What can I do with my wizard.

Hi guys,

hope you can help me. I dropped my wizard a while ago to play my barb, but now I want to try my wizard again.

Can you tell me, how I should play him? I have nearly zero gold and the RMAH is absolutely no option. So it has to run with my current gear.

Would be nice to hear some advice.

Here's my battletag
    http:// eu.battle.net/ d3/ en/ profile/ S1mme-2175/

Thanks
    Infinite archon. http://eu.battle.net...XOSj!fgY!ccaZca
    (there are other variations, of course)

Farm Act 3 MP0 for legendaries and xp. Get +12% move speed on boots as your 1st upgrade ASAP. Get cheap lacunis as your second.

Don't raise MP. If you feel you have too much DPS, switch to Archon teleport rune. If you feel you have enough mitigation, switch to Storm armor/scramble.

Then you can choose to specialize your gear to do high MP: WW/CM is where it's at. It's mainly for the challenge (and Uber battles).
    Or you can aim for more farming efficiency.
    The blizzard rush build
    http://us.battle.net...opic/7173257311

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Eiy4oh94g
    What Kraal said is spot on. I would add that you should make yourself comfortable with each MP you face, if it's too easy then yes try the next level, if you're struggling even a little then it won't be worth switching levels until you have better gear etc to be able to not lose much if not any time by doing so, it's easy to think you can manage a higher level but you then notice you're dying ever so slighlty more which makes a difference in the time it will take to do runs, assuming you're aiming on speed runs.
    thanks for the advice, works soooooo great. I can easily farm on mp2.

But one champ pack kills me, think you know it: reflect damage. Is there any medicine against these packs? I killed the last ones via shock pulse spam and kiting + crystal shell.
    But it's very time consuming. Think I have to get better gear to equal my life leech with the reflected damage?
    I find that 3% LS and Blood Magic rune on Magic Weapon is essential for starting to be able to handle reflect damage. Sometimes you get tough mobs that still need some more finesse and it's kind of counter intuitive, but I switch two quick pieces of equipment (ring, amulet for me) that decrease my DPS considerably and add about 1200 LOH, RA, and Physical Resist. That usually does the trick.

PS, these tips have helped me deal with these packs considerably as well:
    1- try not to hit all 3/4 of them with the same beam. If you focus on one side or the other and get a guy or two dead before the whole pack, that helps a lot. Taking reflect damage from 1 or 2 guys is a lot more survivable than hitting all 3/4.

2- you can't always do this, but move around as archon so that you are hitting non-reflect damage guys at the same time, that way your life steal is going up more compared to the reflect damage. Don't feel like you have to stand in the same spot you found the reflect pack, if you keep running through the dungeon, they will follow you.

3- don't ever use the blast ability. the massive burst of damage on several reflect guys is almost always a death sentence.

4- Storm Armor! It doesn't trigger reflect damage! Sometime I can just ignore a reflect mob and keep going through the dungeon and eventually storm armor hits will just take care of the pack for me.

But one champ pack kills me, think you know it: reflect damage. Is there any medicine against these packs? I killed the last ones via shock pulse spam and kiting + crystal shell.
    But it's very time consuming. Think I have to get better gear to equal my life leech with the reflected damage?

Life steal, high life on hit, life after kill against nearby trash mobs, high HP regeneration, health globe stacking, high EHP all help deal with Reflect.

I recently dropped my life steal weapon in favor of a much higher DPS weapon with life after kill, so I'm relying more on Blood Magic (which still essentially heal 1600 HP per second for me).
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP

Life steal, high life on hit, life after kill against nearby trash mobs, high HP regeneration, health globe stacking, high EHP all help deal with Reflect.

I recently dropped my life steal weapon in favor of a much higher DPS weapon with life after kill, so I'm relying more on Blood Magic (which still essentially heal 1600 HP per second for me).

Surely you're then relying on things to kill being constantly around you in that case? As well as being able to kill te elites with reflect on amoungst them to regain that and pick up health globes along the way. I've recently thought about having sufficient pickup radius with a healthy amount of health globe healing as well as life regeneration, if you have enough of these then you can ditch life steal for more damage from your 1H and be able to kite and kill sufficiently, the life regeneration making up for a lack of health globes. This also has the bonus of having free pocket money because of the extra pickup.
    IMHO, you need a lot of life regen in order to compensate for the incoming damage on higher MPs. Furthermore, if you get life regen AND lots of pickup AND lots of health globe bonus, you need a lot of money for all these stats on items - than it's really easier to go with life steal on a weapon. But... to each his own ;-)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes