Making a switch from WD to (probably) Archon Wizard

Hello, so as the title suggested, I am making a switch from my WD to Wiz and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what parts of my gear I could use on my Wiz and what parts I have to buy to make the Archon work. I am mostly aiming for very fast MP1/2 paragon/item farming.

Any help very appreciated

Thanks

Edit: Sorry, here is the profile http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/revo-1298/Eeff/11568510
    Andariel visage slow your exp but hugely increase your killing spree in Archon, apart that you just need a black weapon with crit (socket?) and a cheap triumvirato. Next level it's with Lacuni (36% movment speed LOL) but with crit chance are quite expensive.

That's all, you're already highly geared for mp1-2, some improvments can make you perma-Archon mp4.
    Its just a collection of bits and bytes programmed to introduce hope in an otherwise worthless environment.
    Quote from h0lyshadow

Andariel visage slow your exp but hugely increase your killing spree in Archon, apart that you just need a black weapon with crit (socket?) and a cheap triumvirato. Next level it's with Lacuni (36% movment speed LOL) but with crit chance are quite expensive.

That's all, you're already highly geared for mp1-2, some improvments can make you perma-Archon mp4.

Movement speed cap is 25%. No need to get Lacuni's, the bracers are fine.

Otherwise I agree with everything. Buy a (physical damage only) weapon and Triumvirate. For helm, other than Andariel's you could also try to get a Mempo, if you get one without crit they're dirt cheap.
    I thought max movement speed is 24% (25%), am I missing something? :fret:
    Quote from Revolutia

I thought max movement speed is 24% (25%), am I missing something? :fret:

Like I said, it's 25%. Not worth to get a third piece for the extra 1% if you're at 2x 12% already.
    Definitely go with the Andariels Visage. Find one with low fire damage to you and socketed. I found mine for a mil and a half and gained over 8k DPS. I will agree with the pure physical damage weapon advice too. If you can go with a high rolling Skorn with LoH, LS, or LaK for survivability if you want to go with the less expensive route. I did that and was able to hit enough DPS to quickly clear act III, MP2. If you want even higher DPS then go Echoing Fury with the Triumvirate. Just be sure to find the Tri that rolls high on both Int and average damage, socket optional. Also, if you can find one with a high life percent, say 10 to 12. If you look at my gear, I have what could easily be used for a WD and did so because that is my next character I want to paragon up.
    "There is no cow level!"
    Didn't know about movment speed cap :P sorry
    Its just a collection of bits and bytes programmed to introduce hope in an otherwise worthless environment.
    Thanks a lot for all the info. I was thinking of Anda visage, but it looks like I gotta go with Mempo, otherwise I would be at mad low all res. But again, I think it does not really matter that much at lower MPs.
    Yeah, it really depends. On lower MPs the rest of your gear provides you with enough allres already, so you don't need the allres from a Mempo. However, also keep in mind that Andariel's comes with a "more fire dmg taken" drawback. Usually it shouldn't matter because as Archon you want to kill anything before it comes close to you, but if you feel like (fire) damage gives you a hard time, Mempo can make life easier.
    Should I look for a wep with LS or LoH, or do I even need it?
    Quote from Revolutia

Should I look for a wep with LS or LoH, or do I even need it?

You'll need one of the two depending on what build you're going. If you're running CM-WW, go with high LoH. If you're running Archon with high DPS. go with LS. After fighting a bunch of Molten-Desecrator-Plague-Fire Chain mobs as a CM-WW wiz, you'll definitely see why. The same applies after fighting a bunch of Reflect Damage-Extra Health-Horde mobs as an Archon wiz.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Hm. I personally really really need it, I couldn't go without life steal - like Jaetch says. However, it's worth mentioning that there are some wizards who rely on Blood Magic only. I wouldn't recommend that, and it only works for low MP levels with Archon completely instantly killing everything, even blowing elite phase beasts up in a few seconds. But some people choose to go this way (because if you don't search for LS on weapons, you can save a loooot of money). It's kind of for "as little money as possible for as high dps as possible", playing on low MP.
    Hey again, so I've been Archoing my way through and now am level 11 paragon and I would like to ask, what should I upgrade next?

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/revo-1298/Evulinka/9848604

Thanks a lot. :pirate:
    Quote from Revolutia

Hey again, so I've been Archoing my way through and now am level 11 paragon and I would like to ask, what should I upgrade next?

http://www.diablopro...vulinka/9848604

Thanks a lot. :pirate:

When you get the gold to do so, try replacing Zuni Marrow with Tal Rasha's chest and your rare ring/Hellfire Ring with a similarly rolled Zuni Pox. The all resist from Zuni Marrow will be replaced by the resist that Pox will roll. Your damage will be highly increased with Tal Rasha's IAS (also try to get one with as high vitality and/or life % as possible) and the Pox with either crit chance, IAS, and/or high average damage. If your HP is still between 35-40K, you can try getting a pair of bracers with slightly less vitality, but a ton more all resist to balance your EHP out.

Your DPS will be vastly increased so you can also change Improved Archon into Teleport Archon to cover more ground faster (since you already run 24% MS).

Key phrase: when you get the gold to do so.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes