reroll my WD for fast farming woth it???

Hi all I use to read a lot this forum but this is my fist post.

My question is, should I change my nice WD for another "better" or fast farming MP1-2 class???

On paper they say barb, monk or even endless vaulting demon hunter can make low MP runs faster than wicht doctor...

I have all 5 classes al lvl 60 but only my WD is 75+ paragon lvl, my dps is about 160K and MF is cap.

I love my WD but I like other classes too, so that reroll will worth for me?

another point that I would like to ear about your opinions is, I have 28yrds pick up radius in my WD that is nice for my build so I take a lot more gold than other classes in every run. I have seen a lot of farming videos of people farming another classes and seems no one care abuot gold, so its true that few good items found>all gold pick up in hundreds of runs.

(English is not my main language so I apologize for any erros)

Thanks.
    I think it is not worth it. WD with certain builds is actually pretty fast (acid rain for example), I don't know how he's doing compared to other classes, but it's certainly not high enough difference for a class switch. I actually switched from my DH to WD recently, similar gear level, and I actually do more experience/hour with my doctor (I run locust swarm 2H build), slightly but still.

Gold picked up from ground... I think it's worth to collect it, especially considering that WD has very nice skills/passives relying on pickup radius, but it's really not much. I mean, from the beginning of D3 I collected about 70 million gold, which can be acquired by a single good item drop. On the other hand, item drops are random. But it all adds up and you dont waste much time collecting gold pieces (if you are not min/maxing to paragon 100 as fast as possible).

If you are the kind of player who enjoys being as efficient as possible, then I cant help you, as that's not my style (I want to be somewhat efficient, but I'm willing to drop a bit efficiency for a more suitable/fun playstyle).

Cheers!
    Fastest farmer currently is 2h barb without wotb, that uses leap/overpower/rend combo to 1 shot low mp elites, never cares about losing berserk, has ulimited fury thanks to regen/unforgiving. And this build unlike high end dual wield barb can run low mp, since you don't care about losing berserked, which makes your runs much faster. People are getting about 100 million exp per hour with this. You can't do that with wd unfortunately.

Wd isn't bad for farming though, acid rain build with good gear is pretty effective and fast. I'd say it is most effortless farmer, since you don't need to care about resources or timing any skills, just wipe screen with huge nova and sprint to another mob.

Fastest farmer currently is 2h barb without wotb, that uses leap/overpower/rend combo to 1 shot low mp elites, never cares about losing berserk, has ulimited fury thanks to regen/unforgiving. And this build unlike high end dual wield barb can run low mp, since you don't care about losing berserked, which makes your runs much faster. People are getting about 100 million exp per hour with this. You can't do that with wd unfortunately.

Wd isn't bad for farming though, acid rain build with good gear is pretty effective and fast. I'd say it is most effortless farmer, since you don't need to care about resources or timing any skills, just wipe screen with huge nova and sprint to another mob.

That's exactly the point, if you care about a difference between 60-70M XP/hr and 90-100 XP/hr, then go for it, for me though, the difference is only slight, not high enough to make me switch from a favorite character.

So, it's up to you really.
    Something you also should keep in mind is whether or not you're actually going to enjoy or dread farming on that character. You're going to have to grind those levels again if you switch characters, which can get frustrating.

(Tangent - @Aerialus: Can you send me this build or a discussion link? Curious to see why it's the faster than WW. I assumed it was always WW because of its sprint and attack on the fly.)
    thanks to all for help, the truth is I like to do efficient runs, but in the other hand with WD I don't have to care about resources and cooldows, now I think that I prefer to lose some exp per hour and enjoy for more nice and comfortable WD acidcloud playstyle
    Whatever class you play, there will be advantages and disadvantages. imho, it has more to do with how you spec and gear that determines the speed of farming. Of course some classes are superior for solo play survival, but that usually cuts down on their kill speed, so you're back to the same question, right?
    Most people that don't pick-up gold do it for a reason. If you are making a video for XP runs the last thing you wanna do is waste time getting gold and items. Watched numerous videos where they leave all yellows on the ground and just push from area to area for xp. I refuse to buy gold of the RMAH as Blizzard has outlawed it in one game but profit from it in another. So I need every piece of gold I can get my hands on.

As far as switching classes. Hell Brah play what you like. If only thing people care about is "how fast....or how much xp they can get." Then everybody will be playing one class. Play to enjoy and have fun.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes