Looking for advise

Hello, long time reader on this forum, and atm I'm looking into getting my Wiz into some serious grinding mode, and I need some advise on what items I should go for next.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tjacu-2133/hero/8228

That is my hero, and I'd like to know what I should focus on upgrading or getting, atm playing as a CMWW with 2.51 unbuffed, and I really wonder what to go for next item, I know my AR and HP are pathethic, but all items I seem to find aren't worth that much on the AH (atleast now) reading abit today, I do think that a Tri would benefit me abit (if I go archon that is, but I love the CMWW build to much really)
    First of all, what's your budget? Recommendations would be based on this.

Secondly, are you set on CMWW build? Then read Loroese'e guide for lots of input. Otherwise, I just wrote a guide about wizard gear in general, not tied to any particular build; however, it's definitely a lot to read - no idea if it will ever be helpful for anyone.

Some first thoughts while glancing at your gear: get rid of Zuni boots - you don't have a black weapon, therefore you won't get much out of the poison damage bonus (read here what a black weapon is). You should be able to get some EHP here. Other slots to get more EHP are pants and your rare ring; that's where I would start upgrading.
    my budget is very small, really, mostly because my IRL friends do play everything except a WD so all the gear I find that can be good for them, goto them first (instead of selling on AH)

I do have a Black weapon in my stach, and things die quickly still on MP3 (key farming, and I only die when FN and DS is on CD aka mobs that just died didn't reset it)
    If you're really really short on money, put all your stats into a spreadsheet (like Loroese's one) and check if you can't replace some of your legendaries with rares. For example, your Witching Hour costs a lot of EHP and you can sell if on the AH for a lot of money, get a decent EHP-heavy rare belt. You can compensate for the loss of IAS by getting another weapon with IAS (Chantodo's can have up to 1.8 APS [1.79 actually, thanks Loroese!]). The life steal on your Chantodo's is also an expensive stat, people might buy this for some millions, but LoH (e.g., on a Blackthorne's pants, an amulet, or a Storm Crow helm) works much better for CMWW (if you decide to stay with that spec).

Hm, it might really be worthwhile to take the time and read the guides, I guess - you might find some ideas to save a lot of money and still improve your gear.
    my chantodos did cost me 200k, soo reselling it might be a good idea then, aslong as I don't break the build
    Quote from Bagstone
    (Chantodo's can have up to 1.8 APS).
    Just want to clarify, Chanto caps out at 1.79. For some reason they can't roll 11% IAS, or 9% IAS for that matter, so the max is 1.4*1.1+0.25 = 1.54+0.25 = 1.79.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    Thanks, somehow I thought I had seen a 1.8 one once, but you're totally right. Also corrected that mistake in my guide ;-)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes