Lightning wizard (theorycraft)

Hello!
    This is my first post, here but i have been lurking here awhile.

Anyways i was boosting up one of my monks on SC with my wizard (multibox)
    And i realised that shock armor is a really awesome spell especially with the electructe on crit rune.
    So i was thinking of multiboxing (4 accounts, no automation shit, just key clone(isboxer))
    On Hardcore with 4 wizards and i was thinking of using lightning skills togheter with the stun chance on lightning skills.
    What you guys think?
    Atm i was thinming of using shock armor and Electrocute.
    Diamond skin is almost a must have on HC and i think i need teleport too.
    then as passive stun on lightning thing and the unstable anomality (since they going to remake it)
    That leaves 2 spell slots and 2 passives
    What more spells and passives should i use?

That was all for me atm.
    // Pollopen

So i was thinking of multiboxing (4 accounts, no automation shit, just key clone(isboxer))

I'm not sure what a key clone is but if it's as simple as it sounds, as per a recent blue post this is not allowed (though interpretation is debatable) and in my opinion shouldn't be either.

Still sounds like it could work well enough. Hardcore is risky though.
    Well, my take on multiboxing is that the whole idea is very lame.

Just why would you want to own 4 accounts and play with 4 characters at the same time?

I totally don't understand this.

As far as theorycrafting goes though, I think that four wizards with lightning spells and the Paralyze passive might actually paralyze something.

Well, my take on multiboxing is that the whole idea is very lame.

Just why would you want to own 4 accounts and play with 4 characters at the same time?

I totally don't understand this.

As far as theorycrafting goes though, I think that four wizards with lightning spells and the Paralyze passive might actually paralyze something.

I think they do it for quadruple loot/xp/gold... I think with some stun/freeze procs it might work. However, I dont dont if you can find those on low level items.

I'm not sure what a key clone is but if it's as simple as it sounds, as per a recent blue post this is not allowed (though interpretation is debatable) and in my opinion shouldn't be either.

Multiboxing is absolutely allowed and I think I recall that isboxer is the one tool you can use without being afraid of getting banned. After all, you need one thing to propagate input to 4 different accounts, otherwise you can't do multiboxing (unless you're Shiva). I'm not a huge fan of multiboxing either, but it's perfectly legal.

As for the idea, sounds interesting; but I don't think it's reliable enough to do it on hardcore. Keep in mind that 8% is quite low, even if multiplied by 4; and also keep in mind that there are diminishing returns and the 65% cap to CC (see http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7100052/).
    Multiboxing this and that and becouse blah blah.

OT: You can try it, but lightning stun % is really unreliable, but add there 4 enchoing fury for fear proc and few other items with random cc chances and screen will be perma-cced.Storm armor is a huge EHP loss, perhaps even too huge for hardcore - although MP0 is easy but random server spike can go a long way towards reducing your gang in numbers:P
    Well ty for all the replys!
    First of all about the multiboxing, i do it mainly cause its fun and it is soooo beautiful sometimes (see 4 tempest rush monks running around with sweeping wind <3)
    The profit part is just a niice bonus (by that i mean more loot)
    And since inigo_montoya has been multiboxing while streaming and gotten a pretty wide known name, and he has not even got warned i dont fear me getting banned ^^

Anyways back to the original topic, yeah i was thinking of getting like a EF or maybe a azurewrath and some frezze/stun on hit item after i read your replys!
    And then stack vit,AR,armor,CC and AS while trying to maintain atleast little bit of int.
    LOH i figured would be pretty niice to with all the spells around.
    MP0 all the way from hell onwards and gearing VERY tanky all the time :)
    The lightning stun proc chance seems too low to be of much use. If your goal is to stunlock then 1 well geared wizard can pretty much already aoe stunlock with a CM build using frost nova, so 4 multiboxed wizards shouldn't have the least bit of trouble doing it even with super budget gear. If you're just trying to explore builds then I'm sure there's many interesting builds that could work for a multiboxer that wouldn't for individual players.

On the subject of multiboxing, it actually makes a lot of sense for d3. It's relatively cheap to do, you can profit more by doing it, you can gain lots of synergy without the drawback of coordinating multiple people, and it opens up builds that otherwise wouldn't work.
    Yeah was thinkling of going cm but i didnt like the thought of bieng in the middle of stuff :o
    Hence why i thought of electrocute/paralysis, since it has way longer range!

any1 got ideas for some other build that could work with multiboxing?
    Got 4 monks and 4 barbs on SC and im leveling 4 wizards on HC (havent gotten anywhere, wizards suck at really early levels :( no spells D: )

OMG my spelling i doesn't seam to be able to spell today sorry but i CBA to fix it atm :(
    I'm not going to give builds much thought unless I decide to do it myself, but an obvious thing to do is mix group buffs by using different classes or if you choose to use multiples of the same class then only spec one of them into a particular group buff.

Be careful about efficiency though, I saw one multibox streamer that wasted all their time picking up junk like potions and gems on all 4 characters almost every kill and even though they get 4x loot they seemed to be farming 10x slower than a single account would. I think I watched 30-60 minutes and they never even got a legendary.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes