Space Walking - CMWW

I know there's a lot of you who'll already know about this, but there's also a lot of you who don't and for CMWW Wizards, it's makes an unbelievable difference.

So, for those of you who play CMWW legitimately, you'll know it puts a lot of stress on both your left and right hands after long periods of play. For your right hand, you're having to reposition yourself constantly in a fight to optimise the damage from your Explosive Blast while also constantly keeping up your Energy Twister to maintain your Critical Mass procs, which forces you to stutter step at the same time as keeping your Arcane Power low. Because of this rapid movement usage of your mouse, you're putting a lot of stress on your wrist, which as well as being tiring, can also lead to RSI.

By going in to your keybinds and binding "Move" (under "Gameplay") to space, you simply need to hold down the space bar to focus on moving and your mouse is purely focused on casting Energy Twister. What this does is allows you to perfectly stutter step around, maintaining full Energy Twister, Nova, Diamond Skin and Explosive Blast uptime and thus not losing any crits, proving to actually be more efficient than manually stutter stepping as well as less stressful. It also ensures you're as close as possible to your target at all times so you can be positive your Explosive Blast is doing appropriate damage.

Keep in mind this "Move" bind is completely separate to the move command your left click uses. This move does not interact with any attack commands or item pickups, so you'll never accidentally stop to pick up an item you didn't mean to or attack something you didnt mean to by using it. (Obviously you'll still be picking up stuff accidentally from the Energy Twister spam.)

Here's a brief video demonstrating the appropriate usage and benefits of the space walk -

Add a dab of lavender to milk; leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
    i really do feel sorry for anybody who has not found the force move option yet.... put the force move button on your mouse if you can instead of space bar imo. just so that when you go archon you can play with just your mouse with ease xD

i really do feel sorry for anybody who has not found the force move option yet.... put the force move button on your mouse if you can instead of space bar imo. just so that when you go archon you can play with just your mouse with ease xD
    Indeed, I recently came back after a long break and had completely forgotten about the move bind. Was a painful week. Thought it'd be best to actually post something about it in case there's any other poor souls who haven't discovered it yet.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk; leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
    May i ask why it takes stress on your left hand?
    the way i do it is
    i teleport in a group mobs
    hold shift + LMB so it autospams the whirlies, and conveniently movearound the mouse to where i want them whirlies, and mash 123 like a madman. When i release the SHIFT button, it will walk, and i won't accidentally click, cuz i'm still holding the button. when i press SHIFT again, it starts spamming whirlies again,

so instead of pressing space, i'm releasing shift. it works kinda inverted. that's all.

i wouldn't like to spam LBM, also, and 123 at the same time. Starcraft players would think 'OMG, WHAT APM DOES THE POWERSCOUTER INDICATE, IT'S OVER 9000"
    I have force move on the W key, because I tend to just tap it to relocate, so I just find it easier having it so close to 1, 2 and 3 than on the spacebar.
    And may the odds be ever in your favour.
    Emmo#2406

the way i do it is
    hold shift + LMB so it autospams the whirlies, and conveniently movearound the mouse to where i want them whirlies, and mash 123 like a madman. When i release the SHIFT button, it will walk, and i won't accidentally click, cuz i'm still holding the button. when i press SHIFT again, it starts spamming whirlies again,

so instead of pressing space, i'm releasing shift. it works kinda inverted. that's all.

i wouldn't like to spam LBM, also, and 123 at the same time. Starcraft players would think 'OMG, WHAT APM DOES THE POWERSCOUTER INDICATE, IT'S OVER 9000"
    I can't really think of a circumstance I'd want to use shift as you want to be constantly moving around as you pull more mobs. If you look at the video for example, there's no occasion where using shift would ever have come in use as I'm constantly moving around and pulling more mobs.

As for LMB spam, this doesn't require that, either. You simply hold down the LMB with space and your Energy Twister will cast as you're moving around.

I have force move on the W key, because I tend to just tap it to relocate, so I just find it easier having it so close to 1, 2 and 3 than on the spacebar.
    I actually used to have it on W too, but I didn't like it as I needed my fingers focused on 1,2,3. Seeing as my thumb is always free, it just seems more efficient to put it to use and not have any downtime on the 1,2,3 spam.

I actually used to have it on W too, but I didn't like it as I needed my fingers focused on 1,2,3. Seeing as my thumb is always free, it just seems more efficient to put it to use and not have any downtime on the 1,2,3 spam.

Yeah, that's true, but I also have the 1-2-3 spam bound to my side mouse buttons. So if need be, I can start spamming them instead, or aswell.
    I had to do it because my Ventrilo button is #pad 5, which is miles away from anything, and I just can't get used to using another button, so to talk on Vent, I have to use my mouse to keep spamming 1-2-3. It's also nice being able to play CMWW with the mouse only.
    And may the odds be ever in your favour.
    Emmo#2406

the way i do it is

I can't really think of a circumstance I'd want to use shift as you want to be constantly moving around as you pull more mobs. If you look at the video for example, there's no occasion where using shift would ever have come in use as I'm constantly moving around and pulling more mobs.

As for LMB spam, this doesn't require that, either. You simply hold down the LMB with space and your Energy Twister will cast as you're moving around.

if i press LMB without aiming on a mob, my character will walk.
    If i press shift and LMB, my character will spam whirlwinds at the mouse cursor
    If i keep pressed LMB, and release shift, the character will walk.
    when i press shift, while still holding LMB (as i did the whole time) it will spam whirlwinds. so i if i want to walk a little distance to pull more, i just release shift. and press when i want to stand still. the other way around sortasay.

Basically you are telling me that you can spam whirlwinds while walking, is that correct?
    Yeah, that's true, but I also have the 1-2-3 spam bound to my side mouse buttons. So if need be, I can start spamming them instead, or aswell.
    I had to do it because my Ventrilo button is #pad 5, which is miles away from anything, and I just can't get used to using another button, so to talk on Vent, I have to use my mouse to keep spamming 1-2-3. It's also nice being able to play CMWW with the mouse only.
    Ah, well that's fair enough. I rarely use my mouse macros for something that's used as repetitively as CMWW as mine's pretty uncomfortable to reach. As for PTT, I disabled that a looong time ago. I used to play a lot of arena back in my WoW days and when you're basically a talking combat log, PTT really starts to be a pain in the ass, so I just disabled it.
    if i press LMB without aiming on a mob, my character will walk.
    If i press shift and LMB, my character will spam whirlwinds at the mouse cursor
    If i keep pressed LMB, and release shift, the character will walk.
    when i press shift, while still holding LMB (as i did the whole time) it will spam whirlwinds. so i if i want to walk a little distance to pull more, i just release shift. and press when i want to stand still. the other way around sortasay.

Basically you are telling me that you can spam whirlwinds while walking, is that correct?
    Pretty much, yes. Obviously your character still stutter steps for the cast time, but as long as space and left click are both held down while you're mousing over an enemy, you'll stutter directly towards the enemy while constantly casting Energy Twister.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes