Yet another WD advice thread; 100mil budget

Hello there,

after lurking around for a while I decided to finally create my own thread.

I've recently switched from playing Barb to WD and I'm actually having fun with the game again, best decision I've made in the game so far.

Since I've amassed some gold now I wanted to deck out my WD with some nifty gear, the long term goal would be doing MP10 solo but right now I'd be more than fine with farming mp5-6 alone in somewhat decent speed.

Question is, would that be possible with a budget of 100 mil? If so, what kind of gear would I have to buy for my WD in order to do it?

The build I'm using probably isn't the best for mp5-6 but farming mp0 and netting about 50mil XP/Hour is what I'm doing right now and the build is superb for that.

Anyway, I'd appreciate the help from you seasoned WDs to a newcomer.

Here's my profile link: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DrFetus-2174/hero/8878314

Thank you and have a great day!
    suggestion,get a Skorn with high dps(at least 1300-1400) and over 350 intel.Also make sure that the Skorn has life steal,socket and big bleed dmg.As for socket put the highest emerald you can make.Also if you can,try to find a good Hellfire Ring and an amulet with intel(urs have nice stats,but it lacks the intel.try to find one with crit chance and dmg and intel)
    just bluff crit, cd, main, resist, life. that's it. of course, all of them coming off your weapon, so get a high dps one.
    Quote from TheFetus

Hello there,

after lurking around for a while I decided to finally create my own thread.

I've recently switched from playing Barb to WD and I'm actually having fun with the game again, best decision I've made in the game so far.

Since I've amassed some gold now I wanted to deck out my WD with some nifty gear, the long term goal would be doing MP10 solo but right now I'd be more than fine with farming mp5-6 alone in somewhat decent speed.

Question is, would that be possible with a budget of 100 mil? If so, what kind of gear would I have to buy for my WD in order to do it?

The build I'm using probably isn't the best for mp5-6 but farming mp0 and netting about 50mil XP/Hour is what I'm doing right now and the build is superb for that.

Anyway, I'd appreciate the help from you seasoned WDs to a newcomer.

Here's my profile link: http://eu.battle.net...74/hero/8878314

Thank you and have a great day!

I'm sorry, but what is the point in playing a Hack & Slash ARPG if you need to ask people what to buy with your money? As if the hand holding of the game isn't enough, you actually also have to go the extra mile to get even more help than what the game already offers by asking people what to buy? With the ability to never screw up a character, I think you can at least explore a little yourself and buy your own gear to compliment your own build (though I assume you might be using a build someone wrote a guide to on here as well).

This game will get very boring for you, very quickly, if this is how you choose to play. Alternatively, what is the point in even playing those difficulties if not for the gear drops other than paragon levels?

Please, live a little and experiment on your own.
    Jellyfish are the one and only true Wizards
    @Ghost_Sanguis:
    As someone who made the switch to WD recently, I can completely understand him. I have three different wizard sets and experimented A LOT with different items and builds, but since WD is such an amazing class with hundreds of different possible combinations of skills that actually work, it's so hard to try out all these combination. Even after days of reading guides and experimenting it wasn't obvious to me that IAS is actually not a good stat (and why it's not). He is asking for "what kind of gear", some pointers, and not for a ready-made shopping list.

@TheFetus:
    So, for example, get a decent Skorn, focus on CC+CD on your gear, try to keep IAS low, and max int (most important stat imho). That was essentially what made the search for items not like a simple shopping list, but helped me to avoid millions on overpriced crap.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes