Help me be less squishy

So, I'm finally at basically 130k dps. But my issue is how squishy I am. At mp2 if I get stuck in a mob I will die. At mp4 or so elites just roll me. I need to be less squishy, but I don't want to really loose any dps in the process. What skills should I change to be efficient at doing ubers? Or do I need to change gear?

Here is my profile.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wetzeb-1968/hero/14517300
    You have like 400 all res, no life steal and just a tiny amount of loh....Running a glass canonn gearset and wonder why you get stomped? Your gear is more supposed to farm mp1. In terms of your spec i would suggest a more "proper archon spec".

http://eu.battle.net...SjOm!fgY!.acacZ

You get 2 damage improvements, some more survivability from energy armor and diamond skin(when outside archon) and a bit of lifesteal from magic wep. The 1,5% lifeleech isnt great but should help when fighting reflect packs. Still you have to be a bit careful when fighting reflect mobs in archon to not kill yourself in a heartbeat. :P

For primary skill use what ever you like the most. Energy Twister/Wicked Wind is one of the effiecent spells to get back into archon real fast. A wep with apoc to swap when outside of archon is used by many ppl when running with et/ww spec.

In terms of gear i would change 3 things. New gloves with +9% crit and +40% crit dmg or some trifactor with lower int. Then i would change the chest and get a zuni chest. Sure you loose the ias from tal chest but ias is just "sheet dps" which doesnt realy matter for archon. You will get a good chunk of resist from zuni chest and further the 3pc. After those upgrades i would buy a better tals amu. Get one with 6% elemental dmg and high avg. dmg roll. Even if you loose like 20 int its worth in terms of damage.
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    Thanks. I still have my Zuni chest. I did notice a huge change from the Zuni to the Tal chest. I think the total dps change shows quite a bit. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 20k or so. I have some trifetcia gloves but if I use them I would lose life which is not what I'm going for right now. The amulet though I don't have so I will look into that more.

That build that you posted has glass cannon as a passive...isn't that something I should stray from?
    Refreshing to see someone interested in defense, as most people these days just want the highest possible DPS.

I have a very defensive spec with focus on future PVP, so you can take a look and see some alternative gear pieces that are more defensive in nature. For example, while Inna's pants are the most offensive item for the pants slot, the defensive stats are sub-par.

In terms of defensive gear suggestions, perhaps change Inna's to either Depth Digger's or Blackthorne's, and make up the 12% move speed with a set of Lacuni Prowlers. The 5.5% crit you lose shouldn't be a huge deal if you're not doing the CM spec. Having gear with life recover stats (LoH, LS, LAK, Regen) also help tremendously.

In terms skills, you can swap Storm Armor for Prismatic Armor for the defensive boots. Hope this helps!
    OFFENSIVE STATS: 126K Unbuffed DPS • 183K Buffed DPS • 2.25 APS • +24% Movement Speed
    DEFENSIVE STATS: 1.07M Unbuffed EHP • 102K Life • 2,269 Life on Hit • 674 Life per Sec • 23.5% Dodge
    Quote from Wetzeb

Thanks. I still have my Zuni chest. I did notice a huge change from the Zuni to the Tal chest. I think the total dps change shows quite a bit. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 20k or so. I have some trifetcia gloves but if I use them I would lose life which is not what I'm going for right now. The amulet though I don't have so I will look into that more.

That build that you posted has glass cannon as a passive...isn't that something I should stray from?
    Lets do the math.

For Dmg/DPS

130k dps -20k loosing when going back to zuni chest = 110k dps x 1,1(magic wep) x 1,12(familiar) x 1,15(glass canonn) = +155k dps. So you gain like 25k dps from changing just the spec even when switching to zuni chest. ;)

For Resist

Currently approx 400 resist. Lets assume a zuni chest with same int/vit and just 70 all res. So you get 525 all resist unbuffed. 525 x 1,25(energy armor) = approx 656 x 0,9 (loosing 10% from glass canonn passive) = 590

So just from switching 1 item and the spec you will gain a total of 25k dps and about 200 res and further more a higher armor value. Which ends up in same killing speed, higher resist/armor and getting some lifesteal...
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    Thanks Shinna. I've considered changing some of my skills around I just don't really know what to do. I also have a huge issue of overcoming muscle memory. For some reason I love to cast storm armor all the time (well, after each major mob I encounter). It's weird that I do it and I even do it when I'm playing a barb too.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes