Wizard DPS Spreadsheet, Excel and Online Javascript Versions

I recently had to use the Demon Hunter spreadsheet created by Dretar (which can be found here) for a friend without excel.
    I enjoyed the layout and found it better to use than the current spreadsheets available for Wizards as it allows me to check different items.

Sadly as Dretar protected his worksheet I was unable to just make some quick changes and had to remake the whole spreadsheet from scratch (though I only included the DPS part and not the effective health) so that I could get it to work for my Wizard.
    I figured that as I had done that, I may as well upload it for other people to use.

"DPS shown on character sheet" result is there because I am not sure if Magic Weapon with the Force Weapon rune is bugged or not, In theory it should not give the damage increase that shows in the character screen but I have added that in anyway.

Here are the links for it, if you want more mirrors, feel free to ask.
    Rapidshare | Sendspace | Google Docs

The Google Docs version is a little broken, as it does not show the Variant 2 Statistics, but if you download it from Google Docs and open it in Excel, it works fine.

For people without Excel, or people who don't like to download things, I have created an online version using JavaScript.
    It includes the ability to save the data from sessions using cookies so you do not have to renter it when you open the page, though this is option (Little tick box at the bottom).
    It includes the same functionality as the offline version.

http://www.wizarddps...lator.host.org/

Disclaimer:
    The style of the spreadsheet is taken from Dretar's Demon Hunter spreadsheet, if he wishes for me to take it down, it will be taken down without notice, though I hope he does not object to me remaking his spreadsheet for Wizards.
    I found a bug in your spreadsheet. In the Stats after Gear sheet where you calculate the total crit %, it adds the crit damage from the weapon.

Also yes, Magic Weapon buff is bugged when it comes to the Damage Number on your character sheet. The buff itself acts correctly with the damage increase matching that shown in the spell tooltip but for some reason the displayed Damage Number is wrong.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    If your describing what I think you are, its not a bug, if you mean the "Critical Hit Damage (After Gear)" Section, it should be the cumulative amount of critical hit damage from both weapon and gear.
    This should match the Critical hit damage on your character.

If I don't properly understand what you are describing though, could you please elaborate.
    Also you calculate your base weapon attack speed wrong. If I'm reading your spreadsheet right, you're subtracting the IAS on your weapon from the weapon's displayed attack speed, which makes no sense. You need to divide the weapon speed by (1+IAS) to get the base attack speed (and round it).

You are welcome to take a look at the calculations in my spreadsheet and use any of them, none are hidden.
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    Quote from CaluM

If your describing what I think you are, its not a bug, if you mean the "Critical Hit Damage (After Gear)" Section, it should be the cumulative amount of critical hit damage from both weapon and gear.
    This should match the Critical hit damage on your character.

If I don't properly understand what you are describing though, could you please elaborate.

Box L25 = L3+L11+L16, but it shouldn't include L11 since L11 is a crit damage box.
    Should be fixed now, Thanks for noticing those Loroese, I shouldn't do maths at 4am :P
    Updated the guide now so there is an online version done in javascript, for people who do not have access to excel.

It includes the ability to save the data from sessions using cookies so you do not have to renter it when you open the page, though this is option (Little tick box at the bottom).
    It includes the same functionality as the offline version..

http://www.wizarddps...lator.host.org/
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes