amulet any good for wizard?

Hi all,

not so an experience player but i found this item and was wondering if this is any good for wizards.

If so any idea on the value?

Cheers,

Holy
    this amulet is "okay" but far from the best rares that could roll
    It is good. It is not "great". If you happen to use fire spells, you could be happy with that for a while, until you find something with crit chance and crit damage...

No idea on value.
    Pretty sure that it just gives you 5% more damage as fire, and not that it gives your fire skills 5% more damage. Similar to Inna's 5% holy damage belt.
    Probably worth at least a million. From what others have deterrmined, it doesn't add to your fire spells only, instead it seems to add damage to all spells, and if your spell has no element it adds fire damage, or something like that. I had one for a while and tried to figure out precisely how it added to the damage number but was unable to find the correct formula. Basically it seems to add around 5% damage to your skills, whatever the in game Damage Number actually shows. There is a good thread somewhere on the official forums about that.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    Quote from Loroese

Probably worth at least a million. From what others have deterrmined, it doesn't add to your fire spells only, instead it seems to add damage to all spells, and if your spell has no element it adds fire damage, or something like that. I had one for a while and tried to figure out precisely how it added to the damage number but was unable to find the correct formula. Basically it seems to add around 5% damage to your skills, whatever the in game Damage Number actually shows. There is a good thread somewhere on the official forums about that.

Thanks for the feedback all, so the +5% damage would also work on damage a monk for example does?
    *If* they are right about the 5% damage being applicable to all attacks then it isn't bad and scales well das you get more powerful. However, I don't know that to be fact, and as the tooltip says pretty clearly that it adds 5% damage to fire attacks many people will doubt you. The Wiz passive Cold Blooded says something similar on its tooltip, but the 20% damage increase is applied to all attacks on frozen targets, so it is misleading at best.

I suppose you would have to find proof that the tooltip is incorrect and convince someone to buy it as that same person is probably looking at much more expensive amy's with crit/crit dmg. It still won't outperform those until you get to very high dps levels, but it's not bad either, though perhaps a hard sell.
    Quote from Holyshadow

Quote from Loroese

Thanks for the feedback all, so the +5% damage would also work on damage a monk for example does?

Yes, I believe that's the idea. You could easily test it by just removing your current amulet and noting the damage done, then equipping it and seeing if your damage to mobs goes up. As a monk, you only gain dps from the +fire damage thing so it's actually much easier to test then on a wiz where you'd need to find another amulet with a similar amount of int on it. Ignore the damage number when you have it equipped since I believe it bugs it out. Just to be sure, if you do decide to equip it on a char, equip it last. I think it modifies extra +damage on your gear in some way but couldn't figure out the exact formula, but I would end up with different damage numbers if I equipped the amulet before those items as opposed to equipping the amulet last.

It makes sense to me that it works this way and really should read something like "adds 5% extra damage AS fire", otherwise the set bonus wouldn't really make a lot of sense. As it stands, the set bonus is actually pretty decent, from what I have read.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes