help me to upgrate my archon

Hello everyone this is my profile Kyriakos-2889 and i'll like to give me your opinions.

First of all i'd like to know what are the suggested numbers for dps and ehp for every mp, in order to farm them efficienlty. I am asking this because i cannot stand at mp 7 for example because i losing sometimes and much worse my archon goes off.

Secondly i'd like to hear your opinion on what item should i change first

And last but not least, i have noticed that few very good players like Aesthia have removed lifesteal from their weapons. How can you get back you hp guys?

Thanks in advance.
    http://eu.battle.net...889/hero/733451
    http://www.diablopro...9/Merlin/733451

1. Swap out Electrocute and use WW as your left-click. Replace your your right click as Frost Nova - Deep Freeze.
    2. Change Prismatic to Pinpoint for more crit to help with WW since you don't run APoC.
    3. Guarantee your Archon will run out anywhere from MP5-10, so that's normal. Spam FN+WW and repeat Archon.
    4. Take out Glass Cannon to retain your EHP. See #9 for Cold-Blooded option.
    5. Get more all resistance on your gear. Kill your Tal Rasha helm and save up for a crit Mempo.
    6. Get a rare ring with better stats than your Hellfire Ring (save it for leveling purposes only).
    7. Get a Tal Rasha's chest with bonus armor, all resist, or high life %.
    8. Because your Archon will expire fast (2 minutes tops) on high MPs, get rid of Galvanizing Ward and add in Evocation to further reduce the cooldown, or Blur if you're worried about survival.
    9. Bring a Scoundrel and equip him with a Buriza with Multishot and max IAS gear, and then you can use either Anatomy (for bonus crit) or Hysteria (for constant damage boosts). If you equip Buriza, replace Glass Cannon with Cold-Blooded (see #4).

I got rid of life steal on my weapon because I have huge damage mitigation (over 900 resist and nearly 4,000 armor along with over 100K HP). So much that not even Reflect can kill me (unless it's combined with Vampiric + Extra Health on Phasebeasts). But the new Reflect is even easier, so I'm no longer using my life steal weapon.

Can't say much for requirements. If you're dying, keep upgrading until you don't die as much. Then move from there.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    ^Some good tips there.

Wit the increase exp gains on higher mp levels with the new patch, I was thinking I may have to go CM full time but I may try the method above.
    Jaetch with some good tips there. Also the Life After Kill stat could be nice if you decide on changing your wep or another slot to get some HP back without LS. If im running into trouble I will drag a mob onwards until I can find some white trash and I have had LAK save me quite a few times.
    May the heroes rise from the pit of despair and the bards sing of the day of death renewed to everlasting
    immortality....awaiting your return to the lands of Sanctuary may peace be with you on this day...your day of birth.

The Crew
    Thank you very much for your tips Jaetch. They are really helpfull.
    Additionally if you're going with the Buriza option, you can give your Scoundrel a Star of Azkaranth for additional freezing chance.
    Hello again guys!!!

I've made many changes to my gear since the last time, including all Jaetch's suggestions and now i'm willing to make again better my gear. What are your suggestions now?

What is more i;ve got 2 general questions:
    1. Is the ruby gem better than emerald for archon builds?
    2. Is it possible for me to equip a fury with crit dmg (which means w/o lifesteal) and still being able to survive on high mps?

thanks again :)
    1) It depends on your stats. I'd use a dps spreadsheet or online calculator to see which will give you higher dps. I have a comparison in my dps spreadsheet for Marq E vs R, but it requires inputting your gear stats first.

2) Yes, survival is possible, but you might have to play carefully around RD. I prefer a LS weapon so I don't have to worry about whether the elites have RD or not. It all depends on preference and play style.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids

1) It depends on your stats. I'd use a dps spreadsheet or online calculator to see which will give you higher dps. I have a comparison in my dps spreadsheet for Marq E vs R, but it requires inputting your gear stats first.

2) Yes, survival is possible, but you might have to play carefully around RD. I prefer a LS weapon so I don't have to worry about whether the elites have RD or not. It all depends on preference and play style.

hmm i've an older version of your spreadsheet and i have not changed it because i need to fill it again with my items-stats. i've put a radiant star ruby on my weapon and i lost around 10k dps but its not the number sometimes "the number" may be smaller but the real dmg would be more. As for the LS on weapon the only reason i'm thinking to remove it, is because i can get u huge dps increase.
    Thx for your answer-time :)
    If you download the new spreadsheet just copy the stats from the old one and it should work alright. You just might have to rename the old one so the new one doesn't overwrite it.

When it comes down to it, all that really matters about the gem is what gives you the higher char sheet dps. Everything Archons use scale the same way with weapon damage and CD, and Archon beam tics fast enough that high CD gets averaged out reasonably well so char sheet dps is king.

Higher dps is nice but with LS you can get by with survivability, which can help make up the difference. Also, high dps swords with OS+LS+40-60 CD are reasonably affordable now (couple hundred mil for 1150 DPS versions, less for lower dps). Still, it works reasonably well without LS so it's really just a personal choice. Best of luck with whichever you choose.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes