It's another wizardette looking for assistance in gear upgrades.

Hello, after being too lazy to sort out my account on here but reading the forums for a while I have made the effort to register because firstly I would like to be able to state my own opinions and questions as well as secondly being the fact I have to admit I am not sure where to go now for my next gear upgrade..

I have been a fan of Jaetch for a few weeks now but unable to speak to them because I either don't know how or do not know a way to do so via these forums but I have been following roughly how their gear has been going in gear upgrades but I am not sure which step to take next. (But it's nice to have someone to admire and respect at least)

Currently I have 10million and I can see I need to aim for at least 20million for a decent upgrade now for the gear I possess on my Wizard but I could be wrong.

I am gearing to get more life regen and more attack speed whilst keeping the stats I currently have and increasing intelligence most of alll, I am thinking I should gain sufficient intelligence to be able to ditch some resall as well as life regen.

I comfortably farm MP1 but I can manage MP2 at a slower pace depening on how lucky I am with monsters etc.

http://eu.battle.net...548/hero/851327

Thank you for looking :) (but please note that I have new gloves and have spent some gold into making a 31% exp gem for my hat so that won't update for a few hours.)
    I wouldn't worry about life regen as Archon, with the LS from your Mh you should be fine. Otherwise you could use blood magic rune for a bit more. You should be able to survive decently well in MP1-2 with a little less resists, if needed. I think I'm around 840 resist and just under 5k armor with 25k hp and I farm MP2 fine, most of the time, though I'm at 210k dps atm.

I really don't know anything about EU AH prices, so I can't comment on where and how to spend your gold but maybe look into getting an Andy's visage. You'll lose the vit, a little int, and 1.5% crit but you'll gain 8-9% IAS. I don't know what the price for them with a socket is though. Zuni'sTrail (boots) will be a dps upgrade, and depending on cost you can find one with the same vit to not lose hp, plus you'd gain 55 resists from the set bonus. If it were US AH I'd recommend upgrading your OH since there's a lot of room for extra dps from that.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    That's already useful information for me thank you :) I also noticed that after switching from the Scoundrel follower (Sorry Troy Baker <3) to the Enchantress that she has increased movement speed but I'm really not sure how much it increases by and what it is that actually does it, she definitely does as I have noticed my speed increase when she catches up with me from a death. It has made my runs much more quicker.. I also think she may gave 1 or 2 pickup range too.
    Are you sure you weren't under the effect of the Fleeting Shrine? It increases movement speed and pick up radius. Kinda coincidental :P
    Save up some gold and you can switch to a Tal Rasha's chest which will net you a lot more DPS than Zuni Marrow (and also considering your chest has very little vitality, it'll work out). Replace Fire Walkers with Zuni Trail and you will keep the set bonus. Zuni Trails with massive vitality and no resist are actually not that pricey compared to this with all resist. Your HP could use some work, but at lower MP levels, it doesn't really matter since nothing will be able to touch you anyway.

Replace your Unity with something with critical hit damage and crit chance when you can. Use a spreadsheet to do this since you want to make the gold you spend absolutely worth it. Andariel's Visage is actually a pretty good choice for bigger DPS, though like mentioned, you'll lose the vitality since you want one with a socket.

Your life steal main hand is nice and you can worry about upgrading that last (I personally hold onto my life steal weapon on the side for high MPs). Well, thanks for using my wizard as a guide, though I don't recommend trying to get to the level I'm in too fast because that involves periodic real money investments on top of the farming I already do. After I hit about 250K DPS unbuffed, I started investing when I realized I could have a shot to make it to the DPS leaderboards around the country/world. Depends on your personal goals, I guess.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    hello there

looking at ur stats, i think that u should upgrade ur EHP>DPS. Maybe getting vilewards with VIt or maybe oven the tal rasha head as it gives some nice +% life. Lately i discovered the Blood Magic rune on Force Weapon for myself and i gotta tell u, that (provided u have the EHP) it works insanely well, as i now am able to facetank reflect-dmg-mobs on MP5 without any problems.

if u are just looking for dps upgrades however, id highly recommend to get (as some already advised) a tal-rashas chest and maybe even some innas-pants (each piece upgraded my dps by app. 10-15k). But as said: imo u should upgrade ur EHP first.
    Quote from maka

Are you sure you weren't under the effect of the Fleeting Shrine? It increases movement speed and pick up radius. Kinda coincidental :P

Very sure, I had a fleeting shrine twice in the run I was testing the Enchantress with and I knew the difference, it wasn't *that* fast :P

Quote from Jaetch

Save up some gold and you can switch to a Tal Rasha's chest which will net you a lot more DPS than Zuni Marrow (and also considering your chest has very little vitality, it'll work out). Replace Fire Walkers with Zuni Trail and you will keep the set bonus. Zuni Trails with massive vitality and no resist are actually not that pricey compared to this with all resist. Your HP could use some work, but at lower MP levels, it doesn't really matter since nothing will be able to touch you anyway.

Replace your Unity with something with critical hit damage and crit chance when you can. Use a spreadsheet to do this since you want to make the gold you spend absolutely worth it. Andariel's Visage is actually a pretty good choice for bigger DPS, though like mentioned, you'll lose the vitality since you want one with a socket.

Your life steal main hand is nice and you can worry about upgrading that last (I personally hold onto my life steal weapon on the side for high MPs). Well, thanks for using my wizard as a guide, though I don't recommend trying to get to the level I'm in too fast because that involves periodic real money investments on top of the farming I already do. After I hit about 250K DPS unbuffed, I started investing when I realized I could have a shot to make it to the DPS leaderboards around the country/world. Depends on your personal goals, I guess.

Thank you for your feedback ^_^. I have found some Zunimassa boots and a Tal Rasha chest and gained around 15-18k dps roughly and 100 vitality, I did lose 79 resall but I think mine was a little high anyway. I will work on my ring next and then work on upgrading those items overall, I am away I am quite low in EHP and I am at a comfortable dps level for MP1 so in order to get to MP2 I need to work on my survivability.
    Excuse me but i am sure you can handle even mp3 comfortably.

This is me in my MF gear. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sheevah-2398/hero/773391

You have more EHP than me and and Life steal i am smashing through stuff in Mp3 act 3 to boredom. Only way i die is to reflect packs when i nuke them in archon before noticing they're reflect.But "human" form makes them very doable.
    And i can manage with only a couple deaths in act1 mp5.
    And i am no way a better player than you or anyone reading.
    I think you should change your spec a bit as Jaetch's spec (you said you copy him) is for jaetch and his 500k dps.We're at a lower lvl so we need to adapt accordingly.
    Just my opinion.
    Ignorance is Bliss.
    Try Shock Pulse - Piercing Orb and Prismatic Armor if you lose Archon form and need to buy time/kite. It's what I did for a while until my crit chance and attack speed went through the roof to use Forked Lightning. Scramble is really only for MP1 because most mobs just tickle you. You'll need Energy Armor's EHP boost to survive in higher MPs (I still use Energy Armor in MP5+).
    Yeah, Energy Armour is pretty much a must if you're not just trampling mobs.
    If I need energy armor to survive, I prefer to drop the difficulty so I can use storm armor. Scramble for Archon or Shocking aspect for CM. They increase efficiency by a decent amount in my experience.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    Loroese, you know I bow down to you (and Jaetch) when it comes to Wizard knowledge, but this question depends a lot on what you like to do when playing. I prefer to play on MP2, even if it's much more of a challenge and I die sometimes, than to steamroll all over MP0.
    If you're talking going from MP6 to MP 4 or 5, then I'd agree with you.

Yes, I know, my gear sucks.
    Maka you're doing very well for someone who doesn't use the AH.

And you're right. Play how you want. This is a game and you're meant to do whatever you want in a game in order to have fun (other than the fact that this is an online game so you have to adhere to online rules like no exploiting and botting). Some people enjoy experimenting and theorycrafting (Loroese), and some people want to dominate the world, or try to (me).
    Quote from Jaetch

Some people enjoy experimenting and theorycrafting (Loroese), and some people want to dominate the world, or try to (me).

we wish u to reach your goal.
    Cause u r helping us and share ur wisdom with us
    and hope that u ll put us (all your supporters) as your generals ;)

sorry for little offtopic:/
    i think the biggest upgrade you can get is a good Int/Vit or Int/All Resistance Witching Hour.
    @Jaetch: thanks, man. It's an uphill struggle, especially 'having to' distribute the drops I get between the 5 classes, but I think it's the right way for me to play. When I first reached Inferno (late May/early June, so pre-nerf) and was having my ass handed to me, I bought a weapon in the AH. Went into the game, used it, didn't feel 'right' so I went right back to the AH and sold it for a profit :P
    Never looked back. Slightly insane.

Quote from Jaetch

Some people enjoy experimenting and theorycrafting (Loroese), and some people want to dominate the world, or try to (me).

Ha! Dude, your wizard is absolutely insane, I'll be rooting for you to reach the DPS top in DProgress.

EDIT: DAMN! Found two upgrades for my little wiz last night, was quite excited.

Quote from Sheevah

Excuse me but i am sure you can handle even mp3 comfortably.

This is me in my MF gear. http://eu.battle.net...398/hero/773391

You have more EHP than me and and Life steal i am smashing through stuff in Mp3 act 3 to boredom. Only way i die is to reflect packs when i nuke them in archon before noticing they're reflect.But "human" form makes them very doable.
    And i can manage with only a couple deaths in act1 mp5.
    And i am no way a better player than you or anyone reading.
    I think you should change your spec a bit as Jaetch's spec (you said you copy him) is for jaetch and his 500k dps.We're at a lower lvl so we need to adapt accordingly.
    Just my opinion.

I agree with you on this and I do try to adjust, as for spec I use what feels comfortable, I'm awfully impatient when it comes to running on my runs and I love fleeting shrines for this reason, hating to stop or waste any time, I may try MP3 though with a change to prismatic armour back to the gain in resall (can't remember rune names for the life of me right now) as I tried MP3 earlier today in Act III and ended up getting a bit impatient with how slow it took to kill elites and I was getting out of Archon form too quickly for my liking, I was dying more often too.

I admit I have been naive in thinking I can just upgrade my gear, keep my spec and trondle along with the same spec until eventually I reach MP10.

Today I have been farming for keys with someone asking if anyone would like to join them in MP5 key runs, I joined in and we did a lot of runs and I gained a few unlucky legendary and set items until I stumbled upon this gem which I am hoping to sell in the EU auction house for gold or euros.

Image removed due to its file extension: http://www.diablofans.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=3970

Also hehe at Maka, checked your profile and giggled that you had 259999 kills :P
    ^^Haha yeah, hadn't noticed that. Gonna go kill one more monster :P
    Just an update but if you view my profile now you'll see I've had a few upgrades and spec change too :) am now looking into getting a new ring after spending 120mil on the new belt and 29mil on the new trousers. The EU auction house is expensive sadly.

I am now also farming on MP2 Act III rather comfortably.
    I seem to have a hard time making a topic of my own, so I hope the OP doesn't mind:

I need the exact same thing as NorikoNeko did - some help with my gear.

I'm farming Act III MP5 with ease and MP6 slightly less efficiently. I feel that my DPS is somewhat low however and I am wondering if there are any pieces I should replace ASAP for a large DPS boost (without costing too much defense) as well as which stats I should go for and which I can ditch without breaking a sweat

Thanks!

Wizard profile: Nellys#2932
    en/profile/Nellys-2932/hero/2834530
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes