise your dps by almost 40% to reach 500k. I claim to reach 500k against elites because I swap to a SoJ. With the SoJ I'm at just under 400k buffed, and gain 30% damage to elites, which puts me over 500k (about 513k buffed now to be more precise). With improved Archon that's just under 2 mil effective dps since Archon beam is 3.75x char sheet. If my follower doesn't die that is raised by a bit more thanks to cold blooded passive.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    *Edit in response to Aender*

That depends on what you are comfortable with. I personally, like 2.7 LS on weapon minimal, and then the highest possible dps regardless of CD/INT etc. Remember archon goes off your char sheet dps, so CD is not as important as having the highest possible dmg (with OS).

There are some archon wizards who just care about dps on their weapon and use MW-BM only. Most archon wizards though like having LS as it makes tanking elites at higher MP levels easier, and you refill your HP bar almost instantly.
    Quote from Loroese

Quote from FEIF81

Sorry but when we say 400k or 500k dps, we mean buffed char sheet dps, not dps multiplied by improved Archon. Using improved is more or less implied at high MP. Your profile shows 366k dps. You need to raise your dps by almost 40% to reach 500k. I claim to reach 500k against elites because I swap to a SoJ. With the SoJ I'm at just under 400k buffed, and gain 30% damage to elites, which puts me over 500k (about 513k buffed now to be more precise). With improved Archon that's just under 2 mil effective dps since Archon beam is 3.75x char sheet. If my follower doesn't die that is raised by a bit more thanks to cold blooded passive.

What he said :)
    Quote from Phoenixscar

*Edit in response to Aender*

That depends on what you are comfortable with. I personally, like 2.7 LS on weapon minimal, and then the highest possible dps regardless of CD/INT etc. Remember archon goes off your char sheet dps, so CD is not as important as having the highest possible dmg (with OS).

There are some archon wizards who just care about dps on their weapon and use MW-BM only. Most archon wizards though like having LS as it makes tanking elites at higher MP levels easier, and you refill your HP bar almost instantly.

I disagree about the CD not being as important as higher dps weapon. The 62% CD on my weapon is worth about 150 weapon DPS. Archon beam hits often enough that having really highly stacked CD should still result in consistent damage so in the end all that matters is a higher char sheet dps, which you mentioned. With a decent budget that usually means OS+CD (and preferably LS, but that's a personal preference to a degree) can out dps higher dps weapons without CD, but with lower budgets you might be able to find a higher dps weapon without CD that can out perform a lower dps weapon with CD.

In short, I say look at both OS and OS+CD weapons and just get whichever gives higher char sheet dps. Ignore Int for now since it tends to be overpriced for the amount of dps you gain compared to CD.
    My Wizard
    Quote from Loroese

I disagree about the CD not being as important as higher dps weapon. The 62% CD on my weapon is worth about 150 weapon DPS. Archon beam hits often enough that having really highly stacked CD should still result in consistent damage so in the end all that matters is a higher char sheet dps, which you mentioned. With a decent budget that usually means OS+CD (and preferably LS, but that's a personal preference to a degree) can out dps higher dps weapons without CD, but with lower budgets you might be able to find a higher dps weapon without CD that can out perform a lower dps weapon with CD.

In short, I say look at both OS and OS+CD weapons and just get whichever gives higher char sheet dps. Ignore Int for now since it tends to be overpriced for the amount of dps you gain compared to CD.

I should have explained myself better, what matters is the overall dps of the weapon including CD. What I was trying to say is that the CD of the weapon alone does not make the weapon, what you want is the most improved damage out of the weapon with LS, that may or may not involve CD. In other words if I have a weapon that improves my damage by 100 with no CD and another weapon that improves my damage by 95 with CD, one should go for the one with 100. (Assuming both have OS).

In other words, I think we are saying the same thing, I was unclear in my previous post.
    No problem, makes complete sense. The statement just struck me as odd, so it sounds like we do mean the same thing. :)
    My Wizard
    Quote from Loroese

Quote from FEIF81

few week ago
    Today

http://imgur.com/82B8BJv

Ok, that's not the wizard you linked before. We're not saying your gear isn't good or anything negative, just that we're talking about what shows up on the char sheet dps. The wiz you linked before is sitting at 366k dps and you implied that 400k means 500k because of Improved Archon, when what we're trying to say is 400k is 400k because we're all using improved Archon at high MP. If you have a SoJ and have 500k vs elites, then you can say 500k vs elites because it really is the same as having 500k char sheet dps when you're fighting elites.

At least that's what I meant with the post above, in case there was any confusion.
    My Wizard
    That is definitely not the link you sent before. Also this is a female wizard, the link before was for the male wizard. Not sure what you are trying to say, something is lost in translation. Also, the gear on the male wizard != 500K even with 100 paragon.

Also if you actually have 500K why ask for advice?
    1) He has two wizard, a female paragon 100 one (no equip at the moment) and a male paragon 28 one (the one linked in his first post).

2) He's not asking for advice, he presented his wizard as an example of a 500k DPS equip (but it was missing the 216 int of his p100 wizard).
    Ah I see, my mistake then. I misunderstood what he was trying to say.

* Edit: Though truthfully, I don't see how the numbers add up to 500K dps, based on that gear. Maybe you guys see it. And that still doesn't explain the archon +25 = 500K from 400K comment. Regardless this is not important.
    Quote from Phoenixscar

Ah I see, my mistake then. I misunderstood what he was trying to say.

* Edit: Though truthfully, I don't see how the numbers add up to 500K dps, based on that gear. Maybe you guys see it. And that still doesn't explain the archon +25 = 500K from 400K comment. Regardless this is not important.

400k dps + 25% archon is around 500k simple math ^^

Ty bagstone +1
    Quote from FEIF81

400k dps + 25% archon is around 500k simple math ^^

Ty bagstone +1

No-one talks about their char sheet dps buffed with archon, especially since archon is based on your char-sheet dps. I DON'T say I am a 460K dps + 25% = 575K DPS archon because it is not true. I suspect we are still mis-communicating. Your char sheet dps is 400K and that is excellent, it is not 500K unless I am very mistaken (and I may very well be mistaken).
    Yeah, it sounds like we're just talking about things in different ways. Most of us roll the 25% from improved into the effective multiplier so with 400k char sheet dps we say we have 400k dps or deal 400*3.75 = 1.5 million effective dps. If you're talking about 400k improved vs 500k teleport, then I can see you trying to equate the two since 400k with improved is the same as 500k without.
    My Wizard
    The thing was that the OP needed some advice and he could look at my profile to see what he need to upgrade to 400 dps.

Love u all ^^
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes