Gear suggestions

Hello Wizards,

This is my profile Kyriakos-2889 and i'd like to your your advise with the following questions.

What do you recommend me to do i order to make better my gear?
    Which part of my is the worst one and i should change it first?
    Does MF really help or i should go for only dmg?
    My 150k ehp is enough?

Any comment is wellcome!!

Thanks in advance
    You need a lot more armor, all resistance and life. Sure, you can run Force Armor, but that's pretty much saying if you take more than three hits, you're dead.

Personally, I sold all my MF gear before 1.04 hit. I would rather farm efficiently, fast and without dying, than going at a portion of the speed with more loot that might be just as bad. By farming faster, you also Paragon level faster, and the stats that tack on are just too valuable to ignore.

Upgrade your gems. Upgrade your EHP. Seriously put in all resistance and ween yourself off Force Armor.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP

You need a lot more armor, all resistance and life. Sure, you can run Force Armor, but that's pretty much saying if you take more than three hits, you're dead.

Personally, I sold all my MF gear before 1.04 hit. I would rather farm efficiently, fast and without dying, than going at a portion of the speed with more loot that might be just as bad. By farming faster, you also Paragon level faster, and the stats that tack on are just too valuable to ignore.

Upgrade your gems. Upgrade your EHP. Seriously put in all resistance and ween yourself off Force Armor.

Thanks for the answer m8, i changed few items and upgraded my gems, but i donot think that's enough. my budget is around 10m and i find it hard to get a good defence upgrade (without losing much dps). Should i collect gold for a vile ward? or do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks again

Thanks for the answer m8, i changed few items and upgraded my gems, but i donot think that's enough. my budget is around 10m and i find it hard to get a good defence upgrade (without losing much dps). Should i collect gold for a vile ward? or do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks again

I can't tell what you have because you're stuffed with MF gear. Drop the MF gear. I never found running around in full MF to be efficient at all.

Stack on pure DPS/survival gear and just kill, kill, kill. The more you kill, the more loot you get, the more Paragon EXP you get, the stronger you will be, the faster you'll be able to farm, and the cycle never ends.

You need more resistances. A lot more. Like double to triple what you have now. If you can't afford anything, then keep farming at the level that's most efficient for you (most EXP, loot, least deaths compared to time spent farming). Again, drop the MF and just max out the damage you can do to maximize farming speed. Sell everything and anything you can to make quick gold (this means selling EVERYTHING at a high discount in the AH) and don't stop farming.

There's no easy button other than spending real money. If that's not the option, then keep farming.

P.S. Just to make my point even more, there are 48 people on my friends list. 26 of them don't really play that often, so let's take them out. 22 people left.

Of the 22 people that actively play on my friends list, only 3 of them run in full MF. For the 19 people that don't, they all farm in full DPS gear, with efficiency in Act 3 at respectable Paragon levels. For the ones I regularly play with, we all find something useful time and time again.

Yes, some of them have a hybrid set of MF-DPS gear, but those cost millions upon millions of gold to build up. For example, my 170+ int/180+ vit/70 resist/2 socket/20 MF Depth Diggers pants count as a hybrid item. That's what they use. None of my farm-happy friends run with full MF and gimped DPS/survivability.

Drop your MF and focus completely on building your character's farming efficiency.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    I'm half in agreement and half disagree about dropping the MF. If you want to farm Act 3 now as Archon, then you'll need to drop some of the MF because you just don't have the budget to raise your dps over 80-100k while maintaining MF on pieces you upgrade. However, if you either want to drop Archon and keep with a kiting spec, say Arcane Orb, you can farm Act 3 until the next patch, and go back to Archon at MP0 and you should do fine in your current gear since the mob health is reduced by a fair amount (I want to say 40% lower than current, roughly speaking, might be more, might be less but I'm too lazy to look it up). With lower mob health, you should be able to faceroll with Archon at minimial monster power. You might still need to upgrade some of your pieces to maximize Archon uptime, which likely means upgrading dps/EHP but dropping MF, but you'll have to try it out to see for yourself.

One thing I do recommend is getting more movement speed. Lacuni Prowlers are the cheapest option, though you'll end up losing some dps for the cheaper versions, but the extra movement speed helps immensly with Archon uptime.

I was actually at a similar point as you not too long ago with decent DPS and high MF, but not quite good enough DPS to make Archon work in Act 3. Because my budget was fairly small I had to drop some of my MF and the extra dps really makes a huge difference, even 5-10% extra dps can make farming lots easier because the faster you kill things in Archon form, the longer you stay in Archon, and the less you die. From a strictly farming efficiency standpoint, it's not worth droping half your MF if you only increase your farming efficiency by 10%, for example. However, if dropping 50% of your MF helps you farm 50% faster, it is very worthwhile.

Regarding the EHP, it's possible to farm Act 3 with 150k EHP with Force Armor, but with that low DPS and no Life Steal, I don't think you can use an Archon spec. Even with 115k DPS I can't imagine trying to farm Act 3 without Life Steal because reflect damage is just that annoying. With life steal it's possible to farm Act 3 with low EHP and very low resists. I started with just 65 resist on my belt plus whatever I got from my int, and it was doable, though annoying. However, with each piece of resist gear I added I found it drastically increased my survivability. Right now I only have resist on like 3 pieces and I don't die much, but I'd actually like to get 1-2 more pieces just to make things even easier since Archon should be all about easy mode :) In the end I dropped MF from a few pieces but still managed to keep some of the MF since upgrading those pieces is just a pain, even if I drop the MF.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    Hello again guys!!!

I have changed a lot of items, and i'd like to hear again your opinions. I also got a vile ward with 188 int 96 vit, but armory has not refreshed yet. And my question now is...which is the best option for upgrade? I'm thinking about a new weapon with life steal (around 2.6 or more), which will cost me more than 200m, but i am not sure how much it will help me. My second option is new lacuni with crit. chance (>4) plus all resists.. What do you think? if there is something more profitable please let me know.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes