1.0.4: The end of Critical Mass?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN97oOQgsOQ

Who feels the same?
    www.Youtube.com/LastHopeForRaoha
    My D3 Character: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Loras-1351/hero/29537054
    What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
    Stupid thread is stupid. Yes they are nerfing critical mass, but they are saying that they are buffing almost everything else lol. And without real patchnotes there is nothing certain as of now. They might aswell in the last revision of the patch decide that a nerf to critical mass really isnt that needed anyway.
    "Diablo III is not World of Warcraft."
    Bashiok - http://us.battle.net...c/6019511928#17
    Before that was definitely OP. My few friends which use that build were raping Act3 elites like nothing. All elites perma stunned and they got like infinite diamond skin and never dies. Those wizards tank much better than any barb lol..

That's one of the most popular wizard builds today and it's in fact OP, so get over it.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
    Typical. Nerf the fun stuff, make the game even more boring ;)
    Good riddance! My ears can finally forget that annoying Explosive Blast beat. A few weeks more and it would have burned into my skull!

And, oh yeah, it was one of the most OP builds, wasn't it? Well, other stuff will get buffed, so...
    Trust me, I'm a bunny brain-surgeon from space!
    Nothing wrong with changing things when one choice stands out as the obvious winner, much better for everyone if things get evened out a bit.
    - I know that my Redeemer liveth, and as the last man He shall stand forth upon the earth -
    - - -
    Btw they are not nerfing CM... They are just changing proc of ww and CM is still viable
    Why are people always changing the words of Blues? They said they are going to nerf ww proc rates and you whine about a nerf of CM? They even said, when you have enough crit% you wouldn't even notice it.

But yeah just sit in a corner crying like a baby for no apparent reason.
    I never used ww with my CM melee wizard, there are other options. It is not the end of Critical Mass.
    It's better to wait and try in game once patch comes out

Only gameplay can say if CM is still viable

PM: the viabilty of the build it's not only dependant on crit %, there are more stats like res, armor and hp that allow you to stay alive while not in diamond skin
    the lower coefficient proc could just let you stay more time without diamond skin and mobs less frozen but, if you can take a bit more damage, it's not a big change
    Quote from Goldroger_82

PM: the viabilty of the build it's not only dependant on crit %, there are more stats like res, armor and hp that allows you to stay alive while not in diamond skin

I though the whole point was to keep up Diamond Skin forever?
    Trust me, I'm a bunny brain-surgeon from space!
    double tornado barbs feel like dodged a bullet?
    Quote from Sikk

Typical. Nerf the fun stuff, make the game even more boring ;)

Its retards like this that make me laugh.

THEY ARE BUFFING A METRIC TON OF SKILLS.

Get it through your skull, they are making a freaking TON of stuff BETTER for the Wiz.

Why is this so hard for the haters to fathom?
    That video is wrong and overdramatic.

Energy Twister proc rate nerfed.
    Critical Mass is still the same.

ww/cm build is still doable in 1.04 but why stick to gimmick button mash god mode build when every other ability is getting buffed.
    The removal of any build that involves purely button mashing is a plus in my book. Then again, the build isn't being removed, it's being "adjusted".

We can only truly know whether CM Wiz is still going to work after the patch :fret: until then, most complaints are kinda pointless.

hey bro. the melee wizard is not dead by any means. You will be fine my friend. 100mil worth of gear will certainly come with lots of diversity. this was more of a troll video, not to be taken seriously. i'm extremely excited for 1.0.4, its going´╗┐ to be sick bro!

From Raoha in the comments to the video (he's the OP/maker of the video).

So really, don't take this too seriously guys ;)
    I nominate this post for the Locked Thread of the Day Award.
    Quote from Zero(pS)

So really, don't take this too seriously guys ;)

Please lock inflammatory troll threads
    Quote from Zakaz

I nominate this post for the Locked Thread of the Day Award.

Agreed!

Inflammatory? Check.
    Obviously trolling? Check.
    Amusing? No.
    Thought provoking? No.
    Chance the thread will be constructive in any way? None.
    Quote from Brassnautilus

double tornado barbs feel like dodged a bullet?

Blizzard is well aware of how many barbs play it. They have no intent on changing anything right now, but at least it's not a broken setup like something wizards and DH's were doing to fly through Inferno at release. The only thing about this post that bothers me is that the OP constantly drops his videos on this forum trying to get more viewers, and not contribute or have a rebuttal when people call out any nonsense. It'll be deja vu tomorrow.
    Framerate in normal groups - 100fps.

Framerate in groups with a CM wiz - 2fps.

Fuck that spec :D :D
    funny they're nerfing wizard tornadoes.. but not barb..
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes