[complete guide] by Projax 1.0.5 WD

You do realise how slow your kill speed is right? How can your skull still think, what your doing is effective?

Your indeed a special one.
    Currently played toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/8990624
    Profit: Flipping/Sniping: 6577€

I'm going down to eat now. Enjoy.

Actually audio is over the top -- will repost video once that is replaced. Circus music seemed more appropriate anyway.

Long and short, it's not that we can't run MP5, it's that we've done the math and we wisely choose not to run MP5.
    Huminator, yeah it's slow for mp0. Emberos, you're right it's a real nonsence )) Good luck, kids.

P.S. What a bunch of noobs
    Have fun with your effective 25m xp /hour KyKaH. May you have luck with your drops (You need it badly, due to slow arse farming speed)
    Currently played toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/8990624
    Quote from Emberos

Long and short, it's not that we can't run MP5, it's that we've done the math and we wisely choose not to run MP5.

Quote from KyKaH

What a bunch of noobs

P.S. Huminator, thank you again for attention to my person. It is funny that you guys forgot Projax setup and we all discussing mine even I did not ask for that )) I like you, but I doubt you can kill elites in 5-15 sec on mp5 as I do. Probably you can kill one as Emberos did in his troll video. You saying my farming speed is slow, yes I don't have top setup or top gear or 250k unbuffed dps, I'm not even near the top... But your farming speed on mp5 would be 20 times slower than mine - there's no reason for you to go mp5 because you got no defence, you char is unbalanced, I suggest you farm hell difficulty - it will be even faster than mp0. I guess "it's not you can't run MP5, it's that you've done the math and wisely choose not to run MP5" ))) :Thumbs Up:
    Quote from Huminator

The best way you can personal find out is trying out both. Do your route in your current setup, calculate your xp gain per hour. And then do the exact same on lets say mp0 or 1 with a decent skorn. Again calculate your xp gained per hour. And wolla, you start to get a picture each way and which perform better than the other.

So I bought a skorn with damage range 1200-1600, 289 crit damage after 100%gem over 300 int I don't have exact stats on me on my mobile again.

The test results... Actually favored my one hand mojo setup... I tested mp0 5stacks of neph and I was on 3mil in 2min... With the skorn I only hit 2mil for 2min...

I did notice the skorn would def hit a little harder than the 1hand but in my case because my 1h's average hit is over 1200 ( thanks to my elemental contribution from gear) I would actually move faster as I would crit hit a lot more... 49.5 with the 1h setup 39.5 the 2h

So I'll take back my gimped remark for the 2h as I bought one that put me on 230+ unbuffed... so not much difference in terms of char sheet...

So If you had 50% cc with a 1h and the same with a 2h "dps" doesn't make much of a difference...

What I did notice was my 25% ias bonus makes ghost bomb's animation timing and cast faster than acid rain... the larger damage radius of 28 yards makes a difference in overlapping chains...

I'm using ghost bomb and stutter stepping here and there but I also use soul harvest and sacrifice for elites meaning they drop with out me loosing spirit walk...

Basically I'm heading back towards in the long run a 1h setup only because with perfect gear 1h will come out on top because 10% cc is a huge loss.. The highest dps wd on the us has 1%cc = 6k

The thing I love about this thread and all can agree here is that the wd is probably the most versatile class, so many different options... At the end of the day most have similar results just different play styles...

can someone point out a decent software to record gameplay.

Huminator damage per cast may be higher for the skorn in my gear it's the weaker option... My axe isn't amazing but scaled with my gear it's better than most echo's.

About d3up I use the "skills" section that shows you how much damage per cast you do so it is very helpful. I can calculate unbuffed builds against different gear. It's a great site. It's live gear check site. And it shows that the higher I scale my "dps" on the char sheet the more damage per cast I can get my spells out. For example dogs sacrifice hits for 600+ each unbuffed and over 1mil each fully buffed...

I don't have the mana for acid rain but I wish the cast timer was faster.. It feels a little slow that's a feeling maybe not accurate...

Are u on us server huminator?
    I'm playing on eu. I got no idea how you can have mana issues. My i guess your using some odd build. Try testing it out again using the following spec.

http://eu.battle.net...YVXd!TYZ!aZZcZY

Use Spirit walk on cooldown, this is your mana regen source, also use horrify on cooldown as its a mobility skill like spirit walk. Ignore the summon zombie dogs skill, its just there to make your sacced dogs dropping health globes, your source of dogs is circle of life(passive). There is no other usefull 6th skill anyways. And the extra globes helps maintain gruesome feast. I have provoke the pack on sac to give an extra 15% dmg. Combine that with always having 5 stacks soul harvest and solid uptime on gruesome feast. I can get away with using a one hander + source, as i still one shot all trash. The bonus of using a source is the additionel 20 yards pickup radius you get. I'm currently having 53 yards pickup radius, and its just pure sexyness. I basicly have no cooldown on spiritwalk and no cooldown on stalker(Horrify). All the above combined, enables me to run almost 80m xp /hour. Pickup radius is your friend running like this. In my case with 53 yards, it means that practically every mob i kill, no matter if it die off screen, it still gives mana and health and even more important cooldown reduction. (Spiritwalk, Horrify) Usain Bolt go home. My witch doctos dominates you xD

Edit: I use hellfire ring and Leoric's signet on both myself and my follower. Giving me a total of 190.7% xp running mp1.

Here is my armory profile. I'm currently using 1 hander + source aswell.

http://eu.battle.net...973/hero/417671
    Hello Witch Doctors,

I just rolled one budget WD and found the acid rain spec to be fun. But I wonder for my gear status would it be better with 2h or 1h+mojo?
    From what I concluded maybe try get a skorn is the better budget version. Alot of talk about 1h vs 2h and I can see both side of the coin, but is it just me or isn't it more cheap to get a budget 2h build with some Pickup in other slots.

Here is my profile for reference:
    eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Megamatch-2607/

I am not very good geared so please dont laugh, I just hate AH browsing and rather get a decent setup and just go kill stuff.

EDIT:
    I'd like to add that farming higher MP's is of no concern for me atm, I just want to pump up my paragon level so I can get a decent amount of MF.
    Also my budget is around 10mill, preferbly less! I'm the kinda guy that see's something on the AH and thinks:
    - Should I?
    - Nah.. it's too risky
    - Or is it? Maybe it can be flipped for great profit
    - Naaah I dont wanna lose
    - Heck ill buy it!
    - Darn someone bought it and flipped for 5mill profit...
    Quote from KyKaH

Tuna, SH does not scale with int you have, it GF that scales

Quote from Tuna9719

... the dmg amount scales with the amount of IAS, CD, and CC you have. Obviously its always 650 int with 5 stacks... This conversation is getting embarrassing. Check that - it got embarrassing a while ago.

Quote from KyKaH

Tuna, I don't get your point. You saying SH does 18k dps for me, next thing you saying how int scales with damage. What are you trying to say?

:facepalm:

Quote from KyKaH

You saying my farming speed is slow, yes I don't have top setup

It took a while, but he got there eventually.
    @fizzle -- Projaxs has a pretty good budget guided linked in original post.
    Quote from maka

And you're local parrot I guess... Nice profile too, I'm sure yours is in the tops :hehe: Next time before quoting read carefully and think at least for 5 seconds :Thumbs Up:
    Quote from Huminator

Usain Bolt go home. My witch doctor dominates you xD

This cracked me up a little bit. Well played.
    Quote from fizzleboltz

Hello Witch Doctors,

I just rolled one budget WD and found the acid rain spec to be fun. But I wonder for my gear status would it be better with 2h or 1h+mojo?
    From what I concluded maybe try get a skorn is the better budget version. Alot of talk about 1h vs 2h and I can see both side of the coin, but is it just me or isn't it more cheap to get a budget 2h build with some Pickup in other slots.

Here is my profile for reference:
    eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Megamatch-2607/

I am not very good geared so please dont laugh, I just hate AH browsing and rather get a decent setup and just go kill stuff.

EDIT:
    I'd like to add that farming higher MP's is of no concern for me atm, I just want to pump up my paragon level so I can get a decent amount of MF.
    Also my budget is around 10mill, preferbly less! I'm the kinda guy that see's something on the AH and thinks:
    - Should I?
    - Nah.. it's too risky
    - Or is it? Maybe it can be flipped for great profit
    - Naaah I dont wanna lose
    - Heck ill buy it!
    - Darn someone bought it and flipped for 5mill profit...

Fizz I just bought one off ah for 15mil with very decent stats to test but i'm usin my 1h setup as its pretty high end.. i'm on us server if you like i'll sell u it for 10mil send an add request

stats:

1400.2 dps
    1202-1599 damage
    1.0 attack speed
    294 min
    264 max
    50% dam
    337 int
    c dam 188 (free socket)
    95.7% chance on bleed

it all depends on gear and what i have seen also acid clould in build profits greatly from using the visage helm with cc and high acid cc roll to compensate the cc lost from mojo... =)
    Quote from Emberos

Quote from Huminator

Quote from Emberos

Quote from Huminator

agreed =)
    Let me know when you tried it out Morkai. Id like to know the result of it.
    great built im gonna try it thanks!
    Quote from KyKaH

Quote from maka

And you're local parrot I guess... Nice profile too, I'm sure yours is in the tops :hehe: Next time before quoting read carefully and think at least for 5 seconds :Thumbs Up:

Wow, you're still here. Some people just enjoy getting schooled, I guess.

Thanks for checking out my profile, glad you're taking an interest.

I play strictly self-drops and trades with friends, by the way. Not that you care, you're just the class clown being the class clown.
    Ok, noobs, I took a little time and did two runs, on mp0 and mp5. Same dps, same move speed, same gear. The same run took me 12 mins on mp5 and 9 minutes on mp0. I've got me 31 yellow items and 1 legendary item on mp5 , 15 yellow items on mp0. I guess you can argue all day long wich is better mp0 or mp5, and do your math. Unfortunately I forgot to take notice on exp, but you math heads can estimate the difference between 9 and 12 minutes for same number of mobs killed taking in account additional xp bonus. I'm done here, wise guys. Probably could do next run to count xp, but I feel like I should not cast pearls before swine.

Maka, you're just not in my weight category, sorry.
    Your about the most clueless person ive ever experienced on a forum.
    Quote from KyKaH

Ok, noobs, I took a little time and did two runs, on mp0 and mp5. Same dps, same move speed, same gear. The same run took me 12 mins on mp5 and 9 minutes on mp0. I've got me 31 yellow items and 1 legendary item on mp5 , 15 yellow items on mp0. I guess you can argue all day long wich is better mp0 or mp5, and do your math. Unfortunately I forgot to take notice on exp, but you math heads can estimate the difference between 9 and 12 minutes for same number of mobs killed taking in account additional xp bonus. I'm done here, wise guys. Probably could do next run to count xp, but I feel like I should not cast pearls before swine.

Maka, you're just not in my weight category, sorry.

Well, assuming you got approximately the same amount of experience in both runs and took the exact same route and didn't get any shrines...I believe you get a 60% bonus for doing MP5 over MP0. Assuming you have no leorics signet and no hellfire ring, you are already getting 175% experience with 5 stacks on MP0. Therefore, you are getting a total of 235% experience with 5 stacks on MP5. 235%/175% = 34.3% more experience and 33% more time to do each run. If you have a hellfire and/or leorics, the gap between increase in time vs. increase in exp flips the other way (with hellfire = 270%/210% = 28.6% more exp but 33% more time.) For items MP5 is better but typically not for exp.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes