Elemental Cannon

Decided to see how much dmg enhancers I could fit in one build. This is what I came up with:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bZkgSj!YWe!ZZYZZa

Key points:
    - 1 signature (firebolts for conflag)
    - 1 single target ap spender (rof for cold blood)
    - 1 aoe ap spender (meteor: comet for cold blood)
    - +dmg enhancers (time warp, force weapon, sparkflint, glass cannon, cold blood, conflagration)

Depending on +dmg calculations this build would give +92% (additive, more likely) or +135% (multiplicative) bonus damage.

Firebolts and sparkflint should keep conflag up and then the frost spells are there for damage. The best thing about this setup is that comet can be swapped with some low lvl blizzard rune and build can be used already at level 35. It's also a lot less dependant on cooldowns unlike f.ex. archon-based builds.

Thoughts, comments?
    Seems very very odd.

You made a glass cannon build with no defense and a melee signature spell.

To put it simply... you will die.

It could be a funny build to try at early level but you can't use it until 48 so you'll basically be in Hell and I don't think this build would be able to survive in Hell.
    It seems that you've tried to convert everything you can to cold damage, but you're taking conflag to increase your one source of actual fire damage, fire bolt. If you forgot about that one, it could free up a passive, which could allow you to take something like arcane dynamo, that combined with a charged blast magic missile could do some serious damage for no cost.
    hmm, nice, in theory that setup will deal a shitload of damage, especially if its a single target, with conflagration activated and then RoF the shit out of that target while comets come from the outer space. On the other hand I dont know if it will do well against packs of monsters coming at you in the later difficulties as you only have slow time to protect yourself.
    Another thing is the amount of AP you will be using, I might be wrong but it seems like your AP pool may go low pretty quickly if you start spamming things like comet and RoF constantly. Maybe you could use prodigy instead of glass cannon? I know it wont be maximum damage build but it might just work out better if your aim is to spam as much as possible. Id also consider changing either the familiar or the magic weapon for an armor spell or diamond skin for a better chance of survival on inferno.

Seems very very odd.

You made a glass cannon build with no defense and a melee signature spell.

To put it simply... you will die.

It could be a funny build to try at early level but you can't use it until 48 so you'll basically be in Hell and I don't think this build would be able to survive in Hell.

Time warp is basicly for defence. I agree that for Hell there's need for more defence. Afaik fire bolts is not melee, though it most likely isn't too accurate either. With blizzard it's usable at 35 so that's almost full nightmare.

It seems that you've tried to convert everything you can to cold damage, but you're taking conflag to increase your one source of actual fire damage, fire bolt. If you forgot about that one, it could free up a passive, which could allow you to take something like arcane dynamo, that combined with a charged blast magic missile could do some serious damage for no cost.

Firebolt and sparkflint (if it deals fire dmg, tooltip is a bit vague) are meant to debuff enemies with conflag (+10%dmg from ALL spells for next 3 secs afaik). And during debuff you blast cold. Just occured that time warp just might also prolong conflag debuff time.

hmm, nice, in theory that setup will deal a shitload of damage, especially if its a single target, with conflagration activated and then RoF the shit out of that target while comets come from the outer space. On the other hand I dont know if it will do well against packs of monsters coming at you in the later difficulties as you only have slow time to protect yourself.
    Another thing is the amount of AP you will be using, I might be wrong but it seems like your AP pool may go low pretty quickly if you start spamming things like comet and RoF constantly. Maybe you could use prodigy instead of glass cannon? I know it wont be maximum damage build but it might just work out better if your aim is to spam as much as possible. Id also consider changing either the familiar or the magic weapon for an armor spell or diamond skin for a better chance of survival on inferno.

Like your ideas. Especially swapping force weapon & glass cannon for survivability/ap regen if need be.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes