Best follower for Wizard?

What is, in your oppinion, the best follower for a Wizard in the different difficulties.

Normal:
    Nightmare:
    Hell:
    Inferno:
    I like scoundrel for a lot of reasons.

Powered shot has AOE and stun
    crippling shot slows targets
    Vanish is good survivability and deaggro
    Anatomy gives a nice crit bonus. Lots of wizards abilities require crits to pop off.

seems perfect for Wiz imo.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. While the CC from the Enchantress seems really nice, it can also get in your way I think.

I don't see a melee character working very well either so the survivability and single target DPS of the scoundrel seems perfect.
    Last I heard, follower dmg was an absolute joke.
    I would definitely try to avoid anything pure dmg oriented.

If the Templar can't stay alive in inferno, then he is useless and he isn't supposed to be useless.
    Do you want to get scammed? Perhaps a nice keylogger?
    "Just google "diablo 3 gold guide" and magical rainbow covered demons will assault your eyes."
    I will likely bring the Templar because I'll be playing HC and he can throw a few heals my way. Although later on if those heals become negligible I'll likely go with Enchantress for the CC.
    And may the odds be ever in your favour.
    Emmo#2406
    None of the 3 followers will be useless, of course you have to understand that gearing them up appropriately for hell or inferno is a given.
    Would you be able to survive inferno with shit gear? No. The same criteria goes for your follower.

As to answet the OP, I will use the templar as Wiz.
    One of the Chosen
    Templar, that is all.
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    Probably gonna be using the Templar, unless he proves to die pretty easily.
    Quote from Hardkoar

None of the 3 followers will be useless, of course you have to understand that gearing them up appropriately for hell or inferno is a given.
    Would you be able to survive inferno with shit gear? No. The same criteria goes for your follower.

As to answet the OP, I will use the templar as Wiz.

Can only equip rings, amulet, weapon / shield and some "Follower only" items you get from quests on them. Their armor / HP and survivability should be pretty good at all times.
    If the templar dies easily at the later difficulties(inferno), which is a big possibility(unless you get awesome gear), I think Im gonna go with the enchantress.
    Quote from BlackMarch

Can only equip rings, amulet, weapon / shield and some "Follower only" items you get from quests on them. Their armor / HP and survivability should be pretty good at all times.

Even though this is speculation but Shield and "Follower only"-items should give the Templar a massive advantage as a blocker compared to the other followers if you are going to play a "standard" wizard. (Probably a ranged follower would be better for a melee-build.)
    Bandyto#2350
    EU
    I would pick Templar, just because he seems he would yield the most survivability.
    One is never hurt by being given additional choices, only by taking them away.
    A QUADRILLION MAGIC FIND is worthless if you can't kill shit!
    I will only be using a follower (playing single player) for quest progression, for which I think the Templar can be the most useful (meat shield)

For farming and the like I'll be going multiplayer, so no follower
    Templar is the logical choice i think... but his voice and comments annoyed the crap outta me in the beta so dunno lol
    Quote from jungle_woman

I like scoundrel for a lot of reasons.
    seems perfect for Wiz imo.

What??

Templar, if he has good survivability. Enchantress, if he does not.
    I'd say templar just to tank for you somewhat. He'll probably die all the time once you get to Hell though.
    Quote from mootwizz

Templar is the logical choice i think... but his voice and comments annoyed the crap outta me in the beta so dunno lol

That might be the best argument I've heard thus far to not use the templar.
    Though you could always turn sound off I suppose.
    Do you want to get scammed? Perhaps a nice keylogger?
    "Just google "diablo 3 gold guide" and magical rainbow covered demons will assault your eyes."
    I wonder if templar gets the 30% damage reduction that barbarians and monks get since he is a melee character as well.
    slow, blind, stun, and dps buffs. I'm planning on going with the scoundrel

Quote from Mysticjbyrd

Last I heard, follower dmg was an absolute joke.
    I would definitely try to avoid anything pure dmg oriented.

more specifically, we've seen 'templar' dmg nerfed to being a joke, and he's not meant to deal damage in the first place.
    his damage in the beta cannot be considered conclusive evidence to that the other two follower's dmg will be crap as well. [and they, on the other hand, aren't meant to be sturdy in the first place]
    -------------------------------------------------------
    My Templar died in the beta once and came back by himself about a minute later. How does this work? They just come back automatically as a part of the mechanics of them?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes