Super stuck with gearing

I read various topics and am totally at loss at what to upgrade next? I don't want to play CM/WW build - any suggestions what should be my next buy?

profile @ http://eu.battle.net...996/hero/301699
    buy a chantodo mainhand with sox (about 100m starting for 1050dps EU)
    and an amulet with CC CD and LOH .. optional atkspeed and +dam + mainstat you know the drill 100m+

that will give you CM wizzard on a very good setup,
    also complete chantodo set always good ( you willl need apoc as a random stat von chantodo) 350m +
    Quote from Jalatiphra

buy a chantodo mainhand with sox (about 100m starting for 1050dps EU)
    and an amulet with CC CD and LOH .. optional atkspeed and +dam + mainstat you know the drill 100m+

that will give you CM wizzard on a very good setup,
    also complete chantodo set always good ( you willl need apoc as a random stat von chantodo) 350m +

He said he DOESNT want to go CMWW.

I'd go for a Triumvirate for extra dps. Your build is a little all over the place but if you're looking at making a perma-Archon set, you can ignore APoC on the OH, or look for one with APoC and use WW with CM to refresh Archon. The APoC route will be about 10x the price though.

Pretty much every other slot besides OH seems like it will cost quite a bit of money. I think your amulet is pretty close to the dps of a decent tal ammy, and any tal with more than just crit damage is going to cost a lot. You've got pretty good defenses and hp, you just need more DPS, imo. You can eek out a little more dps by switching up the build a little, adding MW and Sparkflint, but you didn't ask about build advice.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    I guess you are using the apoc offhand for disintegrate. So a triumvirate my not do the job but in terms of dps its clearly the better choice. Thngs i would consider changing - depends on the mp you are farming:

- Gems in Chest

Nearly 60k HP is quite alot. Even for like mp7 you wont need that much. Gemming 3 topaz will net you 150 int and a huge damage boost.

- Rings and Amu

I guess you are using both rings for the mf bonus? If not i would replace the litany with a zuni pox. Depends on your budget try get one with crit chance and avg. dmg. Your current neck has max. cc but a low int roll and ccd could be higher too. In terms of dps you might just go for a rare amu with +100int, +8,5%cc at least 75% ccd and +45avg. Those are fairly cheap atm on eu since many people selling their amulets in prep for patch 1.07.

- Zuni Boots

Your ehp is quite high even without ice climbers. When going for zuni pox i would buy a decent pair of zuni trails. The 2pc bonus makes up for loosing some int on iceclimbers and the litany but the "adds 8% to poison dmg" is a great damage buff for you. Either look for some with all res or go for phys res.
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    Thanks guys for the advice.
    I guess I'll go some AH shopping now :)
    i should learn to read...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes