Blizzard didn't test the Witch Doctor!... or did they?

Quote from rapsz

I'm a4 solo inferno WD and it's pretty much kite kite kite. I don't see any viable options other than poison darts + tons of cc. Bears? Good luck in a3/a4 mobs. I picked WD because I thought it would resemble the play style of necro, but I was wrong. This is a wannabe DH with just single target attacks. So unless you actually made it this far solo without using darts, you probably shouldn't put it down lol

Blizzard screwed this one up. Playing either DH or Monk until they patch this.

Pretty much how I feel minus the DH/Monk part.

Just not going to play.
    Quote from rapsz

I'm a4 solo inferno WD and it's pretty much kite kite kite. I don't see any viable options other than poison darts + tons of cc. Bears? Good luck in a3/a4 mobs. I picked WD because I thought it would resemble the play style of necro, but I was wrong. This is a wannabe DH with just single target attacks. So unless you actually made it this far solo without using darts, you probably shouldn't put it down lol

Just stand near any structure and your zombiebeaers will be straight-line-full-screan range skill.
    Quote from Silvach

Quote from rapsz

Just stand near any structure and your zombiebeaers will be straight-line-full-screan range skill.

Interesting. Let me know how well that works A2+
    As far as mana goes, I think the real issue is attack speed and how our 'primary attacks' (which consume resource rather than cost none or grant resource like with other classes) aren't free, thus giving the possibility to arise that we can outpace our base mana regen with the most basic of attacks. That just points to a good handful of issues of either QA/dev ignorance or negligence.
    The WD isn't alone on unpolished or plainly untested aspects in the game, the game itself was not ready for release, and never received an actual beta test. What was shipped was an internal build that actually wasn't even tested entirely, but was shipped with an expectation that it'd take anyone till maybe the end of summer to get anywhere close to finishing Diablo in inferno, so many of the higher level issues could be resolved after release without anyone really noticing them.
    As far as pets go, I have no clue what was going through anyone's head when they decided to code the pets to not inherit their master's vit, receive a multiple of their master's armor, etc. The damage the pets offered was nerfed heavily so that they functioned as simply meat shields and physical obstructions.
    One thing I'd like to point out is that the fetishes you can summon from the fetish sycophant passive, are actually fairly good, they have a decent amount of health and armor so they can take a handful of hits, although they aren't meat shields, they're dps boosts, and things don't normally attack them, the point being is that they just don't roll over after being summoned.
    The past few days though I've been just trying to chill in A1 of inferno, toying around with different gf farming builds, words simply do not describe how much fun it is to not spam splinters to kill things. My new favorite toy is pestilence locust swarm, while locust swarm suffers from having a short range for the initial cast, the 'jumping' it can do has actually quite a bit of range, and ignores line of sight. I've had locust swarm jump through walls, cliffs, doors and destructables, and nothing brings more joy than running through a room that got cleared out without your knowledge of even doing it (well actually maybe watching rooms of enemies melt away in 8 seconds for only 200 mana may be more enjoyable than just seeing unintended results).
    What are you willing to sacrifice?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes