Just hit level 60 yesterday, having trouble getting a good farming build

I hit level 60 a few days ago and have since bought a few gear upgrades here and there, but I still get WIPED HARD in anything above MP1 on Inferno.

Am I doing something wrong? I've tried a sacrifice build, pet build, and zombie bear build. Bears did the best but even then I was dying to elite packs at least four times (which isn't helpful when trying to do farming runs).

So... any advice for a newbie WD?
    There are some good acid cloud builds for farming act 3 MP0. I like using darts + CC. Darts are low mana cost and have a HUGE ranged. I can dart really annoying demons from off the screen and never get hit. I think WD is a bit more gear dependent versus other classes. You need 30k dps or more and at least 50k health. But it all depends. Honestly, I think you should find something you ENJOY and just do that until you find enough items worth selling to buy some upgrades. What's the point if you're not having fun?
    I have 50k DPS right now with about 35k health and 500+ all resist. I just keep blowing up when trying to run MP3+. I don't know. I feel like with 50k DPS & good resist, I should be able to mow through some of that stuff.
    My advice would be: don't bother with the higher MP's. If you can farm MP2, do that; if not, farm MP1. You'll get more loot and more XP.
    Isn't loot worse at lower MPs though? Not just drop rate, but actual stats.
    Actual stats? No. You gain a bonus to MF/GF and an increasing chance of getting a bonus item drop, but the stats are the same.

Please, someone correct me if I'm talking crap.
    Try an acid cloud build, I do about 50k damage and find my build pretty well effective at farming mp2 act 3. Regards and good luck!
    I'll give it a try.

I've mostly tried every build I've come across, but I notice a few options with each of them:

Zombie Bears: I have to be too close and I die quickly
    Sacrifice: I don't do enough damage up front to actually get dogs to spawn in the first place
    Acid Cloud: ...also known as "Dude, where's my mana?"

I could just be utter shite at this game which would explain a lot. If anyone feels like taking the time to maybe check out my gear/stats and telling me if I'm not even ready for the stuff I've been trying (and possibly suggest upgrade options), I'd love you forever. I can't post a link to my profile because I'm a new user, but my profile is on battle.net under reckonerX#1716.

I just really want to make this work because I love the playstyle of the WD (it's so unique, comparatively) but I just am not surviving or getting out the damage I need to... it boggles my mind that my friend who plays a Monk can just dive right in and not lose hardly any health while melting elites at MP2. I know LoH is supposed to be a really good stat...but does it make THAT much of a difference?
    I run a acid cloud build and have no problem with mana . Make sure you have the right gear for the right build. WD love pickup radius, or at least I do. Also posting your profile would help alot in judging if something is wrong on that end.
    Quote from reckonerX

I'll give it a try.

I've mostly tried every build I've come across, but I notice a few options with each of them:

Zombie Bears: I have to be too close and I die quickly
    Sacrifice: I don't do enough damage up front to actually get dogs to spawn in the first place
    Acid Cloud: ...also known as "Dude, where's my mana?"

I could just be utter shite at this game which would explain a lot. If anyone feels like taking the time to maybe check out my gear/stats and telling me if I'm not even ready for the stuff I've been trying (and possibly suggest upgrade options), I'd love you forever. I can't post a link to my profile because I'm a new user, but my profile is on battle.net under reckonerX#1716.

I just really want to make this work because I love the playstyle of the WD (it's so unique, comparatively) but I just am not surviving or getting out the damage I need to... it boggles my mind that my friend who plays a Monk can just dive right in and not lose hardly any health while melting elites at MP2. I know LoH is supposed to be a really good stat...but does it make THAT much of a difference?

Your damage is not that bad, try my skill setup (see my profile in my signature), so swap out sacrifice for Gagantuan (humongoid) and swap out Horrify for grasp of death (unbreakable grasp, this one gives you time to run/shoot splinters). Plus I got a little more HP and a little more Mana, but that won't be a problem in my opinion.
    I hope I helped you with this... Good luck!
    TryHardEnmity made a video guide pre 1.0.5, where he explained some different builds, i found the acid cloud build more like able.

Suppose to be a link here... but i can't post it yet... bah

and this was the 10th, now i can :)
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/66425-witch-doctor-patch-104-updated-inferno-guide/

Hope it helps and happy farming !

regards DreamWalker
    Regards DreamWalker

Donnie: Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes