Need help with gear on WD

Hello all!

I need some help on my witch doctor, I can start off by telling you that I don't have that much money. I have around 30M I can spend on my gear at the moment.

Here is my profile: Zixxi

Help out as much as you can. I play on EU server. I need some major damage increase as I feel that I don't do so much damage on higher mp's and die quite easy. No problems at all farming mp 0-3 though.

Thanks guys!
    "War is created, peace is obtained"

‎"Inferno difficulty is very, very, very hard. Internally we had this super hardcore test team, and we got it to the point where they thought it was challenging enough. And then we doubled it." - Jay Wilson
    bump bump bump

‎"Inferno difficulty is very, very, very hard. Internally we had this super hardcore test team, and we got it to the point where they thought it was challenging enough. And then we doubled it." - Jay Wilson
    Still bump, appreciate even a little help

Hello there, im not any WD expert but i guess that i could have a look at your profile anyways :)
    First of i would say that your gear looks fine, heres my point of view :)

A nice dps upgrade could be to find a new Carving Knife with a socket, your gear seames a bit low on Crit Dmg
    You could also consider getting a Vile Ward gives you a nice amount of protection together with some high Int rolls

But that's pretty much what im able to see hehe as i said, im no expert, normally i play a barb but i hope that you are able to use something of what ive suggested

Best Regards

Karaz

Edit: You could consider upgrading your gems aswell, im not saying its a cheap upgrade, but its an opertunity :)

Hello there, im not any WD expert but i guess that i could have a look at your profile anyways :)

A nice dps upgrade could be to find a new Carving Knife with a socket, your gear seames a bit low on Crit Dmg
    You could also consider getting a Vile Ward gives you a nice amount of protection together with some high Int rolls

But that's pretty much what im able to see hehe as i said, im no expert, normally i play a barb but i hope that you are able to use something of what ive suggested

Best Regards

Karaz

Edit: You could consider upgrading your gems aswell, im not saying its a cheap upgrade, but its an opertunity :)

Hey!

Thanks a lot for the sharing of your opinion, appreciated!

I just purchased a skorn with life steal and the dps (unbuffed) is at 125k. Will try it out! :)

Also look for some gear that will boost your Health. 27k is pretty low for higher MP-levels. As for the Skorn you just scored, that is a pretty nice one!
    Focus on getting crit chance and crit damage to boost your stats. IAS will increase your dps on your character sheet, but unless you have a 4 set zuni and mana regen on MH+OH+voodoo mask, you will go OOM quickly if you try to stack it and will be stuck using low damage attacks. Using a 2h weapon does tend to balance this out, but you will still OOM if you aren't careful. I'm particularly not a fan of the monk pants, you would be much better served getting some rares with socket+vit+int+all res+armor.

That skorn is very nice, but keep in mind you sacrifice 10% crit chance going without an offhand. IMO, its better to go with an offhand due to the fact that skorn crits with high crit damage will be overkill most of the time, whereas weaker crits that occur more often will be more useful damage normally.

If you want to farm higher monster power, keep the skorn, and stack as much allres+physical res+armor as you can on as many armor pieces as you can. However you will probably get more drops and much more experience farming mp0-1.

Your bracers are the most obvious piece to upgrade. Get some with all resist+physical resist, even if you need to sacrifice a little crit chance.

Best Regards

Karaz

Hey!

Thanks a lot for the sharing of your opinion, appreciated!

I just purchased a skorn with life steal and the dps (unbuffed) is at 125k. Will try it out! :)

Hey NP man :)
    It sounds great, GL & HF outthere :D

Focus on getting crit chance and crit damage to boost your stats. IAS will increase your dps on your character sheet, but unless you have a 4 set zuni and mana regen on MH+OH+voodoo mask, you will go OOM quickly if you try to stack it and will be stuck using low damage attacks. Using a 2h weapon does tend to balance this out, but you will still OOM if you aren't careful. I'm particularly not a fan of the monk pants, you would be much better served getting some rares with socket+vit+int+all res+armor.

That skorn is very nice, but keep in mind you sacrifice 10% crit chance going without an offhand. IMO, its better to go with an offhand due to the fact that skorn crits with high crit damage will be overkill most of the time, whereas weaker crits that occur more often will be more useful damage normally.

If you want to farm higher monster power, keep the skorn, and stack as much allres+physical res+armor as you can on as many armor pieces as you can. However you will probably get more drops and much more experience farming mp0-1.

Your bracers are the most obvious piece to upgrade. Get some with all resist+physical resist, even if you need to sacrifice a little crit chance.

Thanks a lot! Will consider to change the bracers!

I actually like the extra +1% crit chance from pants and the movement speed actually makes it possible to have another bracers then lacuni which is fortunate.

I went back to 1h+mojo since skorn were quite unuselfull tbh, going for an upgrade on my mojo instead.

OT: actually started to play my monk more again since they will be buffed on 1.07.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes