High budget CM gear

I ll be fast and simple. I sold (still selling some) my barbs gear cause i was really bored of him.
    My budget is now at 1.6 Billion gold and will be at 2 Billion max when all barb gear is sold.
    Need an expert cm wizard advice for gearing my wizard.
    I m used to play on mp10 with barb and i dont intent to play lower with my wizard. Keep that in mind plz :P
    Thanks in advance!!!
    i suggest reading the cm/ww guide that's stickied up top of forum, shooting for 2.73 attack speed breakpoint and then gearing up from there. nats boots + ring blackthornes pants + neck, tal chest crit lacuni's chantodo's set and probably mempo with crit. ... you can have a look at my wiz, about 200 million gold on her maybe more

ghonosyph#1821

i dont have nearly the budget you do, but i can definitely help you gear up :)
    have fun mashing your face into the keyboard :D
    Working with adobe and/or java is like pushing a paper clip against a building and expecting it to move...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7
    ggearing for cmww is pretty effin simple tbh, the hard part comes from budget limitations and maxing your ehp while also getting up to the attack speed you need along with crit /crit dmg/life on hit.

it's all a matter of how much you want to sacrifice for what you need :)
    I suggest Loroese's guide
    Thanks for the help, i got some items to pass 2.73 attack speed, the rest i took from my WD, till i decide what else to buy.

The main CM set (Chant's set, Blackthorne's set) I own was in the range of 750-850M gold a few weeks ago, so look for similar pricing. The rest will cost several billion, so you try toning down the crit damage and focus more on IAS and CC to heavily reduce the prices. Don't neglect armor and all resist. The items I use will reach over 240K unbuffed DPS, somewhere between 500-600K unbuffed EHP, 19 APoC, 55% unbuffed CC, and 3.01 APS.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    In. Your. Face. :>

@Jaetch: What do you estimate is the cost of creating an Archon MP10 wizard? Since he seems to be looking for a wizard farming spec, I'm wondering if with his budget he'd be able to create at least something that makes MP10 w/ Archon feasible. CMWW is not really a farming spec, unless you're fine with buying a new keyboard once a week.
    With a budget of 1.5-2bil you can probably get around 150-200k dps with 850 resists, 5500 armor, 50-55% crit, 20 APoC, 2.73 APS, 40k hp, 1500 LoH. With those stats you can solo MP10 Ubers without much trouble in the higest dps varient of CMWW, SNS. If you sacrifice too many defensive stats you wont be able to use SNS so you'll lose out on a lot of effective dps, but if you don't care about Ubers, then you can probably lose a bit of the defensive stats for extra DPS, though if you drop too many the electrified+RD mobs will really hurt.

As others said, you can look at my guide for a list of stats on items to look for, and most of the legendary and set items you'll be aiming for. If you look at my profile now, you can get a good idea of the items to aim for. My gear only cost me around 300 mil so you can get higher DPS versions, like trifecta rings, gloves, maybe trifecta amulet with LoH. The defensive stats on my gear add up to 800 resists and just under 5k armor. Eeking out more armor is tough and expensive, but can be worthwhile. Some rings worth looking at are Unity (with IAS and crit, has LoH), Skull Grasp (similar to unity, not sure how many rolls it gets, think it has armor though), and just plain rare rings. Instead of the Nat's set, you can probably just jump right to Zuni set with trifecta ring and Armor/All resist boots. I think that's what the higher geared SNS wizards are talking about doing on the official forums.

As far as farming with the build, it's not an XP farming build, but if you plan to farm MP10 you probably already know that. It will probably be most efficient at MP6-8, in terms of rares and legendaries per hour, but won't have any problems at MP10. I can farm MP10 in my CMWW gear, it's just horribly efficient and I prefer low MP for loot and xp, since I can still use xp.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    Quote from Bagstone

@Jaetch: What do you estimate is the cost of creating an Archon MP10 wizard? Since he seems to be looking for a wizard farming spec, I'm wondering if with his budget he'd be able to create at least something that makes MP10 w/ Archon feasible. CMWW is not really a farming spec, unless you're fine with buying a new keyboard once a week.

Er... as far as I know, the only wizards so far that are capable of farming MP10 as straight Archon with relative ease are people with over 400K unbuffed DPS and 400K unbuffed EHP. So based on the market when I last checked... which was weeks ago, it will be around the 10 billion gold range to fully gear up. By then, the only things that cause any significant problems are Extra Health mobs with affixes that force you to change positions (Fire Chains, Frozen). Oh... and Jailers. They're actually annoying now.

I use: http://us.battle.net...XjSO!WYg!ccaacc

Cold-blooded with Scoundrel wielding a high pierce+freeze Buriza do-Kyanon and spec'd with Hysteria for the constant damage boost is actually really, really, really useful.
    @Jaetch
    i see u use Zunimassa Pox and Trail in CM gear. whether it would be better to use ice climbers or something else for raise eph for CM build...
    i dont know iam confused.
    i like archon and big dps. but its worthless on higher MP levesl. now i have some money to spend, but dont know where. do i ned to switch for cm or feed my dear archon with more dps ...
    dunno
    Quote from lignja8

@Jaetch
    i see u use Zunimassa Pox and Trail in CM gear. whether it would be better to use ice climbers or something else for raise eph for CM build...
    i dont know iam confused.
    i like archon and big dps. but its worthless on higher MP levesl. now i have some money to spend, but dont know where. do i ned to switch for cm or feed my dear archon with more dps ...
    dunno

I never intended to go full CM, so I didn't purchase additional gear other than the true necessities (IAS, CC, APoC). Yes, a top roll Ice Climbers would be great, but unfortunately the Zuni Trail I have is one of the best you can possibly get.

On a side note relevant to the topic...

I'm piecing out my wizard's gear, so maybe OP would like to buy my CM set? :D
    I'm afraid that building a cm wizard after you got bored with barb is not such a good idea :) It is probably most boring build of all in d3, perma stunlock makes things pretty repetitive.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes