32% atk-speed
    2.7% life-steal
    2.6k life-per-kill

37k life
    3.3k armor
    24% dodge
    550 all-res
    (750 physical-res)

buffed: (sparkflint + force weapon + pinpoint barrier + improved archon + anatomy)

207k dps
    390k ehp
    (510k with dodge)

38% crit
    275% crit-dmg
    32% atk-speed
    2.7% life-steal
    2.6k life-per-kill

37k life
    6.1k armor
    24% dodge
    790 all-res
    (1090 physical-res)

I'm not having any problems rushing through my farming route (act 3) with this build (I found mp3 to be the best compromise in between loot & speed) - however, I'd like to boost my stats further anyway.

my equip so far did cost me about 10m gold (a bit less) and I'm quite pleased with it - but I'm having trouble upgrading it further and would like some advice.

as you can see one obvious problem of my equip is the lack of crit-dmg on my weapon, which results in overall low crit-dmg of only 275%, while my crit-chance and attack-speed are much better. but it's quite hard to find a weapon that would result in a significant dps upgrade without spending well over 10m gold. (although eventually I'd have to do that)

so - what do you guys think?

which slots should I upgrade next, and what should I look out for?

thanks for your time and help :miniD:
    I'm pretty sure if you started using Blood Magic instead of Force Weapon, then replaced your MH with let's say, a sword with similar DPS, INT, CHD & a socket; you would get a humongous DPS increase.

EDIT: Also, I would really refrain from using a non-crit necklace. Replacing with a crit Tal Rasha amu would be wise, even if it's just 6-7%.
    Quote from Forock

I'm pretty sure if you started using Blood Magic instead of Force Weapon, then replaced your MH with let's say, a sword with similar DPS, INT, CHD & a socket; you would get a humongous DPS increase.

I just simulated what you suggested in d3up and created a sword with 1100dps, 220int, 70chd and a star emerald and got about 50k dps more - so you're right
    but I'd need some lifesteal there as well, since I don't think blood magic alone would be enough to heal me through damage reflect mobs

this would result in a weapon that might cost 100m or more, so that's out of the question :S

edit:

my budget is about 10m now - since that's more than I spent for my entire gear so far, I think I should be able to get some significant stat upgrades for that amount of gold. If not - I'd be happy to farm more, but I'd need to know that I couldn't actually get much better without spending over 10m gold.
    I do agree that the fact that your weapon has no crit and/or socket is the main thing hurting your dps. If you're running lower mp, I don't think you'll miss the ls on it if you switch to blood magic. As for other dps increases, you can try crafting a better pair of shoulders, inna's pants with intel, a better trim
    Other than a crit damage/socket weapon, which would be your biggest and most worthwhile upgrade, you need to add more crit chance and crit damage in general in order to see big DPS numbers (stack IAS last).

Zuni Pox with crit chance are actually dropping in price, at least for the ones below 5% crit chance. The same applies to crit chance Tal ammies, though even the 7% crit chance ones may be a bit out of your budget (especially if you want to retain that vitality).

You should try and craft shoulders and amulets in the time being to get a potentially cheaper upgrade for both DPS and EHP.

I'm on my phone so I can't really check anything in detail.

...oh, and PS, don't sweat dropping the life steal weapon, especially for MP0-4 in your buffed state. Blood Magic should be enough considering most mob affixes aren't too difficult to deal with as compared to pre-1.07 (other than Frozen. How I despise Frozen).
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from RasAlgethi24

I do agree that the fact that your weapon has no crit and/or socket is the main thing hurting your dps. If you're running lower mp, I don't think you'll miss the ls on it if you switch to blood magic. As for other dps increases, you can try crafting a better pair of shoulders, inna's pants with intel, a better trim

Quote from Jaetch

Other than a crit damage/socket weapon, which would be your biggest and most worthwhile upgrade, you need to add more crit chance and crit damage in general in order to see big DPS numbers (stack IAS last).

Zuni Pox with crit chance are actually dropping in price, at least for the ones below 5% crit chance. The same applies to crit chance Tal ammies, though even the 7% crit chance ones may be a bit out of your budget (especially if you want to retain that vitality).

You should try and craft shoulders and amulets in the time being to get a potentially cheaper upgrade for both DPS and EHP.

I'm on my phone so I can't really check anything in detail.

...oh, and PS, don't sweat dropping the life steal weapon, especially for MP0-4 in your buffed state. Blood Magic should be enough considering most mob affixes aren't too difficult to deal with as compared to pre-1.07 (other than Frozen. How I despise Frozen).

thx, I've actually bought a decent wand for under 2m with 1100dps, 60%crit and a socket (put in a star emerald) and got about 30k more out of it, but I really miss the life-steal or the life-after-kill from my old weapon (don't know for sure which), so I went back to it for the time being and try to get some life-after-kill into my other slots (at least 1.5k) to compensate and try again

with the weapon I had so far (2.7% life-steal & +2.6k life-after-kill) I simply never had to worry about life at mp0-3 at all - even against damage reflect or frozen mobs, or while standing in a pool of poison and molten at the same time - without blood weapon.
    that was kind of great, and I want it back^^
    I do think however that blood weapon would be enough to compensate for damage reflect mobs, since I have 6k+ armor and 1k+ physical resistance while being buffed - but I do need some life after kill

I'm also going to buy a better rare ring and some +int inna's temperance pants soon (maybe +vita as well) but your other suggestions (+crit% tal rasha ammy / zuni pox) are a but too pricy for me - maybe later

while taking a look at your profile I notice you're both playing with living lightning and deep freeze and switched out my thrown blades and teleport for it ... wow
    didn't knew living lightning hits so often and seems to have a high proc rate, because it feels I can keep up spamming frost nova almost the whole time - even with less than 2.0 atk-speed
    Quote from Orni
    while taking a look at your profile I notice you're both playing with living lightning and deep freeze and switched out my thrown blades and teleport for it ... wow
    didn't knew living lightning hits so often and seems to have a high proc rate, because it feels I can keep up spamming frost nova almost the whole time - even with less than 2.0 atk-speed

Living Lightning is the go-to spell to proc CM for people who don't run APoC. It's essential for refreshing Archon for any Hybrid Archon builds.

As for the Zuni Pox, I'm not sure about EU, but you can nab for 10-13M for any crit chance Zuni Pox on the US server. For any crit chance Tal ammy, it's similar, around 15M or so.

Maybe everything is just cheaper on the US side, because I just caught sight of a few 1-hand weapons with 800-1000 life after kill, 50-60+ crit damage, socket, and over 1000 DPS for around the 10-25M range, and a lot of them have life steal to go with them.

Yes, technically a little out of your budget, but all of those items are within shooting range. It'll take just one or two decent (not godly) drops to cover those trades.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Yeah living lightning is great. I saw Jaetch using it, tried it out, it works great for non apoc archon set ups.
    Quote from Jaetch

Quote from Orni

Living Lightning is the go-to spell to proc CM for people who don't run APoC. It's essential for refreshing Archon for any Hybrid Archon builds.

As for the Zuni Pox, I'm not sure about EU, but you can nab for 10-13M for any crit chance Zuni Pox on the US server. For any crit chance Tal ammy, it's similar, around 15M or so.

Maybe everything is just cheaper on the US side, because I just caught sight of a few 1-hand weapons with 800-1000 life after kill, 50-60+ crit damage, socket, and over 1000 DPS for around the 10-25M range, and a lot of them have life steal to go with them.

Yes, technically a little out of your budget, but all of those items are within shooting range. It'll take just one or two decent (not godly) drops to cover those trades.

Quote from RasAlgethi24

Yeah living lightning is great. I saw Jaetch using it, tried it out, it works great for non apoc archon set ups.

I changed my equip a bit as you can see
    battle.net profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Orni-2615/hero/8835207

basically I got inna's pants with int and the new weapon I mentioned, as well as a ring with life-after-kill (I'm also upgrading my zuni pox into one with life-after-kill but there were no good deals at the moment)

zuni pox & tal rasha ammy with crit are going to be goals for the future - along with better shoulders and gloves/bracers. maybe also some better zuni boots/armor

first I need to upgrade my weapon (again) into more or less the same with a bit more dps and some int and/or vita (or life-steal if some good deal turns up)

you were right, I do not need additional life-steal - it's working fine as it is - however I got used to the humongous life gain of my old weapon, so I at least compensate with life after kill. really, to everyone who needs some life gain as archon, get life-after-kill - it's amazing

thx for your help - I do know what to look out for now

also - living lightning with deep freeze is a revelation, the (highly) increased critical mass procs reduced my occasional non-archon time by more than 50%, at least it feels this much - and I don't miss teleport since frost nova provides decent surviveability as well
    One more thing if you're running on low mp and have no problem keeping archon going, I'd suggest switching to galvanizing ward and scramble armor. Galvanizing ward is nice as you dont have to cancel archon and rebuff as often. Scramble just improves move speed for efficiency.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes