Reflect damage mobs

Am I the only one having amazing struggles with these ones?

Basicly, I can kill myself on a pack in less that 5 seconcs. I got 20k HP and only around 200 all resist, but still, as it is now, i have to either spend 1 million years killing them, or leave and make a new game.

Is there anything I'm missing, besides better gear?
    You could try only dpsing with Diamond Skin up? ;P It also depends on what the mob actually is. Its frustrating when you get a difficult combination with reflects damage, such as shielding + vampiric + an aoe ability *twitch*.
    The Signs are upon us.
    They shall lead the way to salvation.
    Or destruction.
    Well, I'm going to assume that he's a wizard since this is the wizard forum.

First you need more health. 20k isn't really enough. I have 27k and feel a bit low, but reflects damage aren't too bad. I also use diamond skin, but its pretty much just for reflects damage mobs but I can usually do fine when it is on CD anyway. I've found the trick is to try and burn them down one by one. Don't use hydra until you've killed at least one of them (in a group of more then three you probably want to kill at least 2) If you're using the blizzard hydra build, then you need to put down blizzard for the slow, but it doesn't hurt as much as hydra does.

This usually works pretty well for me, depending on what else they have, but reflects damage isnt on my list of affixes that really makes me worried either.

Tired of the same regurgitated blue posts? Want more in depth coverage of
    the aspects of the game you want to know about? Check us out!
    Are u using galvanizing ? helps a lot
    Buy a crappy weapon with LOH and an amulet with LOH and you'll even out the damage. I have a ~700 loh wep and a 650 amulet and I can kill like normal. Obviously the worse the weapon/ammy, the longer it'll take but its relatively safe.
    Quote from pufyanny

Are u using galvanizing ? helps a lot

This.

And ofc some + All Resistance.

I had problems with reflect guys before 1.03 and after this patch when even Siegebreaker got it too, I changed my crit build from arcane orb/arcane hydra to Blizz/Venom hydra, so I got free passive ( fromTemporal Flux to galvanizing) and with some gear upgrade (+100 AR and another +100 Life Reg.) I end up with 72K DPS, 50K HP, 300 AR, 400 Life regen and I can nuke these reflect bastards easily. I still lose some HP, but there is potion, and ofc some healing orbs when you get mobs under 50% to fix this.

Hope it helps :)
    WIth the IAS nerf, LOH lost some effectiveness, still good but you can probably get a nice chest peice with some 300+ life regen. Life regen is probably more effective since it keeps working while kiting or when waiting to heal up to DPS again. If you think you need more then get some shoulders or legs with some 250+ life regen.
    I have like 35k hp with my source. when I start taking reflect damage I switch to my int/vit/life % shield. it's adds like 6k health and makes a huge difference with the incoming damage. Just make sure to reapply magic weapon after switching :D. So yes, this helps a lot. But at the end of they day, reflect damage is still pretty terrible.
    I don't have any life on hit and only have an amulet with 220 life regen plus the templar but I find that plus Diamond Skin to be sufficient when using an arcane orb/celestial orb build with arcane hydra. I usually don't have to pot on siegebreaker either. I do have 27k hp and have gotten pretty low a few times but haven't really had any difficulties with reflect damage mobs with other easy affixes. The key is to play it safe and dps slowly. As others have suggested, swapping in an item or two (for extra health to give more margin of error on your HP or extra health regen/LoH) also helps and I used to do that before also.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    Sorry to ask, but hydra reflects it's dmg fully back to you?
    If you can kill yourself in less than 5 seconds, that must mean you are doing quite a bit of damage to them, so i can hardly believe it would take you 1 million years :) . Try to kite them to a place where you can double back around them and pick up all the health orbs they have dropped from the long kiting path. Pick up a health orb and nuke, move.. rinse repeat.
    Reflect for me is probably the most dangerous Affix in the game. With 50k DPS and 33k life, I kill myself in about five seconds. I have Crystal Armor and Galvanizing Ward, but honestly those are a drop in the bucket.

I've thought of using LoH rings for RD mobs, but I'm told LoH doesn't even work for Hydra or Blizzard, so...whaddaya gonna do?
    Quote from MeanBo

If you can kill yourself in less than 5 seconds, that must mean you are doing quite a bit of damage to them, so i can hardly believe it would take you 1 million years :) . Try to kite them to a place where you can double back around them and pick up all the health orbs they have dropped from the long kiting path. Pick up a health orb and nuke, move.. rinse repeat.

Well, if I could survive, it wouldn't take more than 30 secs to kill them or so. Problem is that im dead in much less than that. As I said, I got 20k HP and 30k dps. Thats good for killing urself pretty fast.

Trying galvanizing now, to see how that works...
    I have 1100 life regen and I gain life while blizzard/venom hydra'ing the packs. /shrug 500 res all 18k life 25k dps
    I find LoH and +resist to even this out.

Personally I have 20k HP ~5k Armor ~650 AR ~15k DMG (No Buff) 850 LoH

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bROQXl!aVd!bbcYab

A
    lso, from what I can tell, blizzard does have SOME LoH. I might do some testing to find out when/how often.. As this is essentially an AoE DoT spell.

I will say that LoH becomes useless when fighting anything with shielding or invulnerable minions. So, get either of those with RD and you will be kiting for a while longer.
    When I say even this out.. I mean that I can actually stand still in some cases and stay at max health while spamming Orb and Blizzard. if something bad happens, Diamond Skin and Teleport and I will be back at full life in another second or two.
    I will say this.... Reflects Damage is a light tickle to me.

But this shouldn't be a big surprise coming from a melee wizard, with 47k health, 910 LoH, 6800 armor (with Enchantress), and min 878 all resists (Energy Armor + Prismatic Armor). At least in Act 2 of Inferno, Reflects Damage, from Spectral Blades or Meteor, is seriously 1-2 damage per occurrence... Now, grantedly, those occurrences can come POURING in (Hit 4 mobs with 2 Meteors, as they stand in the after effect, and it's a red stream pouring off my character), it still never really phases my health.

Now, if you add in like... Electrified, that can suck. Now you got basically 2 damage reflections.
    Quote from ZeroEdgeir

But this shouldn't be a big surprise coming from a melee wizard, with 47k health, 910 LoH, 6800 armor (with Enchantress), and min 878 all resists (Energy Armor + Prismatic Armor). At least in Act 2 of Inferno, Reflects Damage, from Spectral Blades or Meteor, is seriously 1-2 damage per occurrence... Now, grantedly, those occurrences can come POURING in (Hit 4 mobs with 2 Meteors, as they stand in the after effect, and it's a red stream pouring off my character), it still never really phases my health.

Now, if you add in like... Electrified, that can suck. Now you got basically 2 damage reflections.

I use a similar strategy, but at 9k armor, 1k resistances, you start to like to see reflect damage affix, as it doesn't do any damage at all, even at act 3/4.
    Quote from ZeroEdgeir

Kinda like this?

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes