Save BlizzCrit/Archon/Cooldown Reduction Build

Hey guys, while playing around with the skill calculator I came up with this idea:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#mlgZci!Tbe!bababc

I think this could be a really save and efficient build with many synergies. U should just check it out yourself. I guess there is no need to explain it that much, should be pretty much self explanatory.

IMO its a really solid build. But maybe I made a mistake that I just dont see. If so, or if you have any other suggestions/constructive criticism, just let me know!

peace
    =╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=
    =╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=
    =╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=
    =╩=╦=╩=╦=╩Crankson╦=╩
    =
    =╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=
    I made one similar, the archon can get a lot of crits and kills on it's own to lower the cooldown and increase its duration simply by putting on crit mass as it has disintegrate as one of it's moves. This archon will be weaker then any other form of archon by that rune and passive choice. If the cooldown is reduced by those passives driectly from the base amount, you have a 56 second gap to close with crit procs and kills. If you've seen the wiz possibilities with disintegrate in kills the cooldown reduction might well be overkill.

There is not in effect a lot of damage boosting synergy in this build. The archon is getting nothing beyond cooldowns being reduced, black ice helps it none with the skills it's been presented to have so far.
    Blizzard and nova will set up your black ice for a few seconds but you then only have a single heavy hitting move with a cooldown on it and so you will be having increased damage not with a huge bomb but your AP booster which only hits 3 targets.
    You probably won't be out of archon form very often but it won't be as strong a form as it could be and when your not in it you have clearly gone very actively defensive/evasive and have low damage but reasonably strong spike AoE ability.

Would be nice if we had a bit more information about the archon for this type of thing.
    Well, I just assumed something different then you. I thought we would just get the same spells we have out of archon form, but everything stronger or modified. That assumption is based on knowing how Blizzard designs things and it would be the most logical to me. Of course either of us could be right. If it's as you think, this spec would really not be any good. But if my assumption is correct, then there are synergies and stuff all over the place and it would be pretty powerful in terms of damage and survivability.
    Also, the 12 AP every cast from Electrocute should be enough to maintain the dps pretty well with a faster cast rate then the base value. At least thats my feeling, we cant really say it until the game is out i guess.

Thanks for the nice reply anyway!
    =╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=
    =╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=
    =╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=
    =╩=╦=╩=╦=╩Crankson╦=╩
    =
    =╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=╦=╩=
    You may find Archon skill here: Arcane Blast, Arcane Strike, Disintagration Wave, Slow Time and Teleport.
    Sorry for bad English ^_^'
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes