Wiz upgrade / DPS increase or RES all? Advice needed.

My current profile is in europe Nym#2634 http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nym-2634/hero/488442

I already have some lacuni with 4% cc that I can use and inna's pants that with +50 int gems that increase my dps for 9k+ and some life too

The question is I can buy Tal Rashas chest for even more DPS increase (and a little bit of life) but if i replace all those I will lose more than 230 All Rez!

On the other hand, I want to increase the attack speed (and maybe some cc in the near future) so I can use the same gear for archon and CM builds or even, why not, a hybrid archon / cm build!

I know I could buy a zuni pox ring and gain some all rez from there but would that be enough?

Also with my current money I can buy a tal rashas that will increase my dps for about 18k dmg but my tyrael's might is pretty good actually. 15% dmg to demons and 3% to elites isn't actually more than the 18k dmg from a new tal rashas considering I am doing almost 230k dmg?
    After all, isn't every (almost and esp in act3) a demon?
    What should I do?

TL/DR
    1.should I replace my current Tyrael's might with a new tal rashas that would increase my sheet dps for 18k+ dmg?
    2. consider that i have lacunies with 4% cc and innas that increase my dps for 9k and if i replace all those I will lose 230+ res all.

Propose possible alternatives!
    Thanks in advance and thanks for your time.
    Depends what kind of mp you are farming. Droping 230 all res equals to have something around 400 res unbuffed which is quite low for anything higher then mp3. Consider you are running archon without lifesteal wep i would say it wont work on anything higher then mp2...
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    I would certainly replace the chest, yes. If you're worried about losing too much EHP, you can get it back on your boots or one of your rings. You need to replace your rings when you go CMWW anyways (need crit chance, not crit damage on them).

That being said, it's unlikely that you can use the same gear for Archon and CMWW. CMWW needs a fair amount of LoH; pants are one good place to start with that, and Inna's are actually pretty bad for that spec because you lose a shitload of EHP on an EHP-heavy slot. You also don't need that much movement speed for CMWW, so you don't need the Lacuni's. Last but not least, Archon works with 300-400 allres (you're a bit squishy, but it can work, especially because you play on lower MPs) while CMWW needs a bunch of armor and 700+ allres. I guess gear that works for both specs is very very expensive and you would still switch 1-2 items.
    Quote from Shinna1989

Depends what kind of mp you are farming. Droping 230 all res equals to have something around 400 res unbuffed which is quite low for anything higher then mp3. Consider you are running archon without lifesteal wep i would say it wont work on anything higher then mp2...
    Quote from Nymrael

My current profile is in europe Nym#2634 http://eu.battle.net...634/hero/488442

I already have some lacuni with 4% cc that I can use and inna's pants that with +50 int gems that increase my dps for 9k+ and some life too

The question is I can buy Tal Rashas chest for even more DPS increase (and a little bit of life) but if i replace all those I will lose more than 230 All Rez!

On the other hand, I want to increase the attack speed (and maybe some cc in the near future) so I can use the same gear for archon and CM builds or even, why not, a hybrid archon / cm build!

I know I could buy a zuni pox ring and gain some all rez from there but would that be enough?

Also with my current money I can buy a tal rashas that will increase my dps for about 18k dmg but my tyrael's might is pretty good actually. 15% dmg to demons and 3% to elites isn't actually more than the 18k dmg from a new tal rashas considering I am doing almost 230k dmg?
    After all, isn't every (almost and esp in act3) a demon?
    What should I do?

TL/DR
    1.should I replace my current Tyrael's might with a new tal rashas that would increase my sheet dps for 18k+ dmg?
    2. consider that i have lacunies with 4% cc and innas that increase my dps for 9k and if i replace all those I will lose 230+ res all.

Propose possible alternatives!
    Thanks in advance and thanks for your time.

hay brother wizard ;)

i suggest to go for higher dps
    here is my caracter http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/sablja-2313/hero/849368
    i like big dps so everything melt so quickly
    AR is too expencive so i look in vitality + armor
    just to remind 10 armor = 1 AR

my advice is, yes buy tal rasha chest with load of vitality, armor and AR if u have money

u can wear inns , but must use some big deff on boots. i suggest ice climbers
    try to use dps tables and simulate what u need to ballans for best performace ...

but nowdasy dps is not important, much better thing is stying alive
    so CM/WW or CM/LL is gold duck

gl
    Thanks for your answers, i did replace the pants with inna's, still have my depth diggers though.
    I 'll try to replace one ring with zuni pox with (has res all) and then I'll see where i can go from there. Maybe I can get another ring with res all.

I think it is really possible to get archon / cm builds work with the same gear just not in very high mp lvls.

Keep the conversation up, it is really interesting.
    It's a lot easier to use your CMWW gear for Archon than the other way around, but typically you'll have a few different Archon pieces, like black weapon, triumvirate OH, tal neck, inna's pants, and andy's visage helm (assuming you don't have a CC mempo). Depending on your CM gear you might also swap to Zuni boots and ring for Archon. At least those are all the pieces I swap, plus the rings. Now that I think about it that means I only keep shoulders, belt, and my Tal Chest between the two specs.

I have a table for EHP vs MP level for CM builds, so if you want to know what sort of armor/resist values you have to keep in order to farm a givem MP level, look at my CMWW guide and scroll to the bottom. The values are based on 35k hp, 600-800+LoH (you can get those from Storm Crow + Blackthorn, or other ways), and high APS (2.5+), but they work pretty well for key farming.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    Quote from Loroese

It's a lot easier to use your CMWW gear for Archon than the other way around, but typically you'll have a few different Archon pieces, like black weapon, triumvirate OH, tal neck, inna's pants, and andy's visage helm (assuming you don't have a CC mempo). Depending on your CM gear you might also swap to Zuni boots and ring for Archon. At least those are all the pieces I swap, plus the rings. Now that I think about it that means I only keep shoulders, belt, and my Tal Chest between the two specs.

I have a table for EHP vs MP level for CM builds, so if you want to know what sort of armor/resist values you have to keep in order to farm a givem MP level, look at my CMWW guide and scroll to the bottom. The values are based on 35k hp, 600-800+LoH (you can get those from Storm Crow + Blackthorn, or other ways), and high APS (2.5+), but they work pretty well for key farming.

You absolutely right. For a true CM build it needs a lot more gear and ofc APoC which I don't have and I don't intend to buy and thus I think I will be forced to find a solution around that, like using a signature spell (SP - LL) with prodigy. I know I am wasting 2 skills that I could possibly use for something else but since I use CM build only for KEYS / UBERS with friends only (never alone) I think I can spare 2 skills and keep my dps quite high.
    Please note that I actually DO NOT LIKE cm build. Why? Because I feel old for key spamming :P simple as that.

On the other hand (archon build) I am farming quite super easy on mp2 and quite easy on 3 (RD packs kicking my butt though). The aim for those upgrades is to be able to farm mp3 as I farm now 2. According to the MP chart showing how much the dmg and health of the monsters are increasing with each MP, it shouldn't be that hard to achieve that. I know that even best dps archon wizards will not farm with archon build above mp5 as it's not efficient but I think mp3 is quite reasonable for me with a few upgrades that will raise my dmg above 250k w/o dropping my EHP too much.

Again, thanks for your answers, I think I will compromise a bit, for the time being, and keep some CM pieces on me and just upgrade my archon gear since that is the build I fancy more.
    Quote from Nymrael

Quote from Loroese

You absolutely right. For a true CM build it needs a lot more gear and ofc APoC which I don't have and I don't intend to buy and thus I think I will be forced to find a solution around that, like using a signature spell (SP - LL) with prodigy. I know I am wasting 2 skills that I could possibly use for something else but since I use CM build only for KEYS / UBERS with friends only (never alone) I think I can spare 2 skills and keep my dps quite high.
    Please note that I actually DO NOT LIKE cm build. Why? Because I feel old for key spamming :P simple as that.

On the other hand (archon build) I am farming quite super easy on mp2 and quite easy on 3 (RD packs kicking my butt though). The aim for those upgrades is to be able to farm mp3 as I farm now 2. According to the MP chart showing how much the dmg and health of the monsters are increasing with each MP, it shouldn't be that hard to achieve that. I know that even best dps archon wizards will not farm with archon build above mp5 as it's not efficient but I think mp3 is quite reasonable for me with a few upgrades that will raise my dmg above 250k w/o dropping my EHP too much.

Again, thanks for your answers, I think I will compromise a bit, for the time being, and keep some CM pieces on me and just upgrade my archon gear since that is the build I fancy more.

That's fine and whatever works for you is fine. The way I see it there's 2 main directions one can take. Either focus on Archon and splash for CM, or focus on CM and splash for Archon. I started with Archon and got over 200k dps, then slapped together my CM set. I quickly realized that Archon is very limited and even at 200k I'm probably better off farming MP1 over MP2+, in terms of xp/loot efficiency. For CM, at higher gear levels I could run MP10 for keys/ubers, so instead I focused on that.

Like you, at first I really didn't like CM, and I still don't like it as much as Archon for farming, but when it comes to Ubers, I absolutely love it. I especially love being able to teleport to the middle of Kulle and Siegebreaker and being able to keep Kulle from teleporting for the entire fight. Unfortunatelly it cost me quite a bit of money to get to that point (partly because I also went for 100k+ dps). If I had instead used the money to upgrade my Archon gear, I'd still only be at MP2-3 and probably gaining XP at the same rate as I am now at MP1-2.

It's still a personal choice, because you'll probably spend far more time farming in Archon than CM, so the higher MP should results in more drops and thus more money. Just thought I'd share my opinions as food for thought.

Side note: after 2-3 Uber runs last night, I'm sad to say my arms were tired from all the button mashing, so I don't blame anyone for not liking CM even if that's the sole reason.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    You want lifeleech for archon. Reflect kicks your but cuz just blood magic rune is not enough at least without a shitton of resists.
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.
    Quote from Shinna1989

You want lifeleech for archon. Reflect kicks your but cuz just blood magic rune is not enough at least without a shitton of resists.

You are right about lifeleech although with 1.5 % from blood magic and around 1000+ lak from rings and/or enough extra health from pots I have been able to farm, as I said, relatively easy mp3 with archon spec by walking around a bit gathering pots / killing trash and getting back life / hitting only 1 mob of the RD pack or even canceling archon and popping my DS to move on to other trash / pots etc.
    I have also made some runs with SP-LL as signature and popping frost nova and ds on RD packs which worked pretty well back then when I didn't have that much dps / cc and speed. Maybe I will give it a go again after the upgrades and see how it's working!

As for resists, the aim is to have 5 pieces with above 70 res all. That is quite hard to achieve considering that some pieces are extremely expensive even with 40 res all in comparison to the same pieces w/o res all but I think that in the future I will be able to pull 5 pieces with 70+ res all. Even 4 pieces, hell even 3, should do the job with prismatic armor for mp3.
    No, all wrong.

You should buy brown pants 'cos you look bad in black. Also you should use some sort of spelling check.

:Thumbs Up:
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    -- Albert Einstein

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes