Need advice on how to farm

Hi guys,

I am currently running act 3 on mp1, but I was wondering what would be the best way to become a little bit richer.
    Maybe there is a cheap way to replace some of my equipment with 1 mil. Currently I don't have more gold then 1 mil. Any advice is appreciated!
    Troll the Ah for some boots with 12% movement speed and as much int and all resist as you can afford. Then put a gem in that thing of the deep! after that its all rng unless you want to start buying MF gear.

Troll the Ah for some boots with 12% movement speed and as much int and all resist as you can afford. Then put a gem in that thing of the deep! after that its all rng unless you want to start buying MF gear.

Thanks alot Encanta, better gear = offcourse faster farming and thus a good option :). Will take a look at the AH.
    better to farm mp0

better to farm mp0

I will try it and see how it works... Thanks
    Did 2 runs yesterday at mp0 and it was very fast and found 1 set item and 1 legendary item :) along with a great amount of experience. thanks alot!
    Hey there,

First, as someone mentioned, my first tip would be to just play MP0. The real reason to play MP1 when farming XP/gold is so you can get Act 3/4 quality loot from act 1. Remember that the life scaling on the mobs is higher than the extra Xp you get from MP1. You can see that here on the official forums.

You can see that at MP1, mobs have 50% extra life, but you only get 10% extra XP and 25% MF and GF. It would make sense then, that unless you're 1 shotting mobs, the 50% extra time it takes to kill them isn't a good return on your time.

In addition, as someone mentioned, it should be easy to find some cheap movement speed boots. It may not seem like a ton, but it really goes a long way. In addition, once you get a little more gold, you can pick up a cheap set of Lacuni Prowlers (bracers) with movement speed as well.

Also, I always recommend playing public games. Now that the mobs life scaling is much smaller than it was, the combination of extra buffs, and the fact that often people in public games have more dps than I do I find that it goes extra fast. It also lets you wear a few pieces of MF/GF gear and get away with it without slowing your farming speed... don't feel bad, everyone does it =P. Plus, you'll often find yourself with a Barb or Monk tanking that will make your job much easier.

As far as replacing gear to improve farming speed, I might look at your chest as a piece of low hanging fruit as well as switching to a red gem in your helm for the extra XP while leveling... because you can probably drop a little HP if you're going to be playing public games (again, highly recommended... it's much faster).

Sorry for the wall of text, hope it helps!
    you really should make an effort to get an intelligence hellfire ring. That +35%exp should help you a lot.
    Maybe you can ask higher level player to help you with that. I'm sure there are kind players out there since i've met a couple myself. Good luck.
    ye, if you are about farming efficiency, then go with the highest MP you can oneshot stuff at, then get as much movementspeed as possible.
    Thanks for the tips all, I am currently at mp0 so I can one shot the most of them. But I am planning on getting a zunima's marrow. When I got these I can go for the zuni boots and then I can raise the mp I guess.
    You could put in more powerful yellow gems as well as getting a few better gear pieces. Just keep at it, eventually you will have enough gold to buy some stuff.

There is a glut of lower end (but better than yours) stuff up for sale now, plus you may get something worth selling (or keeping)

*a few of your current pieces are pretty good though
    Thanks Westy357, your thoughts are exactly mine :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes