What loot do you bother with?

Hello, recently I have been in a bit of a pickle whether I should have pickup radius in my gear to pick up health gloves and gold easier, I went for a while with 6 pickup radius and it made life that little bit easier in both surviving and not relying on drops and the auction house to get my profits from.

Now my gear isn't great and I'm unable to link my profile (Noriko #1548 on EU) but I am a level 41 Paragon and I have no MF in my gear, I've been doing several runs without relying on picking up any other loot than yellow and my obsession with shiny things so gems and tomes of secrets as well as recipes have to be put in the mix too.

My route is as follows:

Act III Inferno Monster Power 1.
    Core of Arreat from checkpoint to waypoint.
    Tower of the Damned level 1.
    Core of Arreat level 2.
    Bridge of thingy (Terrible memory)
    Rakkis Crossing (Will check door on the left if it's open as there's an elite in there and will check Underbridge if it's there too since there's always an elite and sometimes a treasure goblin).
    Keep Depths level 2 then level 3.
    Stonefort for the Key Warden.

That run usually takes me about 20-30mins when I don't bother with yellow loot, I can sometimes fit three runs in an hour if I log straight out and in but without pickup I have noticed I am not gaining the 200-250k in gold drops alone anymore and I am not selling the 100k worth of yellows on top of that anymore, I usually don't get any legendaries or set items for a few runs then I may get 1 or 2 a run and another afterwards but I'm wondering if this is still a better profit and a quicker method.

The reason I ditched the pickup radius again was becuase I wanted to get Vile Ward and gain some more survivability and overall damage as my choices in upgrades are limited currently due to the gold income.

I hope my question makes sense as I tend to get a bit gumbled up but I think you can get what I'm trying to get opinions on here.
    Profile link: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Noriko-1548/hero/851327

When you said "I hope my question makes sense" I was kind of like... no, what's your question again? Your post doesn't contain a question mark. But then I read the topic title again and I'll respond to that.

As I pointed out in another thread, I found my first legendary in a simple chest, so I open them all. Every single chest, even if it's a detour from the optimal route.
    I also have the same problem that you have: I want to pick up all shiny things. I pick up most gems, health potions, and tomes. I know that it consumes a lot of time and slows me down considerably - but who cares? It's a game, I do what I like. Fun > efficiency.

I don't pick up all yellows and no blues. Simply because as an Archon, I would have to cancel my buff, go to the city and sell/salvage all crap. It's not only not efficient, but it's not fun for me, as I want to kill and loot. Good old Diablo style. I really would have loved a pet that sells all crap for you like in Torchlight; it's one of the best ideas that RunicGames had.

My minimum pickup radius is 10, I can't live without less. I currently dropped pickup on my Lacunis for some allres, now sitting at 11 but it's not enough, I want to go back to 17. It's just so much more comfortable walking around like a vacuumer, removing all the litter. As a bluepost once said: Chaos Sanctuarium has so much to worry about, they don't need my litter.

Again, I just do what I think is most fun for me and I don't care about efficiency. I couldn't run Alkaizer 10 times in a row with skipping difficult elites, leaving all stuff on the ground and running past chests and all shiny gems, pots, tomes, piles of gold and interesting rares.

P.S.: About the general "what do you pick up" question in terms of rares, there were some threads recently... here's one, can't find the other one.
    If you are being efficient, Act 3 MP0 is the best way to go, really. It drops the same loot as Act 1 MP1 and the mobs are a ton easier to kill. I don't do this, but if I did, I'd just rend/bloodlust my way thru the level. But I run on Mp5 trying to gather parts for maybe 20 or so machines before I start farming those guys. I just don't play very often cuz it's pointless.

Act 1 kinda sucks cuz there can be long walks between groups; but not in Act 3.
    I pick up all yellow items but really you shouldn't pick up any less (blues gems and tomes are a waste) and even with yellows you could probably skip out 2h stuff cause that never sells for much (due to how skorn and that shit are amazing same goes for crossbows and the likes)
    No blues. I tend to pick up gems, tomes, and potions if they're close to me, especially emeralds. Potions because I use a ton.

Pick up:
    All 1 handed weapons (EXCEPT 1h xbows).
    Helm (excluding class specific)
    Shoulders
    Chest (except Cloaks/DH chests)
    Bracers
    Gloves
    All belts, even barb ones
    Pants
    Boot
    Jewelry

I never pick up 2 handed weapons, any class specific gear except wands and barb belts, and any bows/xbows.

If you can memorize the unidentified names of the above you'll be able to fly through and pick stuff up instantly without even needing to see the tooltip.

Edit:
    I usually get around a full inventory with a core->Damned 1->Crater 2->Keeps2-3->Stonefort Keywarden. Sometimes I throw in Bridge of Korsikk or Rakkis Crossing backwards to Bridge WP if I feel like spicing it up.
    Blues i skip, only picked them up the first month or month and a half.

So, rare pickup list would be as following:

1-handers:
    Swords
    Axes
    Maces
    Mighty Weps
    Spears

2-handers
    Axes
    Maces

Armor:
    Chest (No Cloaks)
    Shoulder
    Legs
    Gloves
    Mighty Belts
    Helmets (not class specifics)

Jewelry:
    Rings
    Amulets.

Legendarys:
    All (98% of them gets salvaged though)

Jewelry i pick up all of,
    armors i only pick up ilvl63 and sometimes ilvl62
    Weapons i pick up any ilevel, of the specified weapons,that i pick up.
    If I'm going for profits and also focusing on efficiency, I will only pick up legendaries, sets, and ilvl 61+ one-hand weapons, gloves, and jewelry.

Why? Weapons sell like hotcakes all the time for ridiculously high prices if you can get combinations of primary stat, crit damage, ias, life steal, or loh with a socket. Rare gloves, jewelry tend to roll far better than most uniques, and because they can all roll trifecta stats with primary stats, properly rolled gloves/jewelry will also bring in huge fortunes.

As for other rares, of course there could be potential, but not as likely as the ones I mentioned above (given that the BiS ones are of legendary/set quality).
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    You loot a lot of stuff, with Rare items, I usually just stick with: Bracers, Gloves, Rings, Amulets, 1 Handed Weapons, 2 handed bows and occasionally shoulders

Legendarys are always picked up for the Brimstone
    Quote from Jaetch

If I'm going for profits and also focusing on efficiency, I will only pick up legendaries, sets, and ilvl 61+ one-hand weapons, gloves, and jewelry.

Why? Weapons sell like hotcakes all the time for ridiculously high prices if you can get combinations of primary stat, crit damage, ias, life steal, or loh with a socket. Rare gloves, jewelry tend to roll far better than most uniques, and because they can all roll trifecta stats with primary stats, properly rolled gloves/jewelry will also bring in huge fortunes.

As for other rares, of course there could be potential, but not as likely as the ones I mentioned above (given that the BiS ones are of legendary/set quality).

This. The ratio at which rares drops nowadays (considering doubled drop rates and high dps for everyone) just makes picking everything up a burdain. Of course you would get more gold even just by vendoring the rest of the rares but i don't have the mood for doing that anymore.
    Ignorance is Bliss.
    I pick up all rares except weapons below level 62. Two of my top 3 items to drop have been under lvl 63 rare bracers. My other top item was a pair of Lacuni's, also bracers, so all of my 50mil+items have been bracers. Go figure.

I love my pickup radius and I use my Visage with 7 radius as Archon, over one with higher dps or more resists, because I hate passing over 3k piles of gold. It also helps against annoying elites because I can teleport near the health globes and not have to worry about missing them. I'd use more pickup radius if I could, but I lost some when switching to my vile ward.

I run MP2 as Archon for xp farming, with 210k dps or so and don't have any issues with downtime due to picking up or having to ID items. I usually clear Core, tower, and if I don't have 5 stacks go to keep 3 or bridge. If my inventory is half full, I head to the KW, kill him, then ID my items and sell the trash before heading to Keep 2. I'll clear Keep 2 and Crater 1 or 2 before having to empty my inventory then clear the other before finishing. It's fairly easy to just empty inventory between zones and since I don't use Galv Ward I'm usually fine with cancelling Archon to refresh it and armor before heading to a new zone.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    That sounds similar to me I think I am in the process of learning item names as I did two runs yesterday and had a harder time trying to hover items with CTRL held down to see if they were 61 or higher
    Bagstone's got a point - it should be about fun.
    Saying that you could probably use a stragety. Mine was to skip MF, optimise gear and power through paragons so I'm now at level 75 and finding LOADS of crap legendaries! I don't bother with pickup radius, even when using a strafe build as DH and only pick up archon, jewellery, gloves and one hander yellows. For me it's about ripping shit up as quick as possible, not about auctioning stuff for 10k ;)
    I pick up lvl 61 weapons too, since I saw a lvl 61 fist going for 100 mill in a bid
    I pick up all Rares and above, all gems, and all tomes.
    Quote from lorien1973

It drops the same loot as Act 1 MP1 and the mobs are a ton easier to kill.

Is that true? I thought that only on or after mp1, all items have the chance to roll level 63 affixes, even low level ones like lvl 58. Maybe I've misunderstood.
    Items roll affixes based on either mob level or item ilvl, whichever is higher. This means 63 for all acts MP1+ and 63 for Act 3/4 in all MP levels. All items inferno are lvl 58+ regardless of MP level (only exception is follower tokens which can still be lvl 54, I think, but it doesn't matter since they still roll based on mob level.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    I get

Rings
    Amulet
    Chest
    Shoulder
    All 1Hands except xbow
    2H Xbow/Bow
    Helm
    Pants
    Rings
    Amulets
    Demolishers
    Rune Swords
    Arch Axe
    Legendarys

This is what I pick up during my XP-Farm run (Alkazier Route)
    I simply get confused which is what and pick it all up, I throw it in my chest when I've run out of Archon form and need to waypoint to the next map and sort it out at the end of my runs though 9/10 of the items will be poop as I will only take interest if there's crit hit/damage, socket and resall first then the other stats would come next.

I'm not sort what items to get that would have pickup as well though, shoulders are pretty much out the question as Vile Ward is so good in comparison, perhaps gloves if you can find the right ones though, I already miss having pickup!
    Quote from NorikoNeko

I simply get confused which is what and pick it all up, I throw it in my chest when I've run out of Archon form and need to waypoint to the next map and sort it out at the end of my runs though 9/10 of the items will be poop as I will only take interest if there's crit hit/damage, socket and resall first then the other stats would come next.

I'm not sort what items to get that would have pickup as well though, shoulders are pretty much out the question as Vile Ward is so good in comparison, perhaps gloves if you can find the right ones though, I already miss having pickup!

You can still find vile ward shoulders with pickup radius on them for a decent price. That's what I did when i dropped pickup radius from my belt. It was only a few million more than it's non-pickup radius counterpart.

Gloves are definitely one of the worst places to get pickup on since they already have so many valuable stats like crit and attack speed that you'd rather use the stat budget on.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes