Farmming MP10

Is there a way to do it without CMWW build? if so what other builds works: Would be nice to know around what dps and EHP one should aim for.
    Quote from Zeel

Is there a way to do it without CMWW build? if so what other builds works: Would be nice to know around what dps and EHP one should aim for.

It's fine with Archon/CM hybrid. Basically, you need the same gear as CM. What I do is keep energy twister and frost nova (or if you struggle, both frost nova and diamond kin), and switch the others to improved archon, sparkflint, magic weapon w/life steal.

You will not be able to keep archon up, but due to the high procc rate from energy twister if you're already in cm gear, you will get it back almost instantly. It's convenient in many ways: deactivate archon if you meet reflect, and take them with tornadoes only (takes a long time, but the life steal inside archon will usually not be enough).

Suprisingly, white mobs die quick to archon even on mp10, and you are able to clear with decent speed.

Edit: Not sure what gear you will need. This is mine: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/whorebeast-2915/Toes/1475135
    Quote from whorebeast

Quote from Zeel

It's fine with Archon/CM hybrid. Basically, you need the same gear as CM. What I do is keep energy twister and frost nova (or if you struggle, both frost nova and diamond kin), and switch the others to improved archon, sparkflint, magic weapon w/life steal.

You will not be able to keep archon up, but due to the high procc rate from energy twister if you're already in cm gear, you will get it back almost instantly. It's convenient in many ways: deactivate archon if you meet reflect, and take them with tornadoes only (takes a long time, but the life steal inside archon will usually not be enough).

Suprisingly, white mobs die quick to archon even on mp10, and you are able to clear with decent speed.

Edit: Not sure what gear you will need. This is mine: http://www.diablopro...15/Toes/1475135

I ve got more dps than you(249 in EHP gear) and I can only get 440k EHP atm and I dont have any CM gear as I am built for archon but I do have a LS wep ^^
    I can run hybrid Archon on MP10 with my setup (in my profile). I don't use any APoC, though, and it works fine for me. It should be even better once 1.07 goes live because they're buffing Living Lightning.

Once you get enough mitigation, you can even drop life steal on your weapon (though having it will make your life so much easier).
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP

I ve got more dps than you(249 in EHP gear) and I can only get 440k EHP atm and I dont have any CM gear as I am built for archon but I do have a LS wep ^^

It won't work that good without wizard-affixes. You'll never be able to keep archon up - I've tried using trium and black weapon, for higher dps, but it's significantly less functional. AP free signature spells will do nothing on mp10, as far as I can tell, even with 400k dps buffed. They will get archon back slowly, and they won't procc enough LS or LoH to keep you standing unless you have high ehp. I've seen it work when having even more dps than that, but well, it's much easier to get apoc and IAS. Without apoc, you'll have to kite. I.e. back to d3 1.0 builds, hydra, blizzard or whatever we did back then.

What you can do of course is go archon on a bit lower mp. Or double your ehp and go spectral blades. But really, the only option on mp10 is cm wiz or top-ten dps with black wpn/elemental damage affixes, and then hiding whenever you meet reflect.
    It's easiest to farm with CMWW, since you only really need like 320k EHP. However, there are several other builds floating around that can work, they'll just require higher EHP and I'm not even sure what sort of DPS you need to make it more efficient than MP7-9.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    Quote from Jaetch

I can run hybrid Archon on MP10 with my setup (in my profile). I don't use any APoC, though, and it works fine for me. It should be even better once 1.07 goes live because they're buffing Living Lightning.

Once you get enough mitigation, you can even drop life steal on your weapon (though having it will make your life so much easier).

So you need 1mil EHP to do it ?
    Not sure why you wanne "farm" on mp10. With the recent change of drop rates for demonic essences on ptr imo there is no point in mp10 other then keys for maschines...

However, each level of Monster Power will increase the drop chance of Demonic Essence from Elites and bosses according to the following values:
    • MP 0: 20.0000% 15.0000%
    • MP 1: 23.0000% 16.5000%
    • MP 2: 26.4500% 18.1500%
    • MP 3: 30.4175% 19.9650%
    • MP 4: 34.9801% 21.9615%
    • MP 5: 40.2271% 24.1577%
    • MP 6: 46.2612% 26.5734%
    • MP 7: 53.2004% 29.2308%
    • MP 8: 61.1805% 32.1538%
    • MP 9: 70.3575% 35.3692%
    • MP 10: 80.9112% 38.9061%
    I dont intend on farming MP10 for crafting matts I want to do it as I am bored shit less of lvling on MP2.
    You can try Archon, but it will require quite a bit of EHP, and the less EHP you have the more LS you'll need, so start with a LS weapon+BM and go from there. You might have to use a hybrid version if your dps isn't really high, since you'll probably have some issues keeping it active. Otherwise, prismatic armor+Archon form gives a lot of extra EHP. It might work, it just won't be efficient, but efficiency isn't everything.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    Most efficient are CMWW and hybrid archon, but there are other builds that might work. Unfortunately very few players have good enough gear to experiment on MP10. Especially since experimenting might cost extra few hundred millions of gold.

I was able to farm decently MP8 on PTR with blizzard + living lightning (arcane dynamo) + molten meteor. High EHP required, but meteor crit for over 1m dmg with 200k unbuffed dps.
    You don't "need" 1 million EHP. You don't "need" 400K DPS.

You just need to find your own right balance. I only run the high EHP because I don't want to use a life steal weapon. You can get by with much less. And obviously, the better your stats, the easier it is. When I used to run 440K unbuffed DPS, I had half my current EHP and couldn't touch MP10 without life steal, and the culprit was the overboard DPS that bit me when Reflect showed up. Otherwise, no problem.

Also, see the "silly" build video I posted in another wizard thread? That is MP10 capable and is neither CM/WW nor Archon. Horribly inefficient, but it works.

Gotta find some sort of balance.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from Jaetch

You don't "need" 1 million EHP. You don't "need" 400K DPS.

You just need to find your own right balance. I only run the high EHP because I don't want to use a life steal weapon. You can get by with much less. And obviously, the better your stats, the easier it is. When I used to run 440K unbuffed DPS, I had half my current EHP and couldn't touch MP10 without life steal, and the culprit was the overboard DPS that bit me when Reflect showed up. Otherwise, no problem.

Also, see the "silly" build video I posted in another wizard thread? That is MP10 capable and is neither CM/WW nor Archon. Horribly inefficient, but it works.

Gotta find some sort of balance.

Well I am running LS atm what dps and EHP would you recommend?
    Quote from Zeel

I don't think you can give a specific number here. It depends too much on spec, play style, composition of your gear, and personal preference. For example, while many people say that CMWW on MP10 works with as little as 3xx EHP, I personally don't even go there with less than 400-500k. It annoys me so much when I die, and it's also quite a setback because you lose a lot of time, such that I rather kill a bit slower but I can be a bit more careless. Other people might like this "challenge" of being close to death every second. In many games I like being a glass canon, but in D3 for some reason it's rather the other way around; I like to do other things while playing and turn my brain off.

With Archon, you probably need 400-500k EHP for MP10, but then again, it really depends on your DPS as well - if you're at 200k you kill quite slow, therefore enemies get closer to you, thus you need a bit more DPS. If you top the charts with 500k unbuffed DPS you could probably go there with 200-300k EHP (just guessing here) because everything's pretty much dead on sight.

Try to balance it and see what you can get hold of, and try it out yourself. If you think you're killing too slow or you're being killed too often, just switch to MP8; it's still pretty high MP level and offers good rewards, but monsters have roughly 1/3 (!) of the HP of MP10. And ~30% less incoming damage, too.
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Zeel

I don't think you can give a specific number here. It depends too much on spec, play style, composition of your gear, and personal preference. For example, while many people say that CMWW on MP10 works with as little as 3xx EHP, I personally don't even go there with less than 400-500k. It annoys me so much when I die, and it's also quite a setback because you lose a lot of time, such that I rather kill a bit slower but I can be a bit more careless. Other people might like this "challenge" of being close to death every second. In many games I like being a glass canon, but in D3 for some reason it's rather the other way around; I like to do other things while playing and turn my brain off.

With Archon, you probably need 400-500k EHP for MP10, but then again, it really depends on your DPS as well - if you're at 200k you kill quite slow, therefore enemies get closer to you, thus you need a bit more DPS. If you top the charts with 500k unbuffed DPS you could probably go there with 200-300k EHP (just guessing here) because everything's pretty much dead on sight.

Try to balance it and see what you can get hold of, and try it out yourself. If you think you're killing too slow or you're being killed too often, just switch to MP8; it's still pretty high MP level and offers good rewards, but monsters have roughly 1/3 (!) of the HP of MP10. And ~30% less incoming damage, too.

Thanks for the good feed back! I guess ill get like 1 or 2 more uppgrades and give mp10 a shot as I think I have the dps to test it (271k unbuffed) but a bit more EHP would be nice ^^
    Is WW/CM only spec to farm mp10, hell no. I farm mp10 pretty damn fast and without many deaths with Ray of frost sleet storm build. Check out my page I made a few weeks ago. You will see it works great and does more damage then imp archon. Im almost done with the guide/video for that spec.
    Ill take a look ^^

Edit:tested and tried its by far the wroset build I have tried in a long time dont think this is something you would use on Mp10 + this is a lot less damage than an imp Archon dose.
    Are you using the spec wrong? It does do more damage then imp archon.
    Ray of frost sleet storm 280% damage
    Time wrap slow time 20% more damage
    Frost nova bone chill 15% damage
    Cold blooded 20% damage.
    Due to most things are frozen and diamond skin is always up you just sit there and dps like a beast. Or switch time wrap for teleport if your res sucks. I'm telling this spec rapes, I farm mp10 a lot and tank ubers.
    Difference is you can get up to 77% crit chance from ray of frost gear.
    Helmet 14%
    Ammy 17%
    Rings can roll 12% each
    Hella a lot of crit. I sit at 180k damage but in game damage I do near 700 to 900k crits. Which happens a lot.
    Quote from Zeel

I think someone should put together a guide (if they haven't already) of what kinds of stats are needed, bare minimum, to handle most situations in MP10 safely. Most people probably would farm Inferno MP10 if they could survive it, so knowing this would be great.

I mean, there's always the people who just say "stack lots lots of crit," and from the amounts of people who say it, this is ONE way to go. But if people want enough armor, EHP, resistances, etc, to NOT just glass cannon around and go by the "best defense is a good offense" way of thinking, someone should put this guide together. Kinda like when you look at various D2 builds, they say "need X amount of Y stat for equipping the gear you'll need, Z amount of Life to survive this or that situation, etc." I mean, I don't go for "maximum efficiency," that usually just means running low MPs over and over because it's easy. Basically the equivalent of killing boars in WoW to get millions of XP. Ever see South Park? This is how I see "efficiency. That's why I go for "what's hardest and likely to give me the most/best treasure, that I can survive doing?" I'll put some extra time killing monsters if I get better MF and XP rewards. Post-patch, this may change the whole "efficiency" viewpoint even slightly.

But a guide like that would really put into perspective what's actually NEEDED for surviving MP10 and what's most commonly done.
    Pre AH-shutdown Transcendence/Spirit Regen build, used only found and crafted gear and gems, could handle MP7.
    CM/WW is definitely the easiest spec to run mp10 with but there are others besides it and archon. Personally, I'm running a Disintegrate+Living Lightning+Comet build for mp8-10 (though I will sometimes run rocknados in mp10 instead, it's a bit safer).

Any spec will work so long as it meets something like the following criteria:

-200k-250k+ dps. Obviously the higher the better. Specs with high edps multipliers (like SNS, CM/WW) can get away with lower.

-5000+ armor, 800+ Res All (I would say you'd want 400k ehp for mp10, minimum). Most of the time it's the adds (molten, arcane sentry, etc) that are the big threat. Unless you can avoid them reliably, you need to be able to tank them a little bit. Lifesteal or LoH will help out immensely with high dps in this regard but there still has to be a certain level of mitigation. Those numbers are a little arbitrary but I think they're about right and they can be buffed or unbuffed.

-Unless you have massive ehp/mitigation+dmg (archon), you'll want some crowd control to keep incoming damage in check. This means Frost Nova generally (although timestop or Wave of Force could work) and that means you may need CM to cut cooldowns. To that end you're going to want to run something that procs CM decently. Twisters and Living Lightning (requires no APoC) work well. Meteor procs well but is more difficult to use reliably. I would love to be able to use Electrocute or Spectral Blades, but both aren't quite fast enough on the procs to compete with the other three.

-dolynick
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes