My lovely broken wizard

Hiho!

I hate vitality. I really do, it's an awful stat which is super boring! I used to die quite much due to this philosophy, until I hit around level 55 in Hell. I started playing around with the energy shield and melee builds and after alot of tweaking and testing I've settled with this. I give you, the "Chainfreezer Immortal 2.0":

Build:
    Spectral Blades with the Healing Blades glyph
    Energy Twister with the Storm Chaser glyph
    Diamond Skin with the Crystal Shell glyph
    Frost Nova with the Deep Freeze glyph
    Energy Armor with the Force Armor glyph
    Magic Weapon with the Blood Magic glyph

Passives:
    Evocation
    Galvanizing Ward
    Critical Mass

So how do you work this machine? Well it's very simple, ladies and gentlemen! You simply walk up to a bunch of mobs, pop Diamond Skin before you enter their damage reach and then you just freeze them. If there are five or more you will get the Deep Freeze proc, then proceed to launching an Energy Twister into the group, followed by a Spectral Blades (which then releases a second, faster twister aswell). With the 25% crit chance increase you will crit ALOT since there are so many ticks going on. Within a second or so you will have 0 cooldowns, so just use Diamond Skin again, and another freeze. Simply repeat this until all the mobs are dead, it's extremely effective and simple. I usually sit and spam my 1 and 2 keys while varying between left and right clicks.

But Voko, this SOUNDS wonderful and all, but can it actually work in Hell and higher?
    Yes my friend, it can. I have killed Leoric on Inferno with ease, granted he's one of the bosses who's extra weak to this build, but I also cleared elite packs etc before him on inferno so I'd say I can handle stuff pretty nicely.

I should also mention that the reason why you are so safe is because of the broken Energy Armor + Low Vitality + Diamond Skin combo. Let me explain!

Energy Armor with Force armor makes it so that you can only take 35% of your max hp per hit. I have around 13k health on my wizard so that results in a maximum of 4333~ damage per hit as a maximum. Since Diamond Skin is a flat value and has nothing to do with health it absorbs for over 20k for me at level 60 which in return means it can take roughly 5 hits from ANY attack in the game before breaking. Add the spammability (it IS a word) of it with my spec and voila: You will not die!

My gearing is very simple really, this is my prio: Critical Strike (I have about 16% or so) and Damage (very important because I like it)>Int>Everything else>Vitality (if you stack Vitality high your Diamond Skin will absorb fewer hits)

Lastly I want to mention something important: You WILL hit walls where you actually can't defeat a pack. Even in Hell actually. Freezing + Vortex + Arcane Enchanted and the likes. Just run, kite them into a corner and die or just run around them. Elite packs are hard, even with the spec. I usually end up kiting them by running, turning and casting a vortex, running, freeze and cast the other vortex, running, cast another vortex etc. and refresh Diamond Skin whenever I can. It is very tricky, you're not supposed to be able to solo these packs with this gear anyway so doing it is hard even with this spec. The passive crit from your gear helps to keep you alive when you don't have the Deep Freeze proc up.

That about sums it up for me! I've had great pleasure with this spec and its ability to abuse certain mechanics and I hope you will too. I'll try to answer any questions if you have any, other than that, have a great day!

Voko
    Force Armor makes ANY build super effective vs bosses. I'm not saying your build is bad, but if its weak vs champion packs then you are going to be doing a lot of running (and dying).
    I'm surprised you haven't worked in Cold Blooded into this.

edit: Nevermind, Cold Blooded only works for cold damage.
    I have tried this in Inferno, but having a bunch of frozen monsters next to you, that can one-shot you, is not something you want to have.
    I used to run your build. After testing and tweaking I now use:

http://us.battle.net...SdOR!Yfg!caYaZb

I have 32% crit in my current gear and literally can spam my wave of force to an empty bubble. Vortex mobs are a joke because this has no cd.. sucked in blow them away... sucked in a second later.. blow them away. Waller? just spam wave of force as you walk out of the opening. This build will DESTROY hell diablo... wave of force reflects every single one of his projectiles, interrupts the jail spell and not only interrupts his lightning wave channel but also pushes all the lightning away from you. The only times I ever die so far in Inferno is when a pack spawns with jailor and desecrate or molten.

You have plenty of kiting options for too dangerous melee and all the wave of force spam basically shuts down ranged mobs. Just food for thought because I know for a fact your build is completely Inferno viable as well. Idk how you get by with such low crit tho. :) Happy hunting
    Quote from Miasma

I have 32% crit in my current gear and literally can spam my wave of force to an empty bubble. Vortex mobs are a joke because this has no cd.. sucked in blow them away... sucked in a second later.. blow them away. Waller? just spam wave of force as you walk out of the opening. This build will DESTROY hell diablo... wave of force reflects every single one of his projectiles, interrupts the jail spell and not only interrupts his lightning wave channel but also pushes all the lightning away from you. The only times I ever die so far in Inferno is when a pack spawns with jailor and desecrate or molten.

You have plenty of kiting options for too dangerous melee and all the wave of force spam basically shuts down ranged mobs. Just food for thought because I know for a fact your build is completely Inferno viable as well. Idk how you get by with such low crit tho. :) Happy hunting

Just tried this, and it's quite sick lol. I run with frost nove runed with deep freeze though. Thought about anything else than the hydra? Maybe Explosive blast?
    Explosive blast is an excellent option with either obliterate for the range or chain reaction which with 0 cd essentially turns into perma boom. After using it for a while i noticed it remembers how many times you cast it and will give you all 3 explosions per click unless you recast after 1 explosion. You will only get 2 explosions then. I personally enjoy hydra because its extremely defensive and basically passive damage. Further more the venom hydra pools seem to stack in some funny way and I've gotten it up to 7kish per tick if i tank a mob in place with diamond skin. If you perfer spectral blade tho i would definately suggest trying explosive blast because you will always be in range for the explosions.

Probably going to drop pinpoint barrier for force armor because I have so many opportunities to crit that it feels like the 5% crit is wasted in the face of such a powerful defensive option. Already reset the cd's faster than I can use them. I even tested this setup with Archon to see just how many critical mass procs I was getting and sure enough it practically insta-reset Archon so I'm sure there is a soft cap for stacking crit. Still feeling that one out. :)
    Quote from Miasma

Explosive blast is an excellent option with either obliterate for the range or chain reaction which with 0 cd essentially turns into perma boom. After using it for a while i noticed it remembers how many times you cast it and will give you all 3 explosions per click unless you recast after 1 explosion. You will only get 2 explosions then. I personally enjoy hydra because its extremely defensive and basically passive damage. Further more the venom hydra pools seem to stack in some funny way and I've gotten it up to 7kish per tick if i tank a mob in place with diamond skin. If you perfer spectral blade tho i would definately suggest trying explosive blast because you will always be in range for the explosions.

Probably going to drop pinpoint barrier for force armor because I have so many opportunities to crit that it feels like the 5% crit is wasted in the face of such a powerful defensive option. Already reset the cd's faster than I can use them. I even tested this setup with Archon to see just how many critical mass procs I was getting and sure enough it practically insta-reset Archon so I'm sure there is a soft cap for stacking crit. Still feeling that one out. :)

I'll stick with the deep freeze, I'm currently level 57, so my crit isn't high enough (5% unbuffed lol).

I run with the rune that increases the damage instead so they keep stacked. If I go with yours they are too spread and I can't really aoe. Also I don't need the stun since I got Diamond Skin up all the time.

Btw try the Arcane Dynamo(passive), you literally get 75% more damage to every Wave of Force. I just got a fucking 28k crit, and I don't even have a 2h. This. Is. Sick.

Do you go with a 2h or 1h/of? I think 2h is ideal, I will try that once I get a hold of one
    1h/shield cause its awesome when you see huge attack incoming and 'block' pops up over your head. Denied. I did play with Dynamo for a while and it does compliment the build very nicely cause you can even drop +75% hydras if you happen to include that skill. Dropped it solely cause I've been doing alot of Diablo killing and I felt I was wasting alot of dynamo procs cause I use wave to block the fire shots instead of for dps so I'm usually not in range to even hit him with it. This is also why I wasn't using force armor because almost all of diablo's actual damage is dot based and completely circumvents the 35% rule. Deep freeze is solid too I just didn't like that nova doesn't do damage. I would probably replace WoF with Explosive blast if not for the defensive applications of Wave and run with dynamo/time bomb's if I wanted to go pure dps boom'ing. For your strategy you get +90% if you froze them and dropped a 5 stack mine on them. Kaboom lol.
    cool stuff guys
    It looks like all end-game wizard builds are centered around the "zero vitality + force armor + diamond skin" combo. Not saying it's bad but as of now it's the first candidate for a nerf.
    mad cuz bad
    Quote from Miasma

How exactly do you spam Wave of Force when it's on a 15sec cooldown?
    Quote from Vaga

Quote from Miasma

How exactly do you spam Wave of Force when it's on a 15sec cooldown?

Are you serious?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes