[Solved] Need help with rd packs.

So, I tried farming mp4 for keys. I put on my mp4 gear (130k clean) and it all went well,
    (http://eu.battle.net...88/hero/7777695 - for some reason the page doesn't want to update. That's my mp0 gear.)

Bah! More than well. MP4 was quick and the survivability wasn't that bad either. 1 death per like 10 packs. For me = more than enough.... Until RD packs came along. I could rape myself in less than 1 sec against them. Usually killing myself before noticing what I am up against.

I tried changing my 1h set to 2h scorn with 5.8% life steal and 1 ring to +500 LoH ring but.... it changed my suicide time from 1sec to 2 - 2.5 sec.

I also have a full defensive gear, with like 35k dps and then I was able to survive RD packs but everything was so incredibly slow (not to mention mana issues).... and the moment I got Extra Health + Vampiric it took like forever to kill it.

What should I do? :(

ps: I can't afford a gear that is both very defensive and very dps wise. Pieces like that go for 500m+
    I have a signature so you can see my post and that post rating count icon (along with hand icon) do not overlay my post. If you do not have a signature, for the sake of others, please make one.
    After testing like thoroughly 6-7 diff builds I found solution that works:
    http://us.battle.net...YdUT!aUX!bcbcac
    This build with 45% dmg reduction makes mp4 193% dmg to only 106% (that's less than mp1 dmg)
    With this there's only like 25% chance I will die at RD packs and like 1-2% I will die at normal packs. If I played long enough on higher mp I guess I could reduce the 25% to 20% or maybe even 15%.

The gear changes I made where this:
    1. Sacrificed 24% movement speed to 12% only - changed lacuni to rare crit wrists (lacuni with crit + int + all res are worth more than all of my gear on all of my chars)
    2. Sacrificed 1 dps ring for zunimassa pox with LoH to keep 4 set bonus.
    3. Sacrificed defensive head for mp regen head (+mana regen from 1h weapon +mana regen from widowmakers +mana regen from vision quest +mana regen from offhand +mana regen from zuni 4set bonus = almost 95% uptime of bears)
    4. Sacrificed pure dps belt + pants + boots, that is the pieces that CAN'T roll crit chance on it (200int+ each), for semi offensive (high all res, vit and some int, like 40-60int)
    5. I tried to get a lot +hp from globes/potions where I could, resulting in +15k hp from them (Although it seems insignificant, it actually adds much more to my survivability than I have previously expected)

I didn't change my 1h to scorn - that would make me loose cc and I didn't want that - also - much lower att speed = bigger time interval before heals from LoH/LS.

In overall my dps dropped from 136k clean to 96k clean.

With keyfarming and no acid rain (best AoE gone from my build Q.Q) I decided to skip small packs of white mobs - If I could walk past them without hurting myself much then I'd just skip them. That speeded things up a little making it up to around 80% of key farming speed with pure dps build (but much higher survivability). I am pleased with the results.
    I have a signature so you can see my post and that post rating count icon (along with hand icon) do not overlay my post. If you do not have a signature, for the sake of others, please make one.
    I got plenty of videos on MP10 solo vs reflect packs. Probably gonna have time this weekend to edit them so they would be a better explanation. What I see from your build is you have taken way to much defensive attributes which is not needed.

On lower MP's they key is to survive few seconds on spirit form and nuke the targets. When they go %50 Hp they drop globes so you get like 150-200 resistance more which will keep you up.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fjUYdQ!cYe!cYZbcb

Build above should be adequate or you may get Jungle instead of Blood ritual.

On MP10 I usually use the build below and I can tank anything while clearing packs & trash really fast.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fjUYdQ!cYa!cYZbcb

PS: Using Life link dogs is a smart move, not many doctors figure that out.
    That's the other way around the problem - let's boost the dmg by 50% so their HP would seem like mp 2-3.

In the past me being prejudice against certain builds led not to notice some amazing builds so I am gonna give it a thorough try.
    I did 1 run with it, and I've noticed that:
    1. cd on slam dance is way too long. I could use it only once per 3 packs. Maybe I am supposed to use it only against RD packs + keywarden, but even if that's the case what If I am gonna get 3RD packs in a row (which isn't that inprobable) ?
    2. melee mobs who are confused RUN away from me (like ranged mobs do) so spamming bears is hard. That's
    why I've avoided this skill in both my mp0 build and mp4 build.
    3. Skipping white mobs became harder, especially skipping ranged white mobs, because there was no gargantuan to tank the dmg.
    4. Without any ranged skill, even widowmakers this made me die 4 times:
    a) I see a pack. I am coming close to it.
    b ) casting paranoia
    c) casting slam dance
    d) pressing the bears button
    e) waiting till bears start to deal dmg
    f) healing myself up.
    There's just to much timespace (remember I'm on 12% speed) between a and f. Also, using Spirit walk enables me to do a-f safely but then it wastes the mana regen and the possible running away in case I go low on health.

On the positive note my mana didn't run out, but I might have just been lucky that run.

I am afraid that:
    1. mobs will go out too far from rain dance so it makes it useless - especially when confused.
    2. fast and/or shielding and/or extra health on an RD pack is gonna pwn that build to the ground

As I said 1 run doesn't prove anything so I'll do like 10 and I'll see how it goes....

I might make changes to soul harvest and get slowing rune or get unbreakable grasp altogether in it's place. Idk yet, I will commit tests.
    Quote from tommmmmm

That's the other way around the problem - let's boost the dmg by 50% so their HP would seem like mp 2-3.

In the past me being prejudice against certain builds led not to notice some amazing builds so I am gonna give it a thorough try.
    I did 1 run with it, and I've noticed that:
    1. cd on slam dance is way too long. I could use it only once per 3 packs. Maybe I am supposed to use it only against RD packs + keywarden, but even if that's the case what If I am gonna get 3RD packs in a row (which isn't that inprobable) ?
    2. melee mobs who are confused RUN away from me (like ranged mobs do) so spamming bears is hard. That's
    why I've avoided this skill in both my mp0 build and mp4 build.
    3. Skipping white mobs became harder, especially skipping ranged white mobs, because there was no gargantuan to tank the dmg.
    4. Without any ranged skill, even widowmakers this made me die 4 times:
    a) I see a pack. I am coming close to it.
    b ) casting paranoia
    c) casting slam dance
    d) pressing the bears button
    e) waiting till bears start to deal dmg
    f) healing myself up.
    There's just to much timespace (remember I'm on 12% speed) between a and f. Also, using Spirit walk enables me to do a-f safely but then it wastes the mana regen and the possible running away in case I go low on health.

On the positive note my mana didn't run out, but I might have just been lucky that run.

I am afraid that:
    1. mobs will go out too far from rain dance so it makes it useless - especially when confused.
    2. fast and/or shielding and/or extra health on an RD pack is gonna pwn that build to the ground

As I said 1 run doesn't prove anything so I'll do like 10 and I'll see how it goes....

I might make changes to soul harvest and get slowing rune or get unbreakable grasp altogether in it's place. Idk yet, I will commit tests.

Try this then;

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fjUYdQ!TYe!cYZbcb

This my mp6-8 build. You will have no problem with cool downs. About paranoia if it is single mob it looks for another mob attack so it runs away. If there are other mobs around they are going to attack each other and come closer. It is even better for fleeing mobs since they stay at one place.
    I wouldn't change soul harvest rune since it clears low hp mobs in one shot and on most of the trash you just spam it as the mobs die around you. Of course for this build you need minimum attack speed but imo its the best build for end game farm.
    That build works so brilliantly ! I love it :P

I also did some changes to the gear:
    1. Got SoJ for 30% elite dmg and more mana (more mana = more regen from Grave Injustice)
    2. I changed wrists from offensive + defensive to lacuni's for speed (dmn, I really need 500m for decent Lacuni's). I put old wrists in inventory, in case of hard pack/keywarden I can swap gear.
    3. With Grave Injustice as another mana regen skill I changed Spirit Walk to Jaunt. If played carefully I have right enough mana to go on with my dmg at mp4. For mp5+ I'd have to go with Honored Guest.

I also started thinking about ranged mp4+ build. With firebats 350% dmg and lots of slows... I might try it out later on.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes