Blizzard didn't test the Witch Doctor!... or did they?

Short story (or not):

Mana is broken, compared to other classes we have to wait about 30-35 seconds to get all of our mana back if we haven't invested in Max Mana gear, while other classes like the Wizard have to wait a maximum of 15 sec to get all the arcane power back, which just makes mana a terrible resource system compared to others.

The pets of a Witch doctor are really bad
    Zombie dogs and gargantuan is supposed to be our best defense, but they get one shotted by everything in inferno its like:

Normal: Oh wow im so OP with these pets

Nightmare: Hmm... 6-7 shotted that is good enough i just need more vitality cause that's where my pets gets their life from right? (sarcasm)

Hell: OMG! I spy with my little eye something that begins with DEATH PETS EVERYWHERE! Oh why god, why...

Inferno: This is just ridicilous, i guess i have to wait weeks before they fix my dear pets... sad face

The skills that the witch doctor posses is just downright horrible!
    One fourth or 1/4 or 25% of our skills are actually somewhat good, and 2/5 or 40% of the runes that the skills unlocks are also somewhat good.

So with all that being said and im sorry for saying this, but the blizzard testers must have been blind the whole time while they tested this class. I know that most of the other classes have problems aswell but it just makes me sad that the core aspect of the witch doctor is broken (pets).... it's like a library without books.

I personally have my witch doctor stores on the shelves for (hopefully) patch 1.0.3

You think the same as me? Or something completely else? Well you are welcome to leave a comment.
    Every class is broken in Inferno because Inferno is broken...
    Honestly?
    Playing my Witch Doctor I've found more viable builds or just passives, skills and runes in general than when playing any other of my characters.
    In a proper build, you can use like 40% of all WD abilities while for my other characters it's more like 25% max.

Oh and about pets:
    If you knew what you're talking about, you'd know that right now Vitality is the single stat pets do not scale with. If you want your pets to survive, you need to stack resistances/armor/dodge right now. This, however, is getting fixed next patch.

This is coming from somebody who actually plays his characters in Inferno and doesn't just skip everything to farm chests or vessels then.
    Quote from jokkekruse

Nightmare: Hmm... 6-7 shotted that is good enough i just need more vitality cause that's where my pets gets their life from right?

thats not true, vitality has no effect on the life of the pets. BUT blizz said that they will change this.
    I know that vitality doesnt affect the pets life in any way i was just being somewhat sarcastic
    Quote from jokkekruse

I know that vitality doesnt affect the pets life in any way i was just being somewhat sarcastic

Being sarcastic while trying to get a point across is pointless.

I don't see why your complaining about mana really either you are able to put out more spells at once than any other class as well because of it, so it takes longer to get it back.
    Oh, I forgot about mana in my post:
    Mana is what resources are actually supposed to look like. It's not only a resource you think about during gameplay, but also when gearing, choosing your spec, etc.

Other resources are what's actually broken. Other classes, in many cases, don't have an incentive to use a proper resource spender in their build at all or simply don't spend any resources with their resource spender.
    Monk: Resource spenders are fairly useless so you simply spam your Mantra alongside your other abilities
    Barbarian: The only useful resource spender in Inferno is basically a knockback and if you don't play that knockback build, you have no reason to waste a slot for a spender
    DH: Nether Tentacles with Marked for Death costs almost no Hatred
    Wizard: Blizzard/Hydra - most Wizards don't even use a spammable spell
    I got to agree with Jokkekruse, if you read around on various WD forums, the fact that people can refer to their build by simply saying "4CD bear/bat" and "Poison Dart" build, simply means there's way too few viable builds. Yes some skills might seem okay, but once you get decent attack speed, you have no way to do anything but Poison Dart spamming and having a few CC spells (If you want something that works). All they need to do is look at the mana resource system, and make it work, then we'll have a whole host of new viable builds.

In regards to pets, they're so broken I am also of the impression that the in fact didn't do much testing with pets, how could they possibly let that pass?.

When listening to my friends discussing builds, I get envious because I can't really discuss with any other WD what to build, because we alll use the same build.
    Because in inferno it's a mode for hardcore fans aim for the best gears.
    not too worried. blizzard is tracking everything. What classes are played most/least and which abilities get used the most.... the squeeky wheel gets the greese. They will make changes to even up the playing field.
    pets do not scale whit your armor or vit... they "consider" adding it soon.

lol yeah they really believed the pets would be balanced even in inferno... common...
    Game Designer - Micro Design
    I have changed to defensive build in Inferno currently.
    These are the skills I solo with: http://us.battle.net...kiUS!ZcV!Yaabaa
    In Group-play (Barb/monk) I use these skills: http://us.battle.net...diUS!ZcV!acYaaa
    (Sometimes I switch toads to fire spiders or leaping spiders for variety)

I use flaming dart because I don't want to get stuck on a plagued elites. The regular enemies will die to grasp of the undead, locusts and acid cloud's slow burn (I place them on the same spot). Sometimes I switch Flaming dart to firebomb - pyrogeist and throw it on the same spot with the others (rain of toads works well too). Too bad it makes the elites so much harder.

I can take pretty much hits from regular enemies and I don't die to their stronger "special hits". I even survive the oppressor charge (it leaves me with 1-2k HP) as long as the oppressor has locusts on him or I've used acid cloud on him recently.

My HP is 47,1k and my DPS is 46k unbuffed without veil. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are other viable builds for inferno. You don't have to play with the glass-cannon build and get one-shotted.
    Quote from Nivius

pets do not scale whit your armor or vit... they "consider" adding it soon.

lol yeah they really believed the pets would be balanced even in inferno... common...

They stack with armor, just not with vitality
    I was getting frustrated with the glass cannon type play style...so I decided to try a shield and build defenses. I'm at 850 LOH with a high block shield and 600 res, but only 13k dps unbuffed (20k or so with 5 stacks of soul harvest). I found that the LOH is crazy good, for me at least. I can tank a redic amount of white mobs at a time in act 1, spam rain of toads, and stay at full hp. I can even sit and tank a handful of elite/champ packs and rotate some defensive cds. Act 2, I still have to kite, but the LOH really helps when you get hit, you can recover your hp quickly without having to waste a cd or a potion. Rain of toads isn't too good when the mobs are moving, so I use dire bats and it works pretty well. I need more mana regen, so I'm using the darts that give mana back till I get some new gear. I'm thinking more LOH and a little more hp (at about 20k atm) and I should be able to roll through act 2 a lot easier.

Something to consider, anyway.

Here's the build I'm using solo in act 1..switch up a few things for act 2 though.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aWdRUQ!ZWV!bbZZaZ
    Cmon guys there are BILLIONS of viable builds. I mean, Blizzard and so many here have stressed that point before the game came out. They can't be wrong, they are Blizzard!
    Quote from Adon

Cmon guys there are BILLIONS of viable builds. I mean, Blizzard and so many here have stressed that point before the game came out. They can't be wrong, they are Blizzard!

Y, that is why Imbued arrow(115%) deals more dmg than Elemental arrow ball of lightning(155%) per tick. There r tons of misleading tooltips, buged mobs, buged everything. This game currently feels like a beta.
    Quote from Prode88

Quote from Adon

Y, that is why Imbued arrow(115%) deals more dmg than Elemental arrow ball of lightning(155%) per tick. There r tons of misleading tooltips, buged mobs, buged everything. This game currently feels like a beta.

But..but...but no. Blizzard said! People here said! NOOOOOOO!
    i thought wd was fine, until i lvled another character to 60 and saw how things really are...wd is bad and boring after a while
    Quote from Adon

Awesome sarcasm :)
    +1'd
    Quote from jokkekruse

waaahhhh waaahhh waaaahh

No.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes