No love for the Wizard

Quote from Zeel

You can do the exact samething on a wizard as you are doing on a barb still dose not matter as you still are "shooting yourself in the leg" not going for the optimal builds i lvled from 60 para to 62 with a hydra build out of boredom worked just fine not the fastest or the "best" but worked just fine for me.

I disagree. What makes the barb builds good is that you can gain decent farming speed with any build by just swapping Sprint in. The rest is optimization. Of course HotA or Rend/Revenge will be slower than Double Tornado, but still are perfectly viable in terms of going from one fight to the next. Sprint makes any build viable for sub-optimal farming.
    The Wizard has no such thing. Either you pick your whole setup to max dps in Archon form (and you go still slower than a Double Tornado barb) or you go something else and fall far behind even the sub-optimal barb builds because your only MS bonus requires you to get hit.

Quote from Zeel

And with the gear on your barb witch is a lot of worse than my barbs(you use a skorn as well my barb is DW also really no max MS ?) http://eu.battle.net...8/hero/10522863 I would never run anything but WW barb with your lvl of gear if you think the builds you are running at your gear lvl are optimal or even decent you are sadly misstaken.

I swap in cheap Lacuni's for farming so I get max MS bonus.
    Skorn is much better IMO for high MP HotA builds - I can't afford a DW weapon set as for now.

Quote from Zeel

To me as someone who cleared inferno pre damage nerfs with a wizard I think its more the lack of "skill" and I use the word "skill" losely in a game that is 99% gear based 0.5% luck and 0.5% skill based to execute alternative sub par builds. Seeing as on a wizard they need to stay at "range" is needed in most other builds not with CM in them I think its more of a you issue than a game issue, even though I will not argue with on that point that wizard could use some changes besides + % damage buffs wich I think is a poor way to fix anything with any class 90% of the time.

I agree with you here.
    Quote from Pietrov

Quote from Zeel

You can do the exact samething on a wizard as you are doing on a barb still dose not matter as you still are "shooting yourself in the leg" not going for the optimal builds i lvled from 60 para to 62 with a hydra build out of boredom worked just fine not the fastest or the "best" but worked just fine for me.

I disagree. What makes the barb builds good is that you can gain decent farming speed with any build by just swapping Sprint in. The rest is optimization. Of course HotA or Rend/Revenge will be slower than Double Tornado, but still are perfectly viable in terms of going from one fight to the next. Sprint makes any build viable for sub-optimal farming.
    The Wizard has no such thing. Either you pick your whole setup to max dps in Archon form (and you go still slower than a Double Tornado barb) or you go something else and fall far behind even the sub-optimal barb builds because your only MS bonus requires you to get hit.

Quote from Zeel

And with the gear on your barb witch is a lot of worse than my barbs(you use a skorn as well my barb is DW also really no max MS ?) http://eu.battle.net...8/hero/10522863 I would never run anything but WW barb with your lvl of gear if you think the builds you are running at your gear lvl are optimal or even decent you are sadly misstaken.

I swap in cheap Lacuni's for farming so I get max MS bonus.
    Skorn is much better IMO for high MP HotA builds - I can't afford a DW weapon set as for now.

Quote from Zeel

To me as someone who cleared inferno pre damage nerfs with a wizard I think its more the lack of "skill" and I use the word "skill" losely in a game that is 99% gear based 0.5% luck and 0.5% skill based to execute alternative sub par builds. Seeing as on a wizard they need to stay at "range" is needed in most other builds not with CM in them I think its more of a you issue than a game issue, even though I will not argue with on that point that wizard could use some changes besides + % damage buffs wich I think is a poor way to fix anything with any class 90% of the time.

I agree with you here.

Ever Heard of storm armor with scramble rune? add that + teleport and you will have very good speed farmming as a wizard.

Edit: thats what I do on my wizard but with archon ;D
    That's what I wrote, bro - the part about Wizard's only way to increase MS is to get hit.
    A Wizard is not quite supposed to get hit, in my opinion.
    pretty hard to not get damaged from trash every now and then imo i mainly avoid big mobs and packs damage wise.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes