Farmming MP10

See, this post just shows that any "general guide" for MP10 is pretty much impossible. Loroese's guide recommends 320k EHP for MP10, and many people feel that's okay. I personally don't go there with less than 400-500k even with CMWW. Then there might be other builds who can survive MP10 with even less EHP - if you kill fast enough and have a freezing Scoundrel, why not?

On the other hand, if your build relies on getting a few hits, like a slow-killing build with Scramble and Illusionist, you should get a lot more EHP than 500k. Also, looking at DPS you provided, it's hard to say because you can only see character sheet DPS - but we all know that greatly differs from "real DPS". While Archon DPS is pretty close to char sheet, CMWW is much higher than char sheet DPS and if you're patient and don't care much about efficiency, you can go MP10 with way less than 200k DPS and also less than 400k EHP.

Your numbers are a really good start and it's a good target for everyone; 5000 armor, 800 AR, 35k EHP would be my goal as well. But for which spec? That's overkill for CMWW, but hardly enough for a low-DPS Archon wizard. So... it's all relative. Plus, I imagine there's gonna be some great things ahead of us like awesome Blizzard builds with 1.07. And everything changes... again. :-)

See, this post just shows that any "general guide" for MP10 is pretty much impossible. Loroese's guide recommends 320k EHP for MP10, and many people feel that's okay. I personally don't go there with less than 400-500k even with CMWW. Then there might be other builds who can survive MP10 with even less EHP - if you kill fast enough and have a freezing Scoundrel, why not?

On the other hand, if your build relies on getting a few hits, like a slow-killing build with Scramble and Illusionist, you should get a lot more EHP than 500k. Also, looking at DPS you provided, it's hard to say because you can only see character sheet DPS - but we all know that greatly differs from "real DPS". While Archon DPS is pretty close to char sheet, CMWW is much higher than char sheet DPS and if you're patient and don't care much about efficiency, you can go MP10 with way less than 200k DPS and also less than 400k EHP.

Your numbers are a really good start and it's a good target for everyone; 5000 armor, 800 AR, 35k EHP would be my goal as well. But for which spec? That's overkill for CMWW, but hardly enough for a low-DPS Archon wizard. So... it's all relative. Plus, I imagine there's gonna be some great things ahead of us like awesome Blizzard builds with 1.07. And everything changes... again. :-)

man i couldn't agree more with you! if you want to farm mp 10, first you've gotta define what YOU constitute as farm. for me, its as simple as surviving and killing stuff at a reasonable pace per hour of play. ie does it take me a full hour to get five stacks and kill a keywarden given my slow playstyle? i like to get in two high mp key runs in one hour. to me that's acceptable given i take care of 3 dogs and cook and such during the evenings. i play on mp8 btw as its where my gear allows for this.

so first set your actual goal, then set your playstyle given what you want in your goal. if cmww bores you to tears then pick another spec... set your goal there then work toward it. anything's possible given enough gold thrown at it. pick an achievable budget and shoot for it!

i chose to pick cmww because i enjoy the fast paced spammy key goodness and the op nature of the setup. i dumped my budget and achieved my goal, ican tank and stun mp 10 ubers efficiently and i can solo mp8 key runs for loot :) whats your goal and how are you planning to go for it?

for me, its as simple as surviving and killing stuff at a reasonable pace per hour of play. ie does it take me a full hour to get five stacks and kill a keywarden given my slow playstyle? i like to get in two high mp key runs in one hour.

Hahaha that reminds me of my very first Diablo Inferno kill (i.e., beating the game). Because I had no money and crappy gear, and I was a barb, I went full tank with max block and just tried to stay alive. My DPS was... I don't know, below 10k for sure. It took me 20 minutes or more to kill him (errrr, I mean her). Well, it wasn't "farming" but it was a damn good feeling and I couldn't care less about my kill speed :-)
    yup, its all about enjoying your playtime tbh. farming mp 2 is about as exciting as it gets.... unless you're playing at one level ABOVE what you can reasonably handle via gear... its all the same effing grind... you're still gonna be more bored than a woodchuck with a plastic tree... lol

See, this post just shows that any "general guide" for MP10 is pretty much impossible. Loroese's guide recommends 320k EHP for MP10, and many people feel that's okay. I personally don't go there with less than 400-500k even with CMWW.

Your numbers are a really good start and it's a good target for everyone; 5000 armor, 800 AR, 35k EHP would be my goal as well. But for which spec? That's overkill for CMWW,

This post made me a little confused. 5k armor, 800 AR, 35k HP is 320k EHP. You say it's overkill for CMWW yet you say you won't run CMWW with any less than 400-500k EHP. Are you talking about EHP with dodge for the 400-500k? I tend to ignore dodge when I talk about EHP. I find it too random to be useful for wizards since we get hit so hard. 320k EHP sounds pretty low but when you realize you have 5k armor and 800 AR, that's pretty good, provided you have about 600-800 LoH per 100k DPS. I'm not disaggreeing that there's some personal opinion and experience applicable there, just was a little confused by the inconsistancies of the two statements.

Aside from that point, I agree with your statement about making such a guide being nearly impossible. For Archon there'd likely be some curve involved, where the higer DPS and LS you have, the less EHP you need. Even CMWW EHP depends partly on your DPS and LoH values. If you have 300k DPS, but only 500 LoH, then you'd need even higher EHP, for examplle. It's just too hard to quantify the requirements in general for lots of specs. That doesn't even get into the opinion of LS vs no LS as Archon, etc.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    This post made me a little confused.

Whoops, sorry. Should've been 45k+ HP. Well, actually... to be honest, haven't played for quite a while and lost track of my gear recently, but I tend to stack HP; it makes life% gear so much more rewarding. Last time I logged out I had 90k HP. And just one thing to add - we're talking unbuffed here, and many people run SNS build; I use the most defensive CMWW variant which adds a lot more, too.

Are you using the spec wrong? It does do more damage then imp archon.
    Ray of frost sleet storm 280% damage
    Time wrap slow time 20% more damage
    Frost nova bone chill 15% damage
    Cold blooded 20% damage.
    Due to most things are frozen and diamond skin is always up you just sit there and dps like a beast. Or switch time wrap for teleport if your res sucks. I'm telling this spec rapes, I farm mp10 a lot and tank ubers.
    Difference is you can get up to 77% crit chance from ray of frost gear.
    Helmet 14%
    Ammy 17%
    Rings can roll 12% each
    Hella a lot of crit. I sit at 180k damage but in game damage I do near 700 to 900k crits. Which happens a lot.

I have 255k dps 64k hp and 740 all ressi when i tested your spec and it was not better than archon when I tried on top of it all ranged mobs are just a pain to deal with in general.

thats without using any damage buffs + I opted not to pick up glasscannon + are you talking about imp archob without either force wep or sparkflint ? then yes maybe you are right.

Cold blooded 20% damage.
    Due to most things are frozen and diamond skin is always up you just sit there and dps like a beast. Or switch time wrap for teleport if your res sucks. I'm telling this spec rapes, I farm mp10 a lot and tank ubers.
    Helmet 14%
    Ammy 17%
    Rings can roll 12% each
    Hella a lot of crit. I sit at 180k damage but in game damage I do near 700 to 900k crits. Which happens a lot.

I have 255k dps 64k hp and 740 all ressi when i tested your spec and it was not better than archon when I tried on top of it all ranged mobs are just a pain to deal with in general.

thats without using any damage buffs + I opted not to pick up glasscannon + are you talking about imp archob without either force wep or sparkflint ? then yes maybe you are right.

Yours won't work as well without the stats-specific gear that he listed. His spec requires a lot of specific gear; if you don't have the right rolls, it's not going to work as well. Archon is just much easier and reliable with general stats.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP

Cold blooded 20% damage.
    Helmet 14%
    Ammy 17%
    Rings can roll 12% each

Yours won't work as well without the stats-specific gear that he listed. His spec requires a lot of specific gear; if you don't have the right rolls, it's not going to work as well. Archon is just much easier and reliable with general stats.

archon baffles me as to how it can be reliable... you're constantly moving at base runspeed +24 % most likely.... how can that be reliable? where are you farming where you can keep it up full time? i can never be bothered to keep it up full time, i move too slow lol
    archon baffles me as to how it can be reliable... you're constantly moving at base runspeed +24 % most likely.... how can that be reliable? where are you farming where you can keep it up full time? i can never be bothered to keep it up full time, i move too slow lol

I run 12% move speed and my Archon usually lasts about 2 minutes on MP7 unless I'm against Extra Health elite packs or packs that have Frozen and Fire Chains (requires some kiting). Even then, I just need to throw down 2-3 Wicked Winds and Archon is back up in a few seconds.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes