Cant get into mp10 at act1

Hey Guys, I have a little problem with advancing/farming on mp10 with my cob-WD.

Heres my build :

http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/sTro-2350/hero/2820513

mp9 is manageable, although reflectdmg on fat/stunning packs are hell of a pain and barely managable. Im dying like 4-6 times per run on mp9.

Additionally, im very new to WD ( only p31 ) , so maybe my playstyle is not fine enough.

Btw, where and on which mp would you farm lvl ? Atm im doing festering, misery and weeping on mp8/9.

Thanks in advance!
    Couple of things I've noticed about gear + build:-

Your all resist seems kinda low for mp10, I'd aim for 700+. My WD has 850+ which seems overkill but I got lucky with some crafted items (gloves mainly) Another couple hundred armour wouldn't hurt also.

Your total damage reduction on d3up is showing as 83.36%, ideally this needs to be somewhere around the 90% mark. Do you have any crafted bracers with all res you can try using? I'd be very tempted to lose dps for survivability and swap those Inna's pants for rare pants with Int + Vit + 60+ All Res + 2 sockets.

On build, you can try this build which is fairly similar to yours http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hcjdUQ!cTY!acYYZb
    Or, try swapping Grasp of the Dead for Mass Confusion - Paranoia or Hex - Jinx
    Quote from GingerAnger

Couple of things I've noticed about gear + build:-

Your all resist seems kinda low for mp10, I'd aim for 700+. My WD has 850+ which seems overkill but I got lucky with some crafted items (gloves mainly) Another couple hundred armour wouldn't hurt also.

Your total damage reduction on d3up is showing as 83.36%, ideally this needs to be somewhere around the 90% mark. Do you have any crafted bracers with all res you can try using? I'd be very tempted to lose dps for survivability and swap those Inna's pants for rare pants with Int + Vit + 60+ All Res + 2 sockets.

On build, you can try this build which is fairly similar to yours http://eu.battle.net...jdUQ!cTY!acYYZb
    Or, try swapping Grasp of the Dead for Mass Confusion - Paranoia or Hex - Jinx

Im crafting like a madman to get my hands on decent bracers and gloves with allres.

Would you still change the pants? Id loose 12%ms, which is very important for me in terms of runspeed.

Is Hex really that good? the polymorph is slow and unstable and i cant control who he will hex anyway?
    Firebats build is work-able with 12% Movement Speed.

I, myself, have been running with my 0-CD Dogs build since mid-February, when it was just "a turning point of price" so it was relatively cheap.

Okay, back to OP, like Ginger advised:

1) Rare Pants with 2 open sockets >>> 146+ int / 184+ vit / 60+ All Resistance / high +Armor

2) Put two high-end Int Gems into the new Pants (#1)

3) Even though PU Radius really awesome, you may want to pray that crafted Int Shoulders give it to you, your boots is another Defensive slot for more All Resistance.

Just about those 3 things for now.
    Foundation (Start-to-Mid tier) Gearchecker; [US] unless stated
    1) CMWIZ PL91, [EU]PL62 Crit NatsHelm; 2) 0-CD Dogs since MID-FEB 2013 PL44;
    3) "Stunball Barrage" (Tball+F@W) Vengeance DH PL43 (1slot for H.Globe + PUR slot);
    4) Lazy-Dbl-LS Monk PL48
    5) Fundamental Barb (least played)
    Quote from Lotware
    snip

run speed isn't necessarily vital solo. with 3 WW barbs, it's much more beneficial.

and typically you'll want a minimum of 14 pickup radius, so you can always lose it one place and make up for it in another.
    Quote from Fess

Quote from Lotware
    snip

run speed isn't necessarily vital solo. with 3 WW barbs, it's much more beneficial.

and typically you'll want a minimum of 14 pickup radius, so you can always lose it one place and make up for it in another.

Yeah I remember the days when I always wanted 14 radius for any class and I would get at least 12, I just couldn't stand how people played with 0 from gear, and then during Azmodan runs (if there were awkwardly placed Chests, the gold pile drops behind the chest and 1.5 default yards just couldnt reach it for the life of me), and if I did go for Pickup Radius on certain pieces... I always end up with troubles of upgrading further down. And then also most people play with hardly any (just like the four bottom properties [Worst to better --> Thorns, Life Regen, PUR, Health Globes,,] or as a WD, just rely on the Frog.
    Foundation (Start-to-Mid tier) Gearchecker; [US] unless stated
    1) CMWIZ PL91, [EU]PL62 Crit NatsHelm; 2) 0-CD Dogs since MID-FEB 2013 PL44;
    3) "Stunball Barrage" (Tball+F@W) Vengeance DH PL43 (1slot for H.Globe + PUR slot);
    4) Lazy-Dbl-LS Monk PL48
    5) Fundamental Barb (least played)
    You're dying because you have low damage reduction. Your resist isn't that bad (900 with Soul Harvest) but your armor is low by comparison sitting at only 3200. I'd suggest looking for +Armor stats on gear, I think it would help. Also getting as close to 3% life steal as you can if you stick to 1 handed.
    On Diabro3 your ideal mp lvl to farm is just 8, maybe 9-10 are just too much for a nice and quick farm.
    Quote from Attil

On Diabro3

is that the asian version of the game?
    Like others have stated get things like your Armor up.

Don't worry about 24% movement on a firebats build, you'll want to have the ability to facetank over running quickly anyways in the end. Playing a cloud of bats build with barbs in game is usually a losing battle for the WD as the barbs will always have things feared causing you to need to move and re-cast, move re-cast reducing your overall efficiency in dealing out DPS...unless you have some barb friends who are kind enough to give up their precious echo for a run or two. Usually I'll make sure there is a monk pulling somewhere in the party if barbs are going to be involved.

Grotesques, Hulking Beasts, Savage beasts, and reflect can all be easily countered with well timed spirit walks. In areas like the weeping hollow, I'll be sure to get a nice healthy group of enemies to follow me into the battle where any of those types of enemies are that way I have a constant flow of enemies to steal life from to negate reflect, or enough enemies dying so that my spirit walk can be instantly re-activated by the time the first has run out. You just have to be more aware to the signs that a beast is going to charge, and you REALLY have to get familiar with the bursty glow reflect mobs will have before they full out activate it. With all your DPS buffs up you should be able to kill, or nearly have killed anything withing 2 spirit walks if they were popped back to back. It's all in the timing.
    Quote from Fess

Quote from Attil

On Diabro3

is that the asian version of the game?

It's just a cool website where you'are able to check your ideal mp lvl. I got no problems with it.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes