1.0.8 wizard farming routes

gotta say since wizard was a crap farming class in 1.0.7 compared to other classes this is a delight. I've been getting 120 xp/h in solo play (SNS on mp10) doing festering woods (+X, if need be for stacks) and then clearing weeping hollow and fields of misery including the dungeons. what I've noticed is that having 5 stacks before clearing the big maps makes a HUGE difference in xp/h. anyway 120xp/h is about twice as much as 1.0.7.

are you getting more? if so, or in any case, what are your routes!? :)
    From the runs I am doing (almos the same @ MP3)

1.) Festering Woods for "NV Pump Up" usually always get 5 NV min three elite pack + 2 in caves
    2.) Fields of Misery + doing scavanger den or the Decaying (Defiled?) Crypt if there. Both are awesome.
    3.) Wheeping Hollow

Repeat

The run nets me around 24 Million XP a run, and can get 3 per hour, so about half what you getting, BUT at MP3 with only a Star ruby and full NV, so quite minimal on the +xp side. The XP bar does still zoom across though.

Thinking of farming up a hellfire plus better ruby plus going up to MP 4 or 5. That should do very well, maybe up to 40 Million a run, be nice increase.

Doing Archon form, what MP, curious.
    Same route mp10 for items (arcon)
    hollow + woods + misery (cm)
    have any of you guys tried the cemetary? We usually go there after woods because it's guaranteed to have at least 3 elites between the three caves. I bet leorics would be good for Archon too (might be too much down time between the portal and the line of enemies on the staircase).
    so interestingly nobody chilling in act 2? there must be a couple of nice routes as well!
    Nice stuff, i do Festering Woods for NV then Fields of Misery + hollow, and then the last days i have been adding the lvl 2 dungeon before last boss, Its crazy xp now you can teleport like crazy i normal get 400-500 monsterscore kills without even trying. So many legens :D <3
    [ all on mp10 cm wizard ] 186k dps unbuft
    Quote from ffs9

so interestingly nobody chilling in act 2? there must be a couple of nice routes as well!

Dalghur oasis is so packed... it's crazy.

Quote from Jamoose

Quote from ffs9

Dalghur oasis is so packed... it's crazy.

Vault of the Assassin - pick up 5 NV stacks
    Dahlgur Oasis, attempt full clear
    Then directly head to Ancient Waterway in the northeast corner
    Clear both Eastern and Western Channels
    Repeat
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from Jaetch

Vault of the Assassin - pick up 5 NV stacks
    Dahlgur Oasis, attempt full clear
    Then directly head to Ancient Waterway in the northeast corner
    Clear both Eastern and Western Channels
    Repeat

Just tried this farming route yesterday, but after the channels i still went for the Hidden Aqueducts always got 2 elit packs and a bunch of whities. Got from Plvl 42 to 44 in about 1h30 and 5 legendary drops.

I used to farm act I but after last night i'll stick to act 2, it feels somehow more packed.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes