Gief feedback to this wizard build

Made this Build for Co-op:

http://us.battle.net...Zfjk!Yea!ZZaaaZ

You only need to be lvl 34 to use it. Since is for Co-op i have removed some Defensive abilities and so i have increased the damage.

So the Passive skills are:
    - Glass Cannon
    - Conflagration
    - Blur

I think GC and Blur make a nice team togueter :P About the damage itself, the main skill is fire, having the Ray of Frost Numb and the Ice Armor Chiing Aura for more defensive and situational occasions.

Having the Diamond Skin... well what i can say to that -_- (depends the situation your in, if it is trash or boss) despite being a defensive skill, when u add Prism Rune basically u can say "hmm if reduces the arcane cost for 7, and the Meteor Star Pact is 35, so it becomes 28 hehe :D" Basically its almost "geez omg gonna release hell in those 6s"

Tell me What u think about this Build? U think u might change anything?
    After seeing the wizard spotlight made this frost Co-op build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UZYOjg!XWY!YbcYaZ

Cold blooded (+20% dmg on frozen and chilled targets) + Glass Cannon (+15% dmg) + Familiar Sparkflint (+12% dmg) + Slow Time Time Warp (+20% dmg) just do the math :P

Fell free to comment if u think u can change anything :)
    Quote from Lixada

http://us.battle.net...YOjg!XWY!YbcYaZ

Cold blooded (+20% dmg on frozen and chilled targets) + Glass Cannon (+15% dmg) + Familiar Sparkflint (+12% dmg) + Slow Time Time Warp (+20% dmg) just do the math :P

I thought about a frost build as well. This looks interesting but if it's a coop build, I don't see much use for energy armor. In addition you're rather lacking in the AoE department which is why personally I would take Blizzard instead of an armor spell...specifically if it's coop.

While I see what the goal of the Slow Time spell...once again this is a co op build? Not sure how often a wizard is going to be in the thick of the action if you're playing with others, specifcally if you play with a barb or monk who is melee. That being said...I question how often the damage buff on Slow Time will be effective if you're nuking from range.

Just my thoughts though...
    About the blizzard spell i might agree on your point, i would problably use the Snowbound rune on it, tho this is what i think :):

Despite u might not need an energy armor, i know that when u have 4 players in a match, mobs will have more HP, will be Tougher (now imagine if u increase dificulty) also every time u start or continue a game, its a random shot in the air, u dont even know what kind of enemies ull find because of the randomization; you can say "u have a barb and a monk plus an DH in party, seems a good ods for u" but if u see the only defensive ability u have is Frost Nova and u must in a melle range (it has a nice range tho) to use it... now u have Glass Cannon, good dmg but you lack armor and resists; with the energy u ll get +50% armor plus having the ability of having only hits that wont be higher than 35% more. Imagine u find 2 packs of elites for example extra fast and teleporting, doesnt make me a lot of sense using blizzard on mobs that teleport and melle hit u.

But the truth is not always we problably have 2 packs of elites on the same time :) maybe in Act 1 and 2 where is more easy i might remove the energy armor and place blizzard.

About the Slow Time u ll fight bosses that require single target and not aoe unless is an Signature Spell in order to gain AP. I think it might help in some fights (maybe not on others) but we have only saw a boss in the beta, and a few in BlizzCon if im correct, and the several times u make part 1 of act1 i only saw the same kinds of elites. :P
    I don't want to give any feedback ever, you infuriate me.
    Ne frustra vixisse videar.
    Plus i think the +20% damage from Time Warp is for all party members (correct me if im wrong) so it might be good at some occasions :lol:
    Quote from Lixada

http://us.battle.net...YOjg!XWY!YbcYaZ

Cold Blooded gives 20% more COLD damage to frozen and chilled targets, meaning you can pick up Meteor and rune it to Comet (deals cold damage) for an awesome nuke.
    Yea- no doubt that Slow Time will be extremely helpful for +20% dmg to an enemy. I was only questioning how often it will "work" in a sense that you will be effectively able to utilize it and drop it around a group of bad guys.
    Quote from Aztheron

Cold Blooded gives 20% more COLD damage to frozen and chilled targets, meaning you can pick up Meteor and rune it to Comet (deals cold damage) for an awesome nuke.

I know its cold damage, but the comet is 60 AP in order to place that i need to make some changes, remember the Ray of Frost Cold Blood it says "reduce casting cost to 0 AP" but u still have 12 AP/cycle In order to use Comet what you ll remove and place? :)

Quote from ashtehn

Yea- no doubt that Slow Time will be extremely helpful for +20% dmg to an enemy. I was only questioning how often it will "work" in a sense that you will be effectively able to utilize it and drop it around a group of bad guys.

I cant say that in numbers, because i dont know all the encounters, but the few bosses ive seen i can say this: SK uses some teleport on a specific player, but in the begining of the fight hes static, so u can use the bubble there. In the Siegebreaker in the first 10s, he barely move u can place the bubble there (and u dont need to hug him so he can be inside) and theres another boss that i dont remember his name, was one of the Azmodan´s Lieutenant, where was in a small room, and hes fat as well :P .

Problably i wont use it on trash, maybe on some elite mobs, and bosses, but in my case must of my friends wont play diablo, (they play WoW) so i ll problably play with Pugs, Might change the Build according the setup i have, it can be this or another build :D
    Quote from Lixada

Quote from Aztheron

I know its cold damage, but the comet is 60 AP in order to place that i need to make some changes, remember the Ray of Frost Cold Blood it says "reduce casting cost to 0 AP" but u still have 12 AP/cycle In order to use Comet what you ll remove and place? :)

My playstyle is more aggresive, I would switch Force Armor to Energy Tap and Ray of Frost to Snow Blast :)

In my opinion removing the Familiar and switching Glass Cannon to Arcane Dynamo at higher levels would be a better choice.
    Also, maybe it's just me, but i don't find Force Armor that useful.

But like i said, that's just how i like to play.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes