CM LoH Coefficients

Just wanted to share some results since there is conflicting information floating around the net. I just tested the LoH coefficients for the standard CM build with Short Fuse, Wicked Wind, and Bone Chill. The coefficients posted in a thread on the official forums found can be found here. The listed coefficient for Short Fuse seems correct and I assume the Chain Reaction coefficient is also correct but I haven't tested it myself.

My findings are that the Wicked Wind coefficient is wrong. It is in fact 50% 25% and not the 10% listed in the forum post. This factor was recently verified by a blue post in the patch 1.0.4 wizard changes, meaning the whirlwind tics twice between LoH displays or roughly 4 times a second. Also, the Bone Chill coefficient is 16.7%.

The numbers are pretty easy to test. Just remove life regen gear (I have none on my CM melee set), get hit for a bit by something, and hit a single mob with the ability you want to test. I find it very easy to test with a high EHP set because I can take lots of hits and it only takes off a couple thousand hp so I don't really have to fear death to test.

Quick Summary:
    Short Fuse: 33%
    Wicked Wind: 50% 25% per tick, 4 tics per second, soon to be nerfed to 12.5% per tick
    Bone Chill: 16.7%
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    I personally found that wicked wind ticks twice as fast as life on hit shows up on SCT, which means that one hit from WW is actually 25% coef, and the life on hit indicator ticks every 2 hits.
    damnt i didnt even know that LoH work on wiz . gonna try that !
    Quote from Aggnog

I personally found that wicked wind ticks twice as fast as life on hit shows up on SCT, which means that one hit from WW is actually 25% coef, and the life on hit indicator ticks every 2 hits.

Based on the recent WW nerf news where they flat out say the current coefficient is 0.25, you must be correct, and WW actually tics 4 times a second.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes